Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2004, 08:17 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Maiden Voyage Rte 17 Canada

We picked up our wonderful classic 280 Turbo Deisel Motorhome in Dover, New Hampshire. A one day shake down cruise was in order with friends up the coast of Maine to Freeport for some shopping. The motorhome named Chummy performed beautifuly.
The next day we left for home. Milwaukee, WI. We drove north through New Hampshire and Vermont. Someone can fill us in as to what it looks like since all we saw was rain and fog. There was a construction barrel that I hit, which I think NASA is still tracking, other than that the drive was uneventful. We crossed the border at "construction zone" the Canadian tourist center was closed for renovation as was most of the countryside so we contiued. Our hope was to stop before Montreal. I did not want to drive through Montreal, tired, late on Saturday night, in a 28' motorhome I was still getting used to driving. We searched for a camp ground, truck stop, McDonalds, anything to stop at but alas we were in Montreal. I drove through downtown Montreal not once but twice before we found a Walmart for the night. The next day found us on RTE 17 across Ontario which is a beautiful two lane road away from traffic and noise. We spent the night at North Bay, Ontario in a park not a Walmart ate our meals looking out on water not concrete. The following day we drove on through Saulte Ste Marie into the Upper Pennisula of Michigan and then into Wisconsin and home. A wonderful trip and one that I will take again when I have more time and can enjoy the ride.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Yes, CK, you should come back and see us sometime in New England. The drives are terrific up and down VT, NY and NH. The Canadian routes through western and southern Quebec can be a tad flat, but when Canada is open for business (June through August), it's a great place to visit!

Congrats on the 28 ft diesel and welcome to the Forums!

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote