Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #81
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Why are we still talking about this?

It appears to me also, that the dealer tried to help out, but the OP has dropped off...see excerpt from dealer reply to OP from post #13:

"Our customer care representative called several service shops and did find a mobile repair person who could make it to the customer's trailer within 48 hours of us getting the call. At that time, the customer politely declined the offer."

We all have had different experiences with dealers...some good; many not so good...if you have visited an AS or RV shop lately, you will likely see they are pretty full...not only do they have a backlog typically they also have to do "make ready" checks on the new units. It is a no win situation for owners who are "not able" or "don't want" to adjust to the schedule. Seems the population is getting that way since this past election cycle!
I say, lets move on...the OP seems to have done just that; or perhaps he sold his AS out of frustration?? I don't see but this one post from him.
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:20 AM   #82
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Spotsylvania , Virginia
I'll tell you why we are talking about it.................

Most RV dealers will not work on an AS while it is under warranty, you have to go to an AS dealer.

Or pay someone a terrible high price for mobile service and they will not submit warranty claims because the manufactures pays only to replace the part and no trouble shooting time.

That and the time it takes to get paid for a warranty claim can be as long as 120 - 180 days. You tie up someone's (small business) money that long and they will go broke.

I am speaking from experience.
KWN306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:20 AM   #83
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
soooo, what is your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWN306 View Post
Most RV dealers will not work on an AS while it is under warranty, you have to go to an AS dealer.

Or pay someone a terrible high price for mobile service and they will not submit warranty claims because the manufactures pays only to replace the part and no trouble shooting time.

That and the time it takes to get paid for a warranty claim can be as long as 120 - 180 days. You tie up someone's (small business) money that long and they will go broke.

I am speaking from experience.
Not trying to be rude here, but we all understand that AS typically are serviced by AS dealers only, when under the warranty program. Each location has priorities in the way they operate their business, which may be different. I know the AS dealer where I am here in Austin, is very busy, and it can take 2-3 weeks to get into get serviced on some issues. Welcome to RV life in general; it's not unique to AS, as others have pointed out. Not an excuse, just the way it is.

My point was the OP is MIA and his dealer tried to help out...timing just didn't work out. If you want to continue to grip on this thread, have at it...I'm moving on--like the OP did..
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #84

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
My Dealer Bay Area Airstream has done a wonderful job of servicing our Airstream's warranty work.
Mattirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
Quote:
Wouldn't it be interesting if GM or Ford followed AS lead on waurentee issues. If the radio in your new truck didn't work right call the dealer and they tell you to call JBL, Panasonic or Bose. The rear end in your new truck started to make noise and have the dealer tell you to call Borg Warner.
This kind of component separation warranty is happening more and more. A friend of mine who just bought a drone got the same kind of spiel. The drone warranty only covers defects not performance issues. He has to contact a company for the app controller issue. Personally I do not agree with it. If a company manufactures a product with various systems and their product combines the parts to make their product, the warranty should be through the final product company. Yes the Atwood would have its warranty but it would be handled through the final product dealer. IMHO.