Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
I beleive as someone said earlier, if you carry a gun in your trailer and don't have it in view you should be ok. If you go around the campgrounds and talk about it or have it hanging inside the door so it can be seen by people passing by you might have a problem. I am not saying whether I carry a gun or not. But I will just say I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Marvin
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Are you saying that states where a town allows it is considered a state that allows it, even though the majority of the state is not carry, let alone conceal? Is this for plain citizens? Are the guns loaded and say on a hip holster?

We have property in MI and there are no carry laws allowing regular citizens to carry a loaded wepon on them, let alone conceal it, yet I see MI is on the list of possible states that "allow" one to carry a loaded weapon on their person.

In Texas, nearly every place I've traveled had folks carrying. This has not been my exp in approx 30 of the 50 states I've traveled. Matter of fact, in some places in TX there are signs in some public buildings that restrict bringing a loaded gun carried on a person (concealed or not) into some buildings.

I'm not trying to dispute the link, just never seen anyone carry a loaded gun in public, except in Texas.
Tennessee has a Carry Law rather than a Concealed Carry Law. If you have taken the required 8 hour safety course/range qualification, pay the $115 fee and have your carry card on you, then you can carry a loaded handgun in the open. Long guns are not included in this law and must be unloaded when being transported. I have only seen two individuals carrying in the open at other than gun shows (they must be unloaded when you enter). One was in a Walmart and the other was in a sporting goods store. Most of us carry concealed so that we do not alarm liberals and the unknowing who in turn call the police and report a "man with a gun". This can lead to unwarranted search, seizure and detainment.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:47 AM   #43
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
I beleive as someone said earlier, if you carry a gun in your trailer and don't have it in view you should be ok. If you go around the campgrounds and talk about it or have it hanging inside the door so it can be seen by people passing by you might have a problem. I am not saying whether I carry a gun or not. But I will just say I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Marvin

Depends on which state in the US that you are camping. Each state is different.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 05-14-2006, 10:17 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
The safe thing is just check the State regulations before going through. Due to stringent regulations I will NEVER RV in New York, Massachusetts, Kalifornia (it is spelled correctly as far as I am concerned) or Illinois with a handgun or even without.

AIR #0078
3.73 rear end
Old 05-14-2006, 11:13 AM   #45
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidz71
The safe thing is just check the State regulations before going through. Due to stringent regulations I will NEVER RV in New York, Massachusetts, Kalifornia (it is spelled correctly as far as I am concerned) or Illinois with a handgun or even without.

I've been in possession of a firearm in 3 of the 4 states you listed. I never checked anything, never worried, wasn't concerned. I walk on the NYC subway with a 4" dual action automatic knife, and sometimes a .22 Beretta in my sock. I wouldn't think of going to a lot of MexiFornia without something to offset the attitudes of the Aztlan Natives trying to kick us out- or get voting rights and vote it back to Aztlan- whichever comes first.

When I get out of the airport in Europe, I have a gun immediately delivered to me from a friend. Yes, in Europe- where they never even suspect it. I was checked in Paris going into a concert once- the security guard found it, looked at me and I smiled and said- "its OK" and he was either too afraid or was understanding- he smiled back, didn't say a word and let me in. I don't think he knew what to do.

I've been taught to use, not to be afraid to use, not to pull it out unless I have to use, and see the definite need that I have no other option. If you're fearful of carrying, chances are you'd be hesitant to take a life or think twice- better you leave it at home and not take the chance. People like to have weapons to try and extinguish fears, but those fears are coming from inside you- deal with them a different way than a gun- maybe Muay Thai. People who carry and wave weapons are showing that they have some inner weakness that they don't want revealed- thats who gets in trouble with a gun.

I see a lot of militia guys who are not straight enough in their lives/minds to carry/own. If they want to have these idiotic control laws, the idea of comprehensive psych eval to uncover personality disorders and paranoias are a better idea than shooting tests.

Once you see enough people die, lying in blood, or comatose or paralyzed from some idiot- your concerns are not with what The Dunkin Donut Patrol says- its about keeping you and your family away from harm. You appreciate every day- sunny or rainy, your childrens smile and happy faces become worth more than any amount of money you can ever have- and protecting ourselves becomes paramount. Life is too short not to be ready for the idiots- they find you no matter where you go.

Now, go camp in peace- with or without your piece!
millionairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by millionairstream
...its about keeping you and your family away from harm. You appreciate every day- sunny or rainy, your childrens smile and happy faces become worth more than any amount of money you can ever have- and protecting ourselves becomes paramount. Life is too short not to be ready for the idiots- they find you no matter where you go.

Now, go camp in peace- with or without your piece!
As a police firearms instructor I agree with you wholeheartedly. We have had some of the strangest things happen even in our Walmart and grocery parking lots. The increase in meth labs around and in our area seem to fuel the craziness.

