Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Fan and 'airing position card'?

Hi all,
Three questions:
My bedtime reading since I purchased my unit has been the pile of brochures and manuals the dealer provided at signing. I finished the Dometic frig manual last night and I didn't see any reference to a fan. I remember that in my former 2005 19' Bambi, it said to always leave the frig fan switch 'on', so I did. It was located right inside the entry door on left side and the switch lit up red when on. However, my manual for current AS says nothing about turning a fan 'on' or 'off' and I cannot find one behind the frig via outside access panel. Is there one? I did see a plug plugged but no fan switch.
2) What is the "airing position" for the frig when storing? Is that just propping the doors open?
3) The manual shows 8 photos of how to use the "Airing Position Card" in the frig but I cannot find one. Should I have one?
FYI: My model is Dometic Model No. RM3762RBX 7 cu ft)
Thanks for any insight.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Old 07-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
Hi all,
Three questions:
My bedtime reading since I purchased my unit has been the pile of brochures and manuals the dealer provided at signing. I finished the Dometic frig manual last night and I didn't see any reference to a fan. I remember that in my former 2005 19' Bambi, it said to always leave the frig fan switch 'on', so I did. It was located right inside the entry door on left side and the switch lit up red when on. However, my manual for current AS says nothing about turning a fan 'on' or 'off' and I cannot find one behind the frig via outside access panel. Is there one? I did see a plug plugged but no fan switch.
2) What is the "airing position" for the frig when storing? Is that just propping the doors open?
3) The manual shows 8 photos of how to use the "Airing Position Card" in the frig but I cannot find one. Should I have one?
FYI: My model is Dometic Model No. RM3762RBX 7 cu ft)
Thanks for any insight.
You should have what looks like a shelf divider in each of the fridge and freezer doors. It should be a white triangle-ish shaped piece that clips over the edge of the shelf. In order to use it to prop the fridge door open, you gently lift the divider up off the edge of the shelf, then place the divider on the latch, through the slot in the divider. A picture is worth a thousand words...
Old 07-14-2018, 07:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Do you have one of it?
Old 07-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #5
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Personal opinion - use an elastic cord to hold the door open, but captured so it does not flop around. Prop open freezer door with similar as well. The opener for airing card is cool. We just found it on the floor a lot. You may have better luck. We had poor luck and wanted a better solution. Pat

Fan, I thought the 25 had a vent system that does not require a fan. Better get the word from a late model 25 owner.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Do you have one of it?
Of course not. That would be too easy.
I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it here Monday, if nobody else posts one before.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:27 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Burleson , Texas
Quote:
Hi all,
My bedtime reading since I purchased my unit has been the pile of brochures and manuals the dealer provided at signing. I finished the Dometic frig manual last night and I didn't see any reference to a fan. I remember that in my former 2005 19' Bambi, it said to always leave the frig fan switch 'on', so I did. It was located right inside the entry door on left side and the switch lit up red when on. However, my manual for current AS says nothing about turning a fan 'on' or 'off' and I cannot find one behind the frig via outside access panel. Is there one?
There's not a switch on the 25' models. You will only have a fan if you have the rear bedroom layout. Front bedrooms have a roof exhaust. Rear bedrooms have a side mount exhaust that requires a fan. It uses a thermocouple to automatically turn the fan on and off based on temperature in the frig compartment. It's loud as hell and most 25rb owners (including myself) have replaced it with quieter fans.
BearForceOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
You should have what looks like a shelf divider in each of the fridge and freezer doors. It should be a white triangle-ish shaped piece that clips over the edge of the shelf. In order to use it to prop the fridge door open, you gently lift the divider up off the edge of the shelf, then place the divider on the latch, through the slot in the divider. A picture is worth a thousand words...
Quote:
Do you have one of it?
There are pictures in the owners manual showing the airing card installed as a divider in the shelf in the door. Page 8 of 20, bottom 3 photos.
Top 4 photos on that page show how to use the cards to prop the doors open during storage.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/47...?page=8#manual

ps:
This is the first of this type I have seen. Before I only saw the aftermarket cards.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:00 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Found them - thank you!
Old 07-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Very illuminating - thank you!
Old 07-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Thank you!
Old 07-16-2018, 04:46 PM   #12
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
To aid aid keeping the doors open or closed use a 5"x1/2" strip of double sided Velcro tape and place it arounrd both of the handles to hold them together. Then if a door latch fails the doors stay in place.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:57 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
Older style Dometic Airing Card available on eBay for models RM 3762 3962

Hi All,

I was looking for replacement airing cards for my older style Dometic fridge and I see that they are hard to find and expensive. I found a person who makes them with a 3-D printer and sells them for $10 on eBay (quantity discounts available). Search eBay for: "Dometic 3851206023 3D printed Fridge Door Position Prop Airing Card RM 3762 3962"

Original (with crack) and replacement in pictures. Original on top. I'm not affiliated with the seller but I bought three of them and they work great! The old ones crack over time.

Brad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airing card.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	408613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airing Card 2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	408614  

SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote