Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1971 18' Caravel
2004 25' International CCD
Bend , Oregon
I grew up in Little Rock, parents still there. Plenty of good things to do. Went to the Clinton Library it is good, as well as the Market area. Also last I knew there is camping in Burns Park in N. Little Rock, just off I-40. Good bike-walking path on the north side of the Arkansas River. For food find BBQ. If you want some of the best try HBīs in SW Little Rock, you will have to get directions it is tucked away in a neighborhood, but worth the search. Also Simīs and JoJos are great.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
I was stationed at Little Rock AFB (actually in Jacksonville, AR) about 25 years ago. I lived in North Little Rock and Little Rock. Nice place to live but a few years behind the times. One spot I remember, and is still in existance, is Cajun's Wharf. Their specialties are steamed shrimp and Play-De-Dos, a fruity mixed drink concoction served in a Mason Jar.

For camping, I recommend Petit Jean State Park, about 60 miles W of LR off of I-40. It was just rated the top state park in the country by Camping Life Magazine.
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #23
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
The entire extent of my knowledge of Little Rock was from the rock'n'roll heyday of KAAY "The Mighty 1090" AM (Little Rock) that used to boom into Sioux City, IA on warm summer nights as we cruised the loop... me in my '66 Fairlane ala "American Graffitti"... alas... in looking it up today, while it's still around it's no longer the icon it once was. <sigh> All great things come to an end eventually.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/20/i...p?articleID=19
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:33 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
FAYETTEVILLE , Arkansas
Little Rock

The Clinton Library downtown, The River Market, The Old State House. All of this is together.
gyandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Elgin , Texas
Perhaps my perspective is a bit different because I am originally from Houston, but I was lucky enough to live there from 1999-2001, and I loved it! Well, I did miss the Tex-Mex, but other than that it was great!

LR isn't a place you could spend several days and stay busy, but there are some things to see. Pinnacle Mountain is very nice, as well as the COE park at Maumelle. Like a previous poster mentioned, the Clinton library is also open now, and the capitol building is worth a look.

In terms of food, I recall a very good place called Butcher Shop located in off Shackelford that has great steaks. The BBQ places were pretty good, too - the one we ate at most was Corky's over in the Chenal area. Beware the coleslaw on the sandwiches, though. Apparently, that's the norm in Tennessee & Arkansas. We Texans tend to get our slaw on the side! Shorty Small's on Rodney Parham was pretty good, too. They are famous for their onion loaf. For seafood, we liked Cock of the Walk just across the river on the west side. They have wonderful fried pickles and pretty dang good tartar sauce! For a big, and I mean big, burger, try Cotham's downtown and get a hubcap burger. They've also got chicken fried steak, salads, chicken, etc. Faded Rose has two locations - one not too far from the library on Rebsamen Park, and one on North Bowman. They use a bit of cajun flair in their food. Alley Oops on Kanis is good for just plain food - burgers and such. If you've got kids, they'll probably like purple milk shakes at the Purple Cow and they've got burgers, salads and such to go with them. Last thing I can think of is a chain - Ci-Ci's Pizza. I gotta plug this one because a very dear friend of mine owns the one in Little Rock on Rodney Parham.
ginger126 is offline   Reply With Quote