Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 08:50 AM   #81
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvr_Bullet View Post
It may be a rule, but it’s a rule to be in the park. Rules don’t really care how you comply, that’s for you to decide how too. You may be expelled from the park for rule breaking or a citation. Sometimes the controlling agency will post when you book what you can expect for rule breaking. Rules are for the safety and comfort of campers and staff. There are all kinds of rules. Look at the bigger picture or view from 10,000’ above.
OK; and the rule "no fire arms allowed" also should/would apply in your scenario? What you goanna do, throw away your protection? Again, common sense here should prevail. If no alcohol is the rule; does it apply to having a bottle in the AS even if your not drinking...these "rules" need common sense applications...but many here taking to extremes...seems they just want to argue!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
Old 07-29-2022, 09:05 AM   #82
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post
FYI, drinking is not a “freedom”

BTW I’m no angel by any means. I’ll smoke cannabis all day at my campsite but I don’t pretend I have a right to do it or that I’m free to ignore rules I agreed to. If I’m asked to leave, I will. Hasn’t happened yet.
Neither is Cannabis. You do realize that even if you are in a "chosen" state it is still illegal on federal land. That means that if you choose to use at any us forest service campsite you are not only breaking a rule but federal law. I do not use it but don't care if others do if they are doing so responsibly and not bothering me or others. That's freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcc75 View Post
It's no different then the pets on a leash rule , or no open campfires, etc. Are you just going to let your dog off the leash because your 'dog is better and above the rules'?
You are completely wrong here as it is a HUGE difference. Off leash dogs can approach and attach other dogs that are on leash which is an invasion of someone else space and in one of our friends case resulted in a massive vet bill. I should not even have to cover what can happen if you violate a campfire ban. In contrast how is someone and their spouse enjoying a glass of wine with their meal at a campsite hurting anyone. You can not compare these as the same.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:30 AM   #83
4 Rivet Member

Little falls , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Neither is Cannabis. You do realize that even if you are in a "chosen" state it is still illegal on federal land. That means that if you choose to use at any us forest service campsite you are not only breaking a rule but federal law. I do not use it but don't care if others do if they are doing so responsibly and not bothering me or others. That's freedom.

You are completely wrong here as it is a HUGE difference. Off leash dogs can approach and attach other dogs that are on leash which is an invasion of someone else space and in one of our friends case resulted in a massive vet bill. I should not even have to cover what can happen if you violate a campfire ban. In contrast how is someone and their spouse enjoying a glass of wine with their meal at a campsite hurting anyone. You can not compare these as the same.
It’s exactly the same. Just as a loose dog CAN bite, you are intoxicated after a couple beers and CAN get into a car and kill people.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:30 AM   #84
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
From Colorado Parks and Wildlife regulations:

ALCOHOL
28. Consumption of alcoholic beverages on lands and waters under the supervision, administration, and/or jurisdiction of the Division is permitted with the following exceptions:
a. It shall be prohibited to consume alcoholic beverages on any archery or firearm range unless specifically authorized by a concession contract, cooperative agreement or special activities permit, and then only allowed in areas specifically designated by the contract, agreement, or permit.
b. It shall be prohibited to sell and/or dispense alcoholic beverages on any lands and waters under the supervision, administration, and/or jurisdiction of the Division unless specifically authorized by a concession contract, cooperative agreement, or special activities permit, and then only allowed in areas specifically designated by the contract, agreement, or permit and the applicant party has obtained all appropriate licenses and permits to sell and/or dispense alcoholic beverages.
c. It shall be prohibited to be present on any lands and waters under the
supervision, administration, and/or jurisdiction of the Division when under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance to the degree that may endanger oneself or another person, damage property or resources, or may cause unreasonable interference with another person’s enjoyment of any lands or waters under the supervision, administration, and/or jurisdiction of the Division.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:47 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Boy, this has really gotten out of hand. Just behave and enjoy.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 07-29-2022, 09:49 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2023 27' Globetrotter
Winder , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post

Never did I say that having a glass of wine is hurting anyone. My whole point is about abiding by the posted regulations. It is the same scenario as it pertains to breaking the rules. Either way you are in violation of the property owner's regulations. If the property owner says you can have dogs off leash - fine. If they say you can have alcohol within designated areas then fine also. We are guests on their property and it is our responsibility to follow their rules.
Also - never once in my post did I mention 'laws'. We are talking about 'rules' here. Property owners, government or private, have the right to make up whatever rules or regulations they choose. My point is that we should respect them. That's all

BTW - I would imagine that if a state park or other government property has a no-alcohol policy, then it is possible then it could very well be a local or state ordinance in which case, guess what? - its law.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:59 AM   #87
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I wonder how many have posted live in glass houses. As the saying goes if you "live in a glass house you should not throw stones". With that I think it is time we close this post.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:00 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post
BTW I’m no angel by any means. I’ll smoke cannabis all day at my campsite but I don’t pretend I have a right to do it or that I’m free to ignore rules I agreed to. If I’m asked to leave, I will. Hasn’t happened yet.
If your pot smoke is wafting over to my site I will ask politely for you to quit and if that does not work I will complain to management until it stops. If you are compelled to use cannabis be considerate and do it with edibles when around others, especially on public camp grounds/parks.
2022 25RBT FC, 50A Dual AC, Awning Package, 270W Solar, Convection Microwave. Ceramic Coat, Grand Lounge, 3" Lift, 16" Michelin RIBs, Multiplus II, Battleborn 400A, MPPT 100/50, Orion-TR 30, EasyStart (2), Easy Touch, AirKrafters jenRack, Onan 2500i, Truma Aquago Confort, Starlink, Pepwave, Parsec
Old 07-29-2022, 10:00 AM   #89
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
OK; and the rule "no fire arms allowed" also should/would apply in your scenario? What you goanna do, throw away your protection? Again, common sense here should prevail. If no alcohol is the rule; does it apply to having a bottle in the AS even if your not drinking...these "rules" need common sense applications...but many here taking to extremes...seems they just want to argue!

When I ( me ) read a rule that says clearly ‘ No Alcohol’ I interrupt that to mean in the park , that to me would include in the trailer, TV etc. If the rule read ‘No Alcohol ConsumptionIn in The Park ‘ that could be interpreted differently. Someone could always ask the controlling agency for clarification, I would get their name and contact information and verify all this. Firearms the same. Again that’s me.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:15 AM   #90
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by civeng99 View Post
It’s exactly the same. Just as a loose dog CAN bite, you are intoxicated after a couple beers and CAN get into a car and kill people.
I guess your right when the human and dog have similar IQ and impulse response. Maybe that is why the rules are there. Should this logic also be applied to gypsydad example on the "no firearms allowed" rule?
Old 07-29-2022, 10:45 AM   #91
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
I’ve never seen this restriction in a state or local campground. Interesting discussion…
We have camped all over this country and EVERY STATE PARK we have camped at has signage that states that alcohol is prohibited.
Can’t remember one park that didn’t have that sign. Now enforcement is a different matter.
Old 07-29-2022, 11:01 AM   #92
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtandem View Post
Sorry Rich; I was at Shabonna SP Illinois and they SELL beer in the concession
They might sell it but alcohol is strictly prohibited and enforced in all camping areas at Shabonna. If you don’t believe me just read their own rules on their web site

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...QfpUC8E2LSjDuo
Old 07-29-2022, 11:42 AM   #93
4 Rivet Member

Little falls , New York
I have bob. Canadian border. Coming back in to NY. Not a big deal. We suspect they were just interested in looking at our old Avion. No big deal if you follow the rules no big deal.

Yes sir/no sir and on our way.

Carry drugs, weapons etc and you’ve got a really big problem even if you don’t think it’s a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

In some states, the "fine print" that you agree to as part of your camping sign in is an agreement that they can inspect your trailer. Is it an easy to find item on the sheet in front of you? Is it buried in section XYZ of rule 1234 in state law 5678? I'd bet that depends a lot on the state.

For an exact answer to how it works in this or that state, contract a lawyer in this or that state. Best to get one who specializes in that sort of law. ( Who in the world would specialize in campground law ?? ). Also expect to pay more than a few dollars for their "opinion" on the matter.

That said, I've never seen or talked to *anybody* who had their RV inspected for stuff at a state campground. I've seen a *lot* of folks drinking in public at "no alcohol" campgrounds. This with (apparently) zero impact. If I notice them, the hosts / rangers most certainly can see them as well.

I've listened to "party campers" shout and yell all night long on a number of occasions .... If they have three kegs sitting right out there, they last a long time. You can debate about the random can. Kegs with CO2 tanks driving them are pretty hard to miss.

If "inspection" of your vehicle bothers you, do not *ever* cross a boarder with your RV. Again, I've never had a search. It could *easily* happen next time I cross over.

Bob
Closed Thread