AIR #0078
3.73 rear end
Old 07-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #47
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Orange city , Florida
Send a message via AIM to SLVRSRFR
Amen millionairstream!
Down here in Florida we love our Guns! look at our big cities that try to oppress carrying... Orlando's murder rate is sky rocketing. Every time someone defends themselves legally the media tags it as a murder. Out of the cities though its all good. Just about anything legal go's. I Love my guns. especialy my "assualt rifles" or as the media says "EVIL BLACK RIFLES".
SLVRSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
My dad was an attorney.
He always said, "what part of the second amendment do those gun control idiots not undertand?"
He advised me to NOT get a concealed carry permit....so I haven't.
He said when that law was put on the Texas books, the old laws were not taken off the book that permit you to carry and legally transport firearms from one legal place to another legal place, so why subject yourself to the CCL Law and become a registered target of the gun control nuts. (The personal information necessary to obtain a CCL permit was public information available to anyone by filing the appropriate public information request to the state until law was passed by the 2007 Legislature that seal those records from the public.)
The ONLY reason I would pull out a gun is if I was being left no other reasonable choice.
One evening about midnight, coming in from a long day and very late appointment, some rambunctious carload of teens decided it would be fun to play "chicken" with me on the interstate. Tailgating me with brights on...passing me, then slowing down...pulling of at rural exits, speeding up to get ahead of me again, then slowing down and blocking my passage....then finally pulling alongside me with windows rolled down giving me the "one fingered salute" and crowding my lane in an attempt to push me onto the shoulder.....
I had had enough...so I retrieved the .357 from the console, rolled down my window to a chorus of yelled profanity shouted at me from the teens..... and then I leveled the un-cocked Colt at their car....
One shouted..."(explecitive deleted) he' got a gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
The driver hit the brakes, the tires smoked into the skid....and the driver piloted the car across the median into the opposite direction at a high rate of speed in escape.
I continued on the remaining 3 miles to my home, stopping at the local convenience store to tell the local officer what I had just done in case he got a call about a man in a truck on the intertate with a gun....
The local officer laughed out loud, and said he doubted he would hear anything...that those boys were probably on their way to change their underwear.
I went home and slept soundly....and I continue to exercise my Constitutional Right to Keep AND BEAR arms as a peaceable citizen.
The gun control libs can kiss my.....

AIR # 410
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:02 PM   #49
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy4
In Texas, as in most states, it is illegal to carry a weapon open to public display. Only two states have no restrictions that allow someone to carry an exposed weapon on his person in public. And if you have, in fact, seen someone carrying a side arm in Texas (loaded or not) in public, he was doing so illegally.
I guess Georgia was, until a couple of years ago, the other state. Until a few years ago, it was illegal to carry a concealed weapon. I have, on more than one occasion, seen men carry holstered pistols in their front paint's pocket. They were clearly visible and were holstered. I was in high school and just out of high school (during 1970'-1980's) at the time so I don't remember what the law was re: holstering, but you could carry a gun as long as it wasn't concealed. The law required it to be visible, in fact. A few years ago, a law was passed in Georgia that allowed one to carry a concealed weapon (with a license of course) and one could carry that weapon (guns included) within reach of the driver of a vehicle and it could be loaded. I was mortified for the safety of our law enforcement personnel. Not from the law abiding citizens, but from those who might not want to be under the auspices of the law in a roadside motor vehicle violation stop.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:28 PM   #50
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Recent article near here...

Citizens respond to teens carrying guns

Author: BRIAN WALKER; Staff writer
Publish Date: May 22, 2007
Word Count: 498
Document ID: 1199FBDD4B736968

POST FALLS - Reaction to two Post Falls teens who are openly carrying guns in the city has ranged from a call to change the law allowing them to do so to applause for exercising their Second Amendment right. Zach Doty, 18, carries a loaded 9mm Glock pistol in a hip holster in plain view. His 15-year-old brother has carried a .22-caliber rifle in a sling on his back with his parents' permission. Although uncommon, both actions are permissible under state law.
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:06 PM   #51
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
I was mortified for the safety of our law enforcement personnel. Not from the law abiding citizens, but from those who might not want to be under the auspices of the law in a roadside motor vehicle violation stop.
Those that might not want to be under the auspices of the law probably can't or won't get a permit for a concealed weapon, and will have the gun handy anyway. I am a permit holder and was recently given a very unfair traffic ticket in my estimation, (driving on the shoulder of an Interstate for one hundred yards trying to exit from stopped traffic, $200.00),and I had the pistol on me and the officer knew it, (it is noted on our DMV record) (my first ticket ever by the way), It never was discussed. Why would it be? I am not a murderer. I only desire to protect myself and my family. It isn't the legal concealed carriers that law enforcement need worry about. It's the others, and they will carry without a permit anyway.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
People have been packing guns for a long time, I guess they always will.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	packing.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	42251  
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #53
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhawk
Those that might not want to be under the auspices of the law probably can't or won't get a permit for a concealed weapon, and will have the gun handy anyway.
I'm sure you are right there. Like someone has already said, "When it's against the law to carry guns, only lawbreakers carry guns," and to paraphrase, "when it is against the law to conceal, only lawbreakers will conceal."
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
I have to ask why you posted a fabrication then later decide to call it a Hypotheticl story. You then admit to owning 2 books on gun laws, seems odd and a lot like a troll.

Jim
Question,whats a "troll" mean?
wanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #55
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
F.Y.I.,For those of you who are "unfair and unbalanced" and "unred". The "fanny packs" you see on those cute little people walking their cute little doggies holds more than just house keys! Many "fanny packs" are designed just for concealed handguns. And just think,with over 44 thousand concealed carry permits in Dade county,Fl alone-you would think there would be no (zero) crime there,gee,guess thats another idea that didn't work. And YES I do own a 9mm handgun and thank God I ain't no "red".....
Old 08-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #56
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer1
Question,whats a "troll" mean?
trolling, sock puppets, hitnrun posting and flame baiting....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

we don't have much here, but what we do have is related to very specific topics....

don't feed the trolls...

ya can't hug yur kids with nuclear arms...

when bongs are outlawed only outlaws will have bongs...

well behaved women seldom make history...

question authority...

stay left, turn left, what's left?

visualize whirled peas...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
Thanks 2air,I've seen that troll thing before,never knew it meant "hit and run" posts! And we for sure know what's right!......Brian