Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-17-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Thumbs up England - MH Rental

Hi All;

A little different question for today for this "On the Road" forum.

Does anyone know of a good outfit to rent a small MotorHome in England?

Peter and I have been thinking of taking a trip 'home' - my birth place - to see all my relatives (you know that trip people make before it is too late!)

We have been saving airmiles points for years and have just about reached two free tickets.

My Mom has had not so good health in the last 6 months - and recently had a blood transfusion and today has a Bone Marrow test - to rule out the dreaded return of cancer.

She is a breast cancer survivor - of 5 years to this month!

We thought no matter what the results are - it might be nice for Peter and I to offer to take them over to see their sisters - much easier to travel with the prospect of people (or family even better) to help them with luggage and travel that end and well all sorts of things.

We thought of a MotorHome because we could still maintain a good diet regiem for both Mom and Peter (diabetics) and it can be very stressful to their systems which we would not need. If Mom got tired she could lay down (strapped in of course) or we could stop along the way for picnics and as my Mom and Dad call them have "Nunus". While Mom and Dad Visit with their Sisters Peter and I could have a small visit with them and then travel the local areas.

Should this idea pan out we would be looking at this coming August sooner rather than later!

Any ideas for companies or places/people we could get in touch with via Airstream network to rent a motorhome??? would be really appreciated....

oh.....and if I may ask that you all keep a little finger crossed for us today

Thanks a bunch
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Hi Sharon, hi Peter,

first of all - all fingers are crossed (even chiara our labrador crosses all she has), hope that all will be good!

I just googled for MH Renting Services in the UK and found this Site UKaway, they have several links to MH Rentals listed. Unfortunately it looks like you plan to travel in the highseason, so its pretty expensive and you probably have to book early.

Perhabs one of the UK-Forum Members can guide you to a good place for renting. I will keep my eyes open and if I run over another adress I will post it.

All the best for now!!

Bjoern

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:24 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschoerrn
Hi Sharon, hi Peter,

first of all - all fingers are crossed (even chiara our labrador crosses all she has), hope that all will be good!
.....Unfortunately it looks like you plan to travel in the highseason, so its pretty expensive......
Bjoern
Thanks Bjoern for all the "crossing" really appreciate it.

Yes I just realized it is high season - so we may consider moving to the September 10th weekend to at least get us into Mid-season.

That site is great - gives lots of different rental places - I will be at it all day - keep my mind off things I suppose.

The 5-6 birth size would give us the extra room which would be nice.

thanks again - I will also check the other forum as you mentioned. I'm going to contact WBCCI head office to see what company they use when they do their European Caravans??? Maybe we can get a bit of a discount being members??
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:26 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Here are three more links

Motorhomesworldwide

Wildhorizon

Ideamerge

Bjoern

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"