Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Williamson County , Texas
First RV Experience 4+ weeks in Colorado

I posted about a positive experience towing with our GMC Canyon, but realized I did not post any comments regarding our very first "RV" camping experience.

We did one useful test weekend at a local lake and repaired the minor issues we discovered, then hit the road for over 4 weeks and I believe almost 3,000 miles up and around Colorado with our dog.

We were able to stop at some great dog parks along the way, as a result of planning our route accordingly.

Some of the RV parks were Palo Duro TX, Cherry Creek (200 acre off leash dog park!!), Dolores River, Gateway?, Crystal River, Clear Creek, Angel Fire, and Caprock NM as well as others.

Absolutely loved the trip and met lots of nice and interesting folks, from newbies to old pros. Never had a bad neighbor! I really had been concerned about noisy sites, but that was a complete non-issue, amazing! Other than kids with a video game that made heavy use of a sub-woofer, and a neighbor swearing about how F'ing cold he was at 3:00am (which was actually kind of funny) we had zero problems with noise and thankfully zero amplified music in the parks.

We experienced a wide variation in site quality but in general even the not so great sites made up for it with wonderful nearby towns to visit.

Next summer will be 2 months, mostly in Colorado but we are also meeting friends in Yellowstone, and have reserved a cabin in Yellowstone while we leave the trailer at a nearby KOA.

So, basically we are hooked and now have a Texas Summer Survival Plan going forward.

Thanks for all the great information sharing on this site, it has been very helpful.
SYC2Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
If you did this trip recently, you don't mention the heat!

But I see you've taken care of that by planning your trip to Colorado next Summer.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Williamson County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
If you did this trip recently, you don't mention the heat!

But I see you've taken care of that by planning your trip to Colorado next Summer.
We did the Colorado trip in July/August, on our way out of Texas arrived at Palo Duro late afternoon and it was very nice, only used A/C once on the trip (forget where). Weather was absolutely perfect, don't know if that was timing or luck but it was great.
SYC2Vette is offline   Reply With Quote