Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2002, 07:14 PM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Copper Canyon (Barranca del Cobre)

About 10 years ago, I took the 11-day Copper Canyon trip with my S10 and 19' Scamp 5th-wheel. That was just about the right duration when added to the 5 or 6 days getting from home to El Paso and back home from Nogales.

We spent 5 nights on the train. I did not have a generator at the time, and I was totally paranoid about running out of battery and propane. So much so that I used less than one 20# bottle and never had any problem with battery power. I never had more than one bulb burning at a time and I limited myself to about 10 minutes of furnace each morning. Fortunately, I like to sleep with it cold, it got down to 26 degrees by morning.

I notice that Airstream has a Copper Canyon tour listed and I have the urge to go there again, but not on a tour any longer than the tour I took before. That last tour was with "Tracks to Adventure" out of El Paso and they did a really great job of setting up the tour. I'm trying to talk the wife into going back with me next year. I have a generator now, and a lot more creature comforts than I had in the Scamp.

Has anyone else here taken that trip?
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote