Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2015, 04:59 AM   #21
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiredneck View Post
It's a little north of the Finger Lakes, but I second Bob's recommendation of Letchworth State Park. We went there 30+ years ago and have wanted to get back ever since!
You bet....it's also a 'Leaf Peep'n' destination in the Fall. It follows the Genesee River, you can enter at either end and exit at the opposite.

You can also do your Wine Tasting at the Glen Iris Inn

Bob
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:41 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
Finger Lake NY Camping Recommendations

We're headed to Watkins Glen next weekend for the NASCAR race. Everything will be booked up, but they will be working on the track after NASCAR weekend so that should slow things down. We've stayed at Watkins Glen state park - highly recommend but not a lot of RV friendly sites especially if you have a bigger trailer. The Watkins Glen koa is very nice if you like koa's. We stayed at the Holiday Hill Campground when it was a KOA, it's not a KOA anymore but it was a nice clean park when we stayed there. Letchworthis a beautiful park too! If your willing to stay outside of the finger lakes but still in that part of NY we really like Hamlin Breech and Lakeside Beach state parks (although lakeside beach doesn't actually have a beach)

Make sure to check out the Corning museum of glass. We enjoyed the museum of western art and the Market Street Brewery restaurant is fantastic. The windmill market has lots of neat stuff.

Have fun!
AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:56 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I want to thank everyone for their input on sites in the Finger Lakes. Howevr there seems to be lot going on at this time in the area and sites are hard to come by. Some are further then we want to travel. I wanted to do it in a day so it looks like I will now search PA.
Again thanks for the input.
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Springville , Alabama
Just got back from that area, and have been before. We like Taughannic Falls state park Taughannock Falls State Park - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation near Trumansburg (12 miles north of Ithaca), but they do not have hookups. But it is cool at night, so no AC needed. This park was booked, so we had to stay at Spruce Row Campsite Spruce Row Campground & RV Park - Ithaca, NY. Camping in the Finger Lakes , a large, private campground. Some of the sites are pretty crowded, and it was busy park with lots of kids and a lot of seasonal units (some looked permanent to me). Not my cup of tea, but it did have hookups and shade, and availability.

A must do in the area is the hike through Enfield Glen at Robert H. Treman State .. amazing stone trail through a rocky canyon, looks like something out of elf kingdom in Lord of the Rings! You can access from the top or the bottom of the mountain, I suggest top part and just walk down as far as you like and return by same trail. Treman has campground too at bottom, but I don't know anything about it.
driftwood1 is offline   Reply With Quote