Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2022, 06:13 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Guest sleeping strategy for 2022 Globetrotter 27FB Twin

Hi Folks, I have a question about the guest sleeping accommodations in a Globetrotter 27 FB Twin.

When Airstream says the GT 27FB Twin can sleep 4, do they intend for 1 person to sleep on the bed formed by the convertible dinette and 1 person to sleep on the pull out bed?

Or is the convertible dinette big enough for 2 people and the pull out bed is a bonus for a child?

Second question is less important, but I would like to know what size/kind of sheets you use to make up the dinette bed and pull out beds.

We can pick up our Globetrotter 27FB Twin on Friday and I am curious about how other folks use the secondary sleeping accommodations of the trailer. Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 06:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
I guess no one is using their dinette and/or pullout beds, lol.

All I hear are crickets, lol.
Old 07-21-2022, 07:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
I think you are on your own for deciding your guest accomodations.

It is not uncommon to purchase oversized flat sheets for odd sized beds, and some owners custom-tailor oversized flat sheets to fit odd sized mattresses, especially those owner who have purchased custom mattress replacements for the Airstream supplied originals. (That’s what we did.)

On two occasions we have had more guests than our home would normally accommodate, and we used the Airstream for a guest. It worked out fine…in fact, the guest complimented us on how comfortable and how they appreciated the privacy afforded them.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:23 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Schaumburg , Illinois
I also think you are on your own here, Airstream says it sleeps 4 primarily because they are trying to sell trailers. How you make that happen is really up to you, but another big variable in this is the size of the people, whether it's kids (small or large), small adults, or large adults. The size of the guests will probably be the biggest factor in how you make that arrangement work out.
1StreamDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:53 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
I couldn't find the sheet size but we slept 6 kids in our 27FB and 4 adults as the kids got larger. I think both beds ended up being long full size. We also use quilted mattress covers to make the seams between the cushions less noticeable. I'll keep looking for a receipt. We also reupholstered the cushions using better foam. - brad
SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:57 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Chula Vista , California
My wife and I have slept on the pull out bed. I'm 5'10" she's 5'. Not the most comfortable but we did sleep without falling off.
Oreg52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:02 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
Soooo at maybe one point in life with my girl friend (now wife) we were totally happy in a twin bed together...36 years later maybe not so.
Just hearsay about the twin bed thing as she was raised Catholic.....
These days we are happy with a queen so we can bump buns and have space, yet not loose each other as in a King.

So my advice: It is totally a personal thing in my opinion. So make your own judgements and move forward..... whatever you decide is right!!!
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 06:13 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
Rogers , Arkansas
We have the 27 Twin. When we do have guest with us, I will usually take the dinette (least comfortable of the 4 spaces) as I am always the first one up. Sometimes my wife will take the long lounge or other times it’s goes to the person that usually wakes up next. When my sons and their wives come along, (never had all 4 of them at once) the kids get the twins because they sleep longer. We have had a mother/daughter share the dinette but she said she didn’t sleep well at all. Too close quarters. It is. Amping after all��
We use linen flat sheets for all and just tuck them under.
Mikebrady62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 06:59 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
Since owning an Airstream I have learned to modify and think creatively on trailer issues. This may sound dumb but in your airstream, sit by the bedding areas and consider what might be done, added, moved, etc. Here is my fix for sleeping:

I needed to sleep 4 not using the floor. So, My jackknife sofa, originally slated for one was actually about 40" wide when out flat. Instead of using the couch cushion as the mattress I bought an inflatable full sized mattress and used it as a platform. This solved the sheet issue as well- queen. The motorized inflator makes it a fast setup. There was about 10 inches open space on one side and a few inches on the other of the folded out couch so I used the space for an on-top mattress. Now I sleep four easily and it is more comfortable.
Old 07-23-2022, 08:28 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
Our 6 & 9 yr old slept on the dinette and pullout in our 25FB, very similar setup, your lounge might be an inch or two longer. They tried sleeping side by side for a few days on each. After the trial run and tight space, one slept on the dinette, the other on the lounge. Consider the dinette a 1.6 twin, the lounge a 1.3 twin. To enhance comfort, get the 3” memory foam toppers from BB&B…a comfort game changer. Store on the queen or roll and store next to the queen when not in use.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:08 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Thanks to everyone's responses. We picked up the trailer at the end of July and dropped it off to a local shop for upgrades (solar, etc) a few days later. We should be getting the trailer back in the next couple of weeks, so we are starting thing about guests camping with us again.

Does anyone know of any air mattresses that will extend the functionality of the dinette and pull out sleeping accommodations in the lounge? Or one that fits on the floor in that area? This won't be used for long trips, just for short term guests that might join us for a couple of days when we are camping somewhere interesting :-)

rodsterinfl, you mentioned using a queen inflatable mattress in the lounge area. How you are making that work wasn't clear. Can you take another stab at describing what you are doing? Or, perhaps have a photo of the setup? Thanks in advance.