Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2021, 11:57 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Calvert , Texas
My brother is driving highway 2 all the way across right now in a motorhome that is about 30 ft long. He was at Pattison State Park yesterday, and has sent some gorgeous envy-worthy photos from parks along the way. He started from Washington, too, but is not going quite as far as you. So far he has not complained about the road.
jrumford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
redondo beach , California
Our best trip ever was the 2 from tip to tip.
Randy and Beth 15 F250, 16 30' International, ProPride, Dexter 3" lift, Michelin 16, Dill TPMS, Centramatics, Battleborn x4, Victron BMV and 1.2KW inverter, Orion DC/DC, BlueSolar MPPT, 300W solar, Alpine iLX, Polk MM1, Samsung smart 42"
mythbuster88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 06:50 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
2 is good…all the way…lots of free over nite parking near city parks
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:29 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Bellingham , Washington
Having done Bellingham to the East Coast and back this year I decide what route based on where I want to stop and camp. Not much to see driving through the Midwest. Left BHAM in early May and hit major spring snowstorm in Montana. The biggest problem was icy roads and bridges. At this time of year I think weather will be a key variable in choosing your route.
kmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
wherever I'm parked , All
Update from Kareylou

Well we are in Eau Claire WI, having opted for 12. We really lucked out with weather—highs in the 70s/80s and lows in the 40s/50s—but had a backup route in case of snow. I had never been in these states at all, and I got a much better feel for the countryside and general vibe of the states than I would have from the interstate. There was a period of about 8 hours where our only entertainment was playing “cow or haystack?” And I won by about 200 points har har. Should have downloaded a book on tape!
Harvest Host was few and far between along the route, but there were plenty of places to boondock. Most all state and county parks were still open but many closing mid-October or Nov 1 so that would be a caution for anyone reading this thread for planning purposes. So gas,lodging, propane, dump stations, all available, just a little more forethought and maybe preventative topping off. We are not comfortable driving more than 230 miles a day and we never had to.

All in all a really nice cross country trek so far. We are in Eau Claire for 3 days to visit son and then continuing on 12. This advice was invaluable and we thank you all! I will update again as we continue eastward on 12.
kareylou is offline   Reply With Quote