Old 03-06-2019, 11:40 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Troutdale , Oregon
I think a lot of folks have missed the fact that you're driving an Interstate, not towing a trailer. There are plenty of surface lots in downtown Portland that can accommodate an Interstate. Nothing to worry about, and not nearly as scary a place as some would make it out to be. Have fun!

Spamcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:10 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
There is a public garage a block ??? from PPD. The PD also has their cruisers/ city cars parked in a separate level there. Many city/PD staff park there too. They don't officially patrol it but with so much police presence I've always felt safe there, even with windows cracked for our dogs. It is at the. South end of town, with easy freeway access.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ro...430a996f558592

Madison at sw 2 nd??? No warranties, depressed or implied

Higgins for lunch a short walk west up the hill. You'll be pleased.

CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:19 PM   #23
Blog: ameliaairstream.com

1970 27' Overlander
1987 25' Sovereign
Fillmore , USA
I was in Portland pretty recently and had a blast. We rode our folding bikes everywhere, took the gondola, visited several neighborhoods outside downtown. And we drank a lot of espresso. Iím sure weíre the type of folks who are sending Portland to hell in a handbag. ;-) What a great city.
perri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:22 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Oro Valley, Arizona
Personal opinion and prejudice against Portland Oregon but not answering the question. How helpful is that?
ride2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:41 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
Btw, not sure what the vertical clearance is for the garage, but there are numerous surface lots if your rig is to tall.

B
CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:22 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Yamhill , Oregon
Another option would be to park at OMSI go see it and then hop on either a MAX or Trolley and do the loop. If you need a place to stay between PDX and the coast we have courtesy Airstream Parking at our place with full hookups and concrete pad.
Rob Edgerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:08 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edgerton View Post
Another option would be to park at OMSI go see it and then hop on either a MAX or Trolley and do the loop. If you need a place to stay between PDX and the coast we have courtesy Airstream Parking at our place with full hookups and concrete pad.
OMSI, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, is a good idea. You do have to pay for parking there inside the museum but since you have a large dog it is quite possible to walk over a bridge into downtown from there. On weekends the lot can get full by the afternoon.
daleyocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
I like Roberts idea of IKEA. (Target my be closer to the train station) Near the Airport. Easy on/off to I205. Take the train into town. Eat at Jakes World Famous Crawfish. The stuffed salmon is a little slice of heaven!
Old 03-08-2019, 05:18 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2010 20' Flying Cloud
Roanoke , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
I think a lot of folks have missed the fact that you're driving an Interstate, not towing a trailer. There are plenty of surface lots in downtown Portland that can accommodate an Interstate. Nothing to worry about, and not nearly as scary a place as some would make it out to be. Have fun!
You are right, I did miss noticing that. I want to add that Portland is a lot of fun. Make sure you visit the Salt and Straw.
Rovin Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:00 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCStreamin View Post
That said, what has happened to Portland is terribly sad. I would not venture into downtown with my family. One of Americaís most beautiful cities has been terribly compromised by neglect and inadequate law enforcement.
Oh, boy.
Nope, not going there.
Portland used to be a marvelous city. I don't see it returning to it's glory in my lifetime.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Oh, boy.
Nope, not going there.
Portland used to be a marvelous city. I don't see it returning to it's glory in my lifetime.
I donít think Portland is any different than any other desirable west coast city in itís homeless issues, and certainly far less impacted than San Francisco. Itís crime rate is far below other large cities. Itís a liberal place with a community that cares deeply about people and is focusing on humane solutions for those less fortunate. Some of the characterizations on this thread are far from the reality those of of us who live here see every day.

daleyocum is offline   Reply With Quote