Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2020, 03:25 PM   #41
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
HHendrix , when I tackled this problem I noted that the wing was quite pliable. I could bend it by hand even, which would allow the lock to be slid past it . I found the wing metal and the metal of the cross piece under it to be quite soft so I was able to easily drill a hole right through both and then run the padlock through before locking it. Not much work and made me feel better for sure!

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:06 AM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2020 28' International
Wilmington , North Carolina
I've gotten to the point where I don't wear a watch anymore, but it's kind of nice to know when you roll over in the middle of the night what time it is - without picking up your cell phone. We got the dimmable LED simple clock on Amazon and attached it right above the thermostat. Very easy for both of us to see, and when we attached it with 3M Heavy Duty velcro it stays put on the road...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13FAE27C-051B-4888-AFB7-7614C842A699_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	360566  
etojeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:04 AM   #43

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by etojeo View Post
I've gotten to the point where I don't wear a watch anymore, but it's kind of nice to know when you roll over in the middle of the night what time it is - without picking up your cell phone. We got the dimmable LED simple clock on Amazon and attached it right above the thermostat. Very easy for both of us to see, and when we attached it with 3M Heavy Duty velcro it stays put on the road...
But what about those that have to dig around for our glasses after we knock them on the floor trying to put them on so we can read the it? Lol
Guess I will have to put up a three by five card to see if I can read that far.

Thanks
Matti
Mattirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
DFW , Texas
Quote:

Can you provide link?

Thanks
no_worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:26 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Hanford , California
Nice adaptation, wave man! The longer we have our AS the more I think something bad is going happen, so I'm thinking security all around. Every little bit helps!
StreaminGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:28 AM   #46
Trailer Sold, Waving

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Stettler , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattirs View Post
But what about those that have to dig around for our glasses after we knock them on the floor trying to put them on so we can read the it? Lol
Guess I will have to put up a three by five card to see if I can read that far.

Thanks
Matti
One of the finest investments I have ever made in my life was to get Lasik surgery before I retired. Absolutely wonderful to wake up and be able to see that clock or that cat on your chest waiting to be petted.
For a night clock, I use one of those Timex watches that light up, and strap it to the magazine rack next to the head of my bed.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:07 AM   #47
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
1987 29' Sovereign
1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , Florida
Quote:
Cordless? Didn’t see this on Amazon. Care to share link? Thx

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
369goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:29 AM   #48
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Well, this was a fun thread to review. Ordered a lamp, tissue holder, and the kwanwa led digital alarm clock. Amazon prime is coming daily to our home. Getting ready to take our new GT for its break in trip. I think the kwanwa is the clock referred to above. I couldn’t confirm it would wall mount, but it’s listed as bedroom/wall/travel, so I’m hoping it will work. I have to pick up my kindle now and find the button to see what time it is. Batteries are supposed to last a year. Three settings on dimming it. Automatically dims after 8:00 pm.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:59 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I have this version of the digital clock. Free standing.
I put it on the nightstand using Command Strips. It never moves, but I can still get to the buttons for daylight savings, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61Qi6Wwl3lL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	360680  
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote