Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-01-2019, 08:57 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Okc , Oklahoma
Following looking for great experience and insight.
LeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:52 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Salem , Oregon
we dont care much about amenities but clean restrooms, even if you use full hook ups in your AS is a good sign of park maintenance. roomier sites are always a plus. and we like a picnic table and fire pit.
MontyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:14 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Vacaville , California
Yours is a great question. I’m a retired single woman and I camp with 3 cats. I use mostly California and Oregon state park campgrounds and rarely have hookups. There is a website called campsitephotos.com that I look at when I’m making a reservation. The state park website should also tell you the size of the lot, if it’s paved, sun/shade and other amenities at the park. I always feel very secure at state parks because the park staff and rangers make rounds constantly. The parks also have quiet hours and generator hours. I never go camping without a reservation. I try to avoid muddy and unlevel sites if possible and ask for a change if there is availability. The camp hosts are always nice and they bring firewood around for sale, the proceeds go to educational programs that the rangers provide. Have fun and go camping often!
Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:18 PM   #44
honi soit qui mal y pense

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Timing is everything

Depart early. Arrive early. Read the reviews. Never travel on Friday or Saturday or during rush hour. Eat a good breakfast and have nutritious snacks in the tow vehicle. Smile a lot and listen to your favorite music as you travel 55 in the right lane. Life is good. Relax.
2016 Chev Silverado LT Crew 4x4
Robere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
For the past three years I have used Allstays to find places to stay, and I like it. But a friend recently showed me how to plan on RV Trip Wizard, and it does everything Allstays does, plus some useful features such as setting your drive time, and then showing you where you can stay after driving for whatever time you set up. I think I'm using trip wizard from now on.

Mike
WBCCI #3960
2019 F150 ecoboost
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:20 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Or leave late, arrive early.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:30 AM   #47
1 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Saluda , North Carolina
RV Trip Wizard

I have used RV Trip Wizard for several years and am very pleased with it. I particularly like the ability to suppress the icons for campgrounds other than my preferred ones to "de-clutter" the display. If there are no preferred CGs near my route / destination, I can easily switch to show all the options.

In addition, the group that maintains RV Trip Wizard is extremely responsive. When I suggest corrections the problem is often fixed within a few hours.
John McHugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:50 AM   #48
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Starting point & destination...🤔

After 31yrs we leave worry & excessive planning on the pad at Home...we find pleasant surprises funner than planned disappointments. 👍

Bob
🇺🇸