Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Mono Lake and Tioga Pass

Stayed by Mono Lake a few days last week. The whole area along the 395 highway is really beautiful. Also, finally made the trek across Tioga Pass. It was reading all the comments here about this stretch of road through Yosemite that made me want to see it myself. It was well worth it.

I was impressed by all the European tourists in RV's, in both areas. Many in CruiseAmerica rv's. They have to be pretty savvy tourists to know about the above two areas.
Attached Images

westernviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Proud of ya, that is a pretty impressive pass to pull a 27 foot over. I know a lot of people would'nt even drive their car up the Tioga.
Perry
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
That is simply stunning

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernviews
Stayed by Mono Lake a few days last week. The whole area along the 395 highway is really beautiful. Also, finally made the trek across Tioga Pass. It was reading all the comments here about this stretch of road through Yosemite that made me want to see it myself. It was well worth it.

I was impressed by all the European tourists in RV's, in both areas. Many in CruiseAmerica rv's. They have to be pretty savvy tourists to know about the above two areas.
Great photos. Sure gets the old wanderlust kicking. That area should be seeing snow darned soon. We sure do live on a pretty impressive continent.

Barry
Old 09-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Whittier , California
If you are camping in the Tuolume Meadows tonight, take the time in the morning to walk along the river for an hour or so. You can go in at the High Sierra camp at the east end and walk down to the camp ground near the general store, or at the west end, walk along the river going down stream to a very pretty area with cascades. These are two of the most scenic places in the entire Sierra.

Have a great day tomorrow.
bobkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Rte. 395 and the Eastern Sierra

Enjoy that ride to Mammoth on US 395 according to last Sunday’s LA Times (9-9-07)

Go to
www.roadsideheritage.org for a free download of stories about 395’s long, rich history by listening to audio from the Roadside Heritage 395 project. “Eastern Sierra Audio Tours, Paiutes, Prospectors, Pioneers” is the first in a series of CDs and MP3s with stories of the people and places that shaped the highway.

Also there is a new Eastern Sierra Cultural and Heritage Alliance map detailing 20 sites to visit along California’s mother road, including national parks, museums and visitor centers such and Death Valley National Park and the Mammoth Ski Museum. To entice visitors to dally at as many sites as possible, the alliance has started a Passport Stamp Program and the rewards for a stop are free items. Each location will give you a souvenir when you get a stamp in your passport at any of the sites. Request the passports and maps from www.visitmammoth.com
or call 888-477-2666

Enjoy! The Eastern Sierra is one of my most favorite places!!! pj
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote