Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Love your "Lost in the sixties" sticker.

And don't forget to put some flowers in your hair. Maybe on the back of the Airstream too?
You may be able to grow flowers, but from my experience, some have more eye brows than hair.

Maybe putting a Flower Tattoo on the scalp will suffice.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:17 PM   #22
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund View Post
You may be able to grow flowers, but from my experience, some have more eye brows than hair.

Maybe putting a Flower Tattoo on the scalp will suffice.
Speak as you will...my hair is still there, just a different color.
We were in the high country of Colorado last September...wonderful. 😳

Bob
🇺🇸

FAN...I had the window sticker made at a sign shop...less than a 10 spot as I recall...if I recall, anyway it wasn't much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 8-28-15 at 7.57 AM.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	361326  
Old 02-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

1999 19' Bambi
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
I spent a lot of my Navy “career”, such as it was, with only 18 square feet of private space only 2 1/2 feet high. My interest in even setting foot on a “Cruise Ship” with even more people aboard than an aircraft carrier is vanishingly close to absolute zero. It doesn’t help that I’m somewhat claustrophobic as well.

I’m quite safe from spending any money of cruise shops, no matter how fancy. I’ll stick to traveling with our Airstream, using our annual pass at Disneyland and occasional trips to Disneyworld. At least most of that is outdoors...
When you go to Disneyland, where do you park your trailer? I don't want to drive in that LA traffic. And if you do have a great trailer spot, do they have any shuttle or service to Disneyland? Advice welcome.
PatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:53 PM   #24
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatB View Post
When you go to Disneyland, where do you park your trailer? I don't want to drive in that LA traffic. And if you do have a great trailer spot, do they have any shuttle or service to Disneyland? Advice welcome.
Why not just ride the horizontal Disneyland...rt66 and park anywhere.

Now get this out of your head...so appropriate especially in today's World.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 02-23-2020, 01:58 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
I live about 20 miles from Disneyland. It’s not in LA proper, but in the Anaheim area. The trailer is not a problem, it stays parked in my driveway at home. We just drive with the Prius from our house. I used to work in that area so traffic is no big deal.

We have a Southern CA resident annual pass to save money. Usually avoid weekends to stay out of the bigger crowds.

There are a few tight trailer parks in close to Disneyland in Anaheim that are walking distance to the parks. There are a few just south in Yorba Linda area that are an easy drive to the park. I don’t need them, so can’t really answer the question with any experience.

For Disneyworld we stay on site in one of their hotels and either drive or fly to get there. Last trip we left the trailer and dogs with relatives in Huntsville, Alabama area, dodged the hurricane and spent six days in the park instead of the five we had planned.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:27 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2012 23' Flying Cloud
GVA , British Columbia
You may be getting more down time than you paid for on a cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyjudy View Post
We love to cruise. Have a 60 day TransPacífic cruise coming up in April. We do love Airstreaming more. We love sudoku, bing watching Netflix or Amazon Prime, hubby loves playing 10 10 and spider solitaire on his IPhone and NY crosswords on his MacBook. We are both addicted to Audible books and electronic books from the library. I love knitting. We love down time!
From east to west ?? Any way, you'll either be going into a hazardous situation or coming away form it. Things are going to change before then and hopefully the decision to cancel will not be yours.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...tines-12-towns
Old 02-24-2020, 10:39 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWBC View Post
From east to west ?? Any way, you'll either be going into a hazardous situation or coming away form it. Things are going to change before then and hopefully the decision to cancel will not be yours.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...tines-12-towns

That’s a great site and article for info. Thanks for sharing, We are flying to Sydney and cruising Australia, New Zealand, SoutHPacific, Hawaii to Vancouver. A 7wk trip starting 3/29. We still have a while to decide and see how the virus is progressing. I sure hope we can go, but will wait to decide.
WBAC #5932
judyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:30 AM   #28
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Corolla Virus my A$$...

