RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-24-2020, 08:45 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Encouraged by the very helpful inputs I got from you all on this post, I returned to the trailer last week and was able to remove the screw in the end cap (the one that goes into the wall), using a screwdriver wrapped in a wet dishcloth. I have the paneled curtains fore and aft, so pinned a note on each set so I'd remember where they belonged. I washed them in washing machine on delicate cycle, cold water, with Persil and hung dry them. I ironed them on the silk setting and they looked crisper. There was a good-size spot that did not come out on one of the front panels (FBT config), the result of me killing a huge mosquito full of blood (my blood) against the drape last summer. Embroidering a hummingbird on top of it took care of that. I re-installed them yesterday. The front drapes fit beautifully. The rear panels slid on fine but I couldn't make the velcro tabs come together between two of the panels on bottom middle. There was something 'off' about the way the rear set looked. I thought there must have been shrinkage. Later, it came to me that I'd probably hung the rear set of curtains upside down. There was a lot of lufting or loose material at the top of the curtains when slid closed, but the bottom edge, even when pulled tight, the tabs couldn't reach each other. I think if I reinstall them with the top at the bottom, they will fit to accommodate the wider width at the bottom of the panoramic windows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7762.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	381638   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7765.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	381639  

Name:	IMG_7779.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	381640   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7785.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	381641  

PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:50 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
BTW - here is photo of hummingbird I embroidered over the stain on front curtain panel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8008.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	381642  
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:46 AM   #43
RJJ
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
2016 20' Flying Cloud
St Petersburg , Florida
Peroxide... 💁🏽♀️

🤔 Next time, try hydrogen peroxide on blood stains. Works pretty well. The hummingbird is quite lovely. 🐦
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:39 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
The hummingbird is such a cute little surprise!

Yes, you likely have the curtains upside down.

I like your idea of wrapping the screwdriver in a wet dishcloth. That would have prevented the blister I got on my palm. Thanks for the tip!

Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
Encouraged by the very helpful inputs I got from you all on this post, I returned to the trailer last week and was able to remove the screw in the end cap (the one that goes into the wall), using a screwdriver wrapped in a wet dishcloth. I have the paneled curtains fore and aft, so pinned a note on each set so I'd remember where they belonged. I washed them in washing machine on delicate cycle, cold water, with Persil and hung dry them. I ironed them on the silk setting and they looked crisper. There was a good-size spot that did not come out on one of the front panels (FBT config), the result of me killing a huge mosquito full of blood (my blood) against the drape last summer. Embroidering a hummingbird on top of it took care of that. I re-installed them yesterday. The front drapes fit beautifully. The rear panels slid on fine but I couldn't make the velcro tabs come together between two of the panels on bottom middle. There was something 'off' about the way the rear set looked. I thought there must have been shrinkage. Later, it came to me that I'd probably hung the rear set of curtains upside down. There was a lot of lufting or loose material at the top of the curtains when slid closed, but the bottom edge, even when pulled tight, the tabs couldn't reach each other. I think if I reinstall them with the top at the bottom, they will fit to accommodate the wider width at the bottom of the panoramic windows.

https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
Full-time since July 31, 2017
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote