Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Greensboro , North Carolina
Michigan Travels?

My husband and I are picking up our, new to us, 2010 Flying Cloud 23FB tomorrow at Woodlands Travel Center in Grand Rapids, MI. Following our day+ of new owner training, we are taking "thesilverlining" out on the road. We are spending the weekend at River Ridge RV Resort in Stanwood and then on to Hartwick Pines State Park in Grayling. Is anyone going to be out and about in Michigan for the next 10 days?!!

So funny, we spent 12 hours driving up to Michigan today from NC and only saw ONE Airstream all the way...

Hope to see some Airstreamers in Michigan these next 2 weeks!!

Sidney
Old 07-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
I don't know how far it is from where you are purchasing the AS to your first night of camping but I suggest you camp somewhere close to your pick up spot in case you have to go back after finding something in your first night's campout.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Michigan has a very active WBCCI unit: you could check and see if there are any rallys running right now, and see if you could visit them.
Welcome to the family!

Kay
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Smile

We bought our 2001 Excella from them a couple years ago. Will be returning in a week or so for new shocks and skylight replacements.
Great people to deal with.
Larry

QUOTE=ASmojo721;1486261]My husband and I are picking up our, new to us, 2010 Flying Cloud 23FB tomorrow at Woodlands Travel Center in Grand Rapids, MI. Following our day+ of new owner training, we are taking "thesilverlining" out on the road. We are spending the weekend at River Ridge RV Resort in Stanwood and then on to Hartwick Pines State Park in Grayling. Is anyone going to be out and about in Michigan for the next 10 days?!!

So funny, we spent 12 hours driving up to Michigan today from NC and only saw ONE Airstream all the way...

Hope to see some Airstreamers in Michigan these next 2 weeks!!

Sidney[/QUOTE]
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
The Carlson family that owns Woodland is wonderful; I hope that your experience with them is as good as ours has been.

River Ridge Resort (north of Grand Rapids) is very nice, and very busy! I'm sure it will be a good stop on your way north. Depending on your route home, you may consider Hidden Ridge Resort (which is south of Grand Rapids). Both of these are "resorts" and offer so many amenities that it will boggle your mind. Our kids love them.

My wife and I also enjoy Ionia State Recreation Area (east of Grand Rapids) if you like something more rustic. Sites have electric but not water or sewer. They do have a dump station and water stations.

Good luck on your adventure!

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums