Old 09-23-2020, 05:43 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2011 34' Classic
Sebring , Florida
Glacier National Park

Planning an Out West, maybe? Trip next summer. Id like to go to Glacier National Park, since weve never been. My husband wants to go back to Yellowstone. I am not a hiker, but Im pretty sure GNP has spectacular views from any vantage point. Thoughts?
megandrudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Fair Oaks Ranch , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by megandrudy View Post
Planning an Out West, maybe? Trip next summer. Id like to go to Glacier National Park, since weve never been. My husband wants to go back to Yellowstone. I am not a hiker, but Im pretty sure GNP has spectacular views from any vantage point. Thoughts?
Glacier National Park is a must. Multiple spectacular views from multiple locations. Yellowstone is also very nice with some unique features, but Glacier is a park you really must see. Grand Teton is also a great visit. Mike
2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II #135
2020 Ram Rebel 5.7L
MikeandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:39 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2011 34' Classic
Sebring , Florida
Red face

Thanks, Mike. We’ve been to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. Loved them both. I wouldn’t mind going back to either one of them, but there is still so much we have not seen. I was thinking that we should go see something new! I’ll pass on your recommendation to my husband!
Debbie
megandrudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:15 PM   #4
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Glacier NP is spectacular.

Just be sure to check the Glacier NP official website to learn when the campgrounds and Going-to-the-Sun road are open. Snow lingers into the spring in northern Montana.

The parking lot at the Logan Pass visitor center can be completely full for much of the day during the main season, so the free shuttle bus is a good way to avoid that hassle.

Also check closer to your intended visit dates on the status of forest fires and smoke in the area.

If you'd like to avoid crowds and see the same spectacular scenery, try camping in the West Glacier/Apgar area, and then driving your tow vehicle to Bowman and Kintla Lakes. The road in is a bit rough but you won't need 4WD-- just high clearance is recommended. Especially nice if you travel with kayaks or a canoe. We wouldn't take our AS on the road, despite the temptation of small primitive campgrounds at these lakes. So for us, they're a day's outing. (Though we once did a 2-night canoe trip on Kintla Lake.)
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote