Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2002, 11:41 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

On The Road

Just found this website and am joining the foray a little late, but I can't help commenting on the disparaging remarks about the Expedition as a tow vehicle. I tow a 27 foot Safari with a Hensley Hitch and an Expedition. I am exceptionally pleased with how this works. No Sway, excellent speed and acceleration, good mountain peformance and great braking. I suppose it could be better, but I don't see how. I have about 20000 miles on this rig.
Princer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 07:43 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Welcome to the AirstreamForums Princer. (especially a Texas neighbor).

When the group gets into Tow Vehicles, we really open up a can of worms, then we tend to dump the worms on the ground and squish them under foot. I have even closed a couple of Tow Vehicle Threads because after all logic was expressed the personal insults started.

Everybody has a preference (capacity, make, wheelbase...) but I think the general concensus is to just make sure the vehicle is properly rated per the Manufacturers recommendations and a good hitch setup is in place. Plus a little common sense and practice helps.

I am glad you are happy with your tow vehicle choice and that it works for you and I am sure, many others.

Best Regards;
-BobbyWright

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 06:43 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Bedford , New Hampshire
Congratulations on having a favorable towing experience. After all, isn't this what traveling with a camper is all about? I don't know much about the expidetion as a tow vehicle, however I do know about the hensley. I am sure the hensley has contributed to your peace of mind.