Worry about this...
"So far, 16,000 people have died and 280,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 US flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.4 days ago"

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 02-25-2020, 07:56 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

1989 32' Excella
Sharon Springs , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Worry about this...
"So far, 16,000 people have died and 280,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 US flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.4 days ago"

Bob
🇺🇸
Just curious what your point is Bob, since the true nature of CV-19 is still developing. If you look at what we do know about it, maybe it would be wise to be concerned. You cavalier attitude is most likely the same one Colonel G.A. Custer had towards the opposing forces at Little Bighorn. Never underestimate the enemy!!
Good luck, travel safe and stay healthy,
Jim
MAJORJDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:36 AM   #30
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJORJDB View Post
Just curious what your point is Bob, since the true nature of CV-19 is still developing. If you look at what we do know about it, maybe it would be wise to be concerned. You cavalier attitude is most likely the same one Colonel G.A. Custer had towards the opposing forces at Little Bighorn. Never underestimate the enemy!!
Good luck, travel safe and stay healthy,
Jim
Jim,
Point, what's yours...Custer?

If it wasn't for the "BREAKING NEWS" ratings media, the Corolla would most likely be over before we even knew about it.
Natures way of culling the herd.
Think about it...where did it start?

At my age I'm more concerned with the flu that's here already with a 40% effective vaccine.
16k dead is a bit more to 'worry' about....my point.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 02-26-2020, 08:48 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Extinctions are Frequently found in Geologic History

Humans are mammals. We are a late comer when it comes to the Geologic Record. Our relatives are newcomers on the planet and actually recent in Geological History of Life. For most of Human History we are very rare in the fossil record. Today... we would be concentrated in a thin layer of sediment... in cemeteries and the sediments under water, for example.

I have neighbors who believe the planet is 10,000 years old. I explain it is Billions, around 4.5 Billion, but who am I to explain it? Stars are not a short mission to explore in person, either. But that is an entire library to explore and try to understand.

Our DNA contains reptile, fish, dinosaur... and other bits we are made of. This is for someone who wants to break down the DNA of humans. We still carry the 'gene' for tails. It is usually dormant... but some people are born with a tail and removed after birth. They do not teach any of this in High School, or in the College of Business or Human Resources.

Extinctions have occurred frequently to even the most successful species. Trilobites, a 'water bug of sorts' went extinct 251 million years ago. They had been the most successful large life form (half an inch to several feet) for several hundred million years. Other water animals are said to have taken them... out. That I believe. A successful specie... and then... gone forever.

Just like the Dinosaurs going extinct at the 'end' of the Cretaceous... trilobites went extinct at the 'end' of the Permian. None above these lines. Not immediate, but decreasing over time to zero. OK, Birds are related to Dinosaurs. Reptiles had their moments.

Bacteria, Algae, Viruses... they rule. We may be the 'thinking Apes', time will tell. Being smart is our only defense. Becoming ignorant of previous extinctions is not even considered.

Search the Internet for Paleontology and Extinctions. We collect fossils. If we want to find Dinosaurs... you look for rocks that are that age or older. Same with trilobites. It is very interesting to understand.

Humans... we are no different. Trilobites were successful over the Entire Earth. They leave only fossils and have never returned for 250,000,000 years. When our time comes, and it will... do not loose any sleep over it. When it begins and How... it will as time has shown before.

Can you wait for the Mission to Mars? Can you imagine what could be returned as tiny DNA resistant to the Mars Climate and coming to the Blue Planet? We are not that bright.

Go dig some Trilobites in Millard County, Utah. About 450,000,000 years old and lots of fun to find. They are everywhere in the shales.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:00 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

1989 32' Excella
Sharon Springs , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Jim,
Point, what's yours...Custer?

If it wasn't for the "BREAKING NEWS" ratings media, the Corolla would most likely be over before we even knew about it.
Natures way of culling the herd.
Think about it...where did it start?

At my age I'm more concerned with the flu that's here already with a 40% effective vaccine.
16k dead is a bit more to 'worry' about....my point.

Bob
🇺🇸
Bob,
I am glad to see that the wisdom you have gained as you have aged has given you the power to for see the future. Maybe the G.A. Custer comparison was a bit much. My point was that the past is relatable, the future is unknown. The Last Stand started with the first shot, the Spanish Flu with the first death, etc, etc. We all have ways of coping with dangerous situations and/or imminent threats and I will leave you with yours. Good luck, stay safe and stay healthy!! : )
Regards,
Jim
MAJORJDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:47 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
I live in Florida. Seems like there is news about people getting sick, ie viruses, all the time on those boats. Maybe once a month. Not my kind of pleasure anyway.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:12 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Yeah, 8 1/2 years of US Navy service including two 9 month long cruises in very hostile territory has cured me of any possible desire to go to sea with thousands of people in crowded quarters with food and cleaning services provided by the lowest possible bidder.

I’ll tell ‘Sea stories’ forever, but there is no need for me to gather more experience bouncing around on a boat of any size.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:27 PM   #35
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Getting back to the "cabin fever" discussion that started this thread and away from concerns about the Coronavirus-19…

I recently spent 7 weeks straight in my Airstream Interstate, which has a total floor space of about 120 square feet, including the space taken up by the rear sofa/bed, the galley, the front seats, and the wet bath. It's IKEA living at its best, all the comforts of home, but you have to fold away one comfort to use another. Much of the time I was stuck inside due to rain, freezing temperatures (but no snow, darn it!), and a preexisting foot injury that kept me mostly laid up even when the weather was better.

There was absolutely no television reception on any channel, no WiFi. I had my laptop with several pre-downloaded Amazon Prime movies, a tablet with more pre-downloaded Amazon Prime movies, and a phone that I used as a mobile hotspot until I burned through my monthly data plan and my connection got too slow to bother with until the end of the billing cycle. I had several Kindle books already downloaded. And I had a few favorite DVDs from home that I didn't mind watching again. Plus I had two cats that kept me entertained for the seven or eight hours a day that they don't sleep— even though some of the hours they don't sleep are the hours that I want to sleep!

With all of that, I managed to keep myself amused the whole time without any hint of cabin fever, even though I sometimes went days on end without seeing another person.

I think I would have been more likely to go stir crazy if I wasn't alone— even if I was stuck in a larger Airstream— because another person's otherwise charming idiosyncrasies can get magnified until they become intolerable when there's no real privacy to be found. It's not solitude or small spaces that bother me, it's enforced closeness.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:51 AM   #36
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Yeah, 8 1/2 years of US Navy service including two 9 month long cruises in very hostile territory has cured me of any possible desire to go to sea with thousands of people in crowded quarters with food and cleaning services provided by the lowest possible bidder.

I’ll tell ‘Sea stories’ forever, but there is no need for me to gather more experience bouncing around on a boat of any size.
Yep...Cruise Ships, a floating Las Vegas that can sink. Improved now with a slow acting virus, guaranteed to extend your stay at no extra cost, in fact you may be eligible for a refund when/if discharged from the hospital.(if you have a good lawyer)
NOPE

I may be old, with a few non stock parts, a cancer survivor, with hairless legs, but I haven't had a cold in ages, and I don't recall ever having the 'flu'.
Maybe I was feeling under it for a bit and thought it was just a bad cold who knows. I feel fine now.
I brush my teeth & navy shower every morning, wash my hands all the time while awake, and bathe or shower every Saturday before the Sunday Service, whether I kneed it or not...this routine may change depending on activities. 😂
BTW...I still can make my HS wrestling weight class, 174. An important health factor I'm sure. 👍
YMMV

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 03-20-2020, 08:59 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
redondo beach , California
We can hang out for days.
Play guitar, read, movies, eat, fix things, stare out the window, games...
Also where we live it never rains so the sound of rain is a real treat.
If there is no wind the awning is out and you can hang out under the awning.
We all have rain gear which is also fun to use...
Bring it on!
Randy and Beth 15 F250, 16 30' International, ProPride, Dexter 3" lift, Michelin 16, Dill TPMS, Centramatics, Battleborn x4, Victron BMV and 1.2KW inverter, Orion DC/DC, BlueSolar MPPT, 300W solar, Alpine iLX, Polk MM1, Samsung smart 42"
mythbuster88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:11 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Nancy is getting the Airstream ready for our first Adventure. We will be ready at a moment's notice.

Looked out the window, clear blue skies with some leftover clouds from yesterday's showers. Taking the two Blue Heelers out for their 1.5 mile round trip hike, as we do every day.

Our routines are the same today as they were two years ago. Although, now... traffic is lighter.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Salem , Oregon
To Robert Cross didn't you say you were 5'2"?

Dave
NoResults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:27 PM   #40
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
5'2 1/2 in my heals...WYP

Bob
🇺🇸

👍
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version