Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Newport Beach , California
Fishing in Southwest Idaho, any suggestions ?

Chris and I are heading out from SoCal up to Council Idaho to visit her Brother. I've never been to the area and would like to get in some fishing, any help would be much appreciated.

We will be heading up Cali via US 395, then cut over and up through Nevada via I-80. Also was wondering if it's best to cut through Nevada via 167 just past Mono lake or is it better to go all the way up 395 to I-80 ?

I've never been fishing in Cali north of Bishop and I've never been to Idaho so any help north of Bishop would be helpful, thanks,

Roger.
RognChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
... , ...
Salmon fishing in Riggins, Idaho is the best it's been in 20 years (within 100 miles north of Council). Usually the Weiser river (just south of Council) is great fishing, but right now the rivers are swollen with spring runoff.
GetOutDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy Gem View Post
Salmon fishing in Riggins, Idaho is the best it's been in 20 years (within 100 miles north of Council). Usually the Weiser river (just south of Council) is great fishing, but right now the rivers are swollen with spring runoff.

I may have 5 days to work with in Council, 100 miles is no problem. Thanks for the info, maybe I'll head north for a couple days for the salmon bite.

We won't be leaving until Monday the 21st, plenty of time for some more local info. I hear that Bridgeport Ca has some hot spots, anybody ?????
Old 06-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Thanks to Spiffy for the local info, still hoping for some more. We aren't heading out until Monday the 21st.

I know we'll stop for at least 1 nite at our favorite spot along the Bishop creek and stock up the freezer with a few rainbows, going north from there I don't have a clue. Anybody ever been fishing along the June lake loop ? that's probably where we'll go after Bishop. Silver lake looks ok, should be some stream fishing I hope.

Still wondering about the Bridgeport area ???