Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2022, 12:16 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Granville , Ohio
A factor to consider to the high supply and prices of the used market is the price and availability of new Airstreams.
Roadhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:30 AM   #42
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post

There is another thing that I find curious. For as long as I can remember, Diesel fuel was priced between regular unleaded and mid grade. This was true pretty much nationwide regardless of price trends. Now, all of a sudden, Diesel fuel is a dollar higher that premium unleaded gas. Go figure.

Brian
Hi

The "offset" between diesel and gas is very much tax dependent. In PA, diesel has been well above gas (any grade) for quite a while. Right now in Alaska, diesel and regular gas are pretty close. Running around various places, diesel has been *below* regular in this or that state.

The bottom line is that the production cost of diesel is below the cost of regular gas. If taxes all came out the same, you would always save on diesel. Right now supply chain issues are causing fuel in various regions to be a bit weird. I'd guess this will change on a week to week basis.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote