Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2022, 12:16 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2023 20' Caravel
Chestertown , MD
Florida State Park reservations???

I think it's time we state a new thread about the Florida State Parks reservation system. More importantly, does anyone know how to nab a campsite? I've been trying for about 2 weeks, patiently sitting at my computer before 8 AM with no luck. At 8 AM their system allows one to book ahead 11 months. Every available campsite in the Keys are booked up in a millisecond. Has anyone had any success reserving a campsite under the new system (no longer Reserve America).

I find it very frustrating because I cannot just tap on the wanted campsite at 8AM but must reset the date and then click search. By the time, I manage all that, the campsites are booked. Maybe someone more computer savie, knows how to get around that?

Any help would be appreciated,
Penelope Pitstop
mccreainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 12:37 PM   #2
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
You can make reservations for State Parks in FL? Just kidding as I know it must be possible because they are all reserved. But it is extremely difficult.

I have on a few occasions done exactly as you have and must have hit the button at exactly the right time as I did get a few reservations. But I am sorry to say I do not know of any other methods.
Hans627 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 12:43 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Florida State Park reservations???

I have been at this for years and not much has changed. Between Curry Hammock, Bahia Honda and Pennekamp you may have 8-10 sites come up on a given day.

Thousands of people, including snowbirds and locals, are all online at 0759 with their fingers poised to reserve their chosen site at 0800 on the microsecond.

Some folks have ultra-fast hard-wired internet. Some are using WiFi at various speeds, some are tethered to their phones (or using their phones). All are in different locations and their requests are bouncing around through different nodes and channels.
Even those who have automated the actual button pushing process are subject to myriad micro delays in the process.

Bottom line: wins are rare but do occur. It is pretty much a matter of blind luck. The scarcity of the product combined with the clunkiness of the system is maddening.

It is why the commercial RV parks in the Keys get $150+ a night…
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote