Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #1

2007 28' International CCD
Richmond , Virginia
New style...going mobile

My wife and I are artists and sell our work at art shows all over the country. We have two small girls (2 1/2 & 11 months).
I've been traveling to shows in a 16' travel trailer and leaving my family behind when I work. It's been hard to leave to say the least.
We lucked into (what I think is)a great deal on a 2007, 28' International airstream and are completely changing our lifestyle. I sold my truck and bought a Ford F350 that is big enough to haul the trailer and haul the artwork that we make (it's metal).
I've already gotten quite a bit of useful information from this site, so I thought I'd introduce myself.
The previous owners removed the couch to open up the floor, so I'm planning on designing something to build in. The rest of the trailer checked out great. We leave March 8th for our first big trip!
-Will, Kim, Ada and Scarlett
Tin-canners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Wellcome Will & Kim et al...

Glad to have you in the forums.

Yes you can glean alot of info here as you have already seen.

And you have a much more appropriate coach to do your travels in. I assume you are keeping your land based home to return to - much easier to raise the young-uns in.

Keep us posted...

Steve in Savannah
Sav'h Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 31' Excella 500
Charleston , South Carolina
Pictures are good too..