Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2021, 07:14 AM   #161
4 Rivet Member

1994 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Franklin NC , North Carolina
Pet Peves

Piggy Bank said it all.
"My biggest pet peeve is being in the presence of other groups loud and getting louder partying.

We have stopped camping over Memorial Day/July4/Labor Day weekends since it seems to be the worst for this.

24-7 blaring music, party lights all night, long after quiet-hours animated talking and whooping it up, gaggles of kids running everywhere."
Old 05-25-2021, 08:51 AM   #162
3 Rivet Member

Little falls , New York
Why not just boondock then? Have never understood people packing into minuscule sites like sardines then expecting absolute silence.

“If it’s too loud, you’re too old”...
civeng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:15 AM   #163
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by civeng99 View Post
Why not just boondock then? Have never understood people packing into minuscule sites like sardines then expecting absolute silence.

“If it’s too loud, you’re too old”...

Not a whole lot of boondocking options east of the Mississippi.

Also seems odd that you believe that the reasonable folks who are considerate of their neighbors should be required to move.

The hardcore weekend party monkeys are a pain in the…
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:25 AM   #164
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
What ever happen to quite hour? Loud neighbors dial 911 and allow the men in blue to do their job.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:30 AM   #165
3 Rivet Member

Little falls , New York
To heck there aren’t. I could tell you of 1000 beautiful places in NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2916s View Post
Not a whole lot of boondocking options east of the Mississippi.

Also seems odd that you believe that the reasonable folks who are considerate of their neighbors should be required to move.

The hardcore weekend party monkeys are a pain in the…
civeng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:26 AM   #166
2 Rivet Member

2021 16' Caravel
Smithville , Tn
Reading through this admittedly entertaining thread I realized there were two types of people posting. Those who had to think about it pretty hard to come up with a petty pet peeve to post and those who managed to get their 152/102 blood pressure to go up a tick while snarl-posting their favorite peeve. Two out of three of my favorite people types. The ‘bouncy-waver’ and the ‘scowler’. Only the ‘Overly-horrified citizen safety patrol officer’ type seems to be missing. I guess he’s probably busy raising hell over at the ‘the ethics of camping without taking a safety course’ thread. That said, if I have to camp next to anyone, give me the old ‘stoic nodder’. You know he’ll have the dogs and kids well at heel and the music and lights will go off promptly at Taps.
Bhmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:11 AM   #167
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie-Bob View Post
What ever happen to quite hour? Loud neighbors dial 911 and allow the men in blue to do their job.
Quiet hour went away with happy hour...your not allowed to enjoy yourselves anymore, and the men in blue are not allowed to do their job either! Just kidding, of course. Being overly excited about your neighbor does nobody any good and can ruin your camping experience...either get over it, or move is our motto. (well, actually my wife makes that decision for me)!

Pet peve still, is really 2:
1) people who book a camp site or multiple camp sites, and they go unused for a day or more, because they have been reserved. Wish first come sites were back the way it used to be, especially in NP and State Parks...
2) AS dealers...wish there were more honest, GOOD, service technicians available in Austin! Drive to JC is a long trip!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:36 AM   #168
3 Rivet Member

2022 22' Bambi
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Villa Park , Alabama
I would like to think that a police dispatcher would take a noise complaint from a camper at a private campground and circular file it.
Conversely, I know how easy it is for a fun-loving group to get too loud in a packed campground. As a father of a 4-yr old, I've been the guy to walk next door to ask folks to keep it down because the baby is sleeping. And before you say "you shouldn't have to do that", you're right, I shouldn't. But it's more effective to get a polite request from the guy with the cute little girl and the two well-trained dogs that don't bark, than a scolding from the CG staff.
And yes, hopefully the upcoming police reform will shield them from calls to shush campers like uniformed librarians.
drmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:18 AM   #169
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Men in blue enforce laws. Not campground rules.

People who flush their tanks at dump stations when there are people are waiting are in a class of their own.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote