Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2004, 07:35 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

I just returned from the Quartzite RV show

Greetings,

I just returned from the Quartzite RV show and the best advice that I can give is DON'T go. It was an absolute waste of time and I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I was.

Rather than having a real show with representation from major RV manufacturers, there were two dealers with lots of cocky salesman trying to sell you whatever they could.

Inside the huge tent, I was expecting to see every type of RV accessory and device to help my RV experience and all I saw were traveling salespeople trying to sell everything from a $19.95 salsa maker to a $39 sweatshirt which was coated in rhinestones.

While visiting the show, I stayed at Emerald Cove which is in Parker, AZ and was able to stay at this so called "5 Star" resort for $19.95 if I attended there 90 minute informational seminar.

All they kept on telling me was how I was under no obligation to buy anything, but they sure seemed to get upset when I told them that I was not interested in spending $5,000 to join their club.

Other then the show being poorly organized and the Emerald Cove staff being pushy, the weather was absolutely fabulous and I had a wonderful weekend.

I am happy to say that all my little kinks with my trailer have been ironed out and the coach is like a dream.

How was your weekend?
joshua32064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:39 PM   #2
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
Where was the new rig while you were dying the horrible timeshare pitch death??
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Yeah Joshua, and I wanna know how Newport Dunes was over the holidays? Did you get out before the monsoon hit Christmas day?
MaShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 11:21 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

While I was listening to the terrible sales pitch, the Airstream was sitting at the three day promotional spot that I was given for $19.95

Regarding Newport Dunes, I had an absolutely wonderful time there and was fortunate enough to leave on December 23rd.
joshua32064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:14 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua32064
Greetings,

Rather than having a real show with representation from major RV manufacturers, there were two dealers with lots of cocky salesman trying to sell you whatever they could.

Inside the huge tent, I was expecting to see every type of RV accessory and device to help my RV experience and all I saw were traveling salespeople trying to sell everything from a $19.95 salsa maker to a $39 sweatshirt which was coated in rhinestones.

Joshua,

If you are looking for manufacturer's representatives as well as every RV accessory you can imagine, visit Elkhart, Indiana, instead.

I haven't spent much time there, but the time when I did visit, I was awed by all the RV stuff you can find. It has to be the RV capital of the world.

The place where I was having my hitch work done (Dan's) had two 3" hitch balls in stock on the shelf. I've only seen these once before, about 30 years ago, in California.

If it's for RV's, I'll bet you can find it in Elkhart.

Loren
Old 12-12-2004, 06:53 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thumbs up Elkhart is the place to visit

Yes we have been there.. The Trailer manufacturing centre of North America , I am sure.. and salvage yards to boot.. mostly interiors and not much for A/S in the way of windows etc. If you want to find good prices for stoves , furnaces, frigs, blinds etc.. they have it.. Definitely a good place to visit.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote