Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Could not be happier

Went to pick up the AS yesterday from the storage lot and it had a flat tire. Pumped it up and pulled it home and was going to change it myself. In fact, I went out and bought the jack and stands. I checked the tire this morning and although it was not flat it did have a slow leak. I was ready to change and then said to myself "Heck I have Good Sam; I was wonder how it works." Called Good Sam. They said there would be some one there in 30 minutes to fix it. Sure enough they were there and it was repaired. Needles to say I was impressed with their service.

John
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
Looking for Adventure

1975 29' Ambassador
2020 25' Globetrotter
Social Circle , Georgia
I too tested the Good Sam Roadside assistance a few weeks ago in Jekyll Island ,GA. We were on our way to Jekyll from St Augustine,FL and the middle tire (3 axles) on the curb side developed a large gash. I never hit anything, but it was there. I decided that I could make it to the campground with the other two axles good. On the way I called roadside assistance to let them know ( this was on a Sunday) and told them I could receive service on Monday. The rep made certain that we could wait until the next day and took down all the info. I called back Monday and let them know I was ready for service and they said someone would be out within 70 minutes. Sure enough they showed up in 60. After he removed the flat and was ready to install the spare I asked him if he could mount the spare tire on the aluminum wheel ( the spare tire was the same as the other 5 and brand new). He said he could and $20.00 later I was back in business. He even took my spare wheel with him and had a new tire mounted that we picked up at his shop on the way to the next campground a week later. I am very impressed with Good Sam Roadside. That one incident paid for the yearly membership dues.
KrazyKelleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
We haven't used Good Sam because we haven't needed it but while on the way to Alaska we met people whose trucks or trailers had broken down and they were happy. Good Sam towed one truck more than 1,000 miles to find a place with the right parts for a Ford. I think they took the trailer too. That was worth 10+ years membership.

Try to get that kind of service from AAA. A friend tells me Allstate also provides good service.

I did get a flat 100 miles from a garage and fixed myself with a tire repair kit. I suppose I could have had them come, but why bother when I had all the tools and a compressor.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote