Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #561
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Raining still

Every afternoon we have had nice rain showers.We now have hope the Forest Service will soon lift the fire band and open the forest again.
Sure are a lot of unhappy campers when thay can not go outside of the campground into the woods.With almost all the hikeing trails closed, no campfires aloud and lots of the areas around the lakes closed also there is not alot to do but fish and drink beer.
Sure am looking forward to openening Mogollon campground soon I hope, sure do miss the place.
The temps here have been realy nice lows about 59F and the highs in the mid 70s.Beat the hell out of the "Valley of the sun" where it is 110+.
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #562
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Jimmy wanted me to tell everybody that his computer is down. This is the second one this summer, he must be pounding the keys too hard. All is well in the high country. We had rain yesterday and last night and it's nice and cool uo here. It was 50 deg. this morning when we got up and rain is on the forecast for the whole week so we will stay cooled down. Hope to see some of you befor summer is over. We will be backin Q for the winter then up to Port Townsend next summer. We sold our house in Mesa 4 weeks ago. How cool is that. Take care, Mike and Sheri, Spillway campground
Old 07-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #563
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Ya know, Panasonic makes a computer that's almost gunproof...rubber coated and mostly water proof...sounds like what Mr Jim needs...congrats on selling the house...wanna buy ours for a LOT of money???...suffering through 30-40 degree nights, and blistering 50-60 degree days...rain in the afternoons...if it wasn't for the price of gas, we'd be...well, we'd be here...see you folks after the second snow...m&t
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
Old 07-19-2011, 03:29 AM   #564
2 Rivet Member

1984 29' Sovereign
Bancroft , Ontario
Good to hear all is fine south of the border. Expect us to come riding in sometime after January 1st. Looking forward to circling the wagons again in Q.
Haven't started to build yet, but should have the hole in the ground by the middle of August. Now have chickens, almost as friendly as dogs and we get fresh eggs every morning. Of course we get fresh something else all day long.
Stay safe and enjoy the ride.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #565
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Well, he is still with out a computer. We are all well on the RIM. Things have slowed down a bit for us and Jimmy is always slow---We have been having rain almost every day and the temps. are cool, good sleeping. We are all going back to Q for the winter. Sheri and I still aren''t sure what we are doing for next summer. We have a lot of options and thats a good thing. All of the pets are good. Lucy is in Mesa with Minn now, she will be back soon. Come see us soon, snow will be on the ground befor you know it. Mike and Sheri
Old 08-18-2011, 04:35 AM   #566
2 Rivet Member

1984 29' Sovereign
Bancroft , Ontario
Hi Mike and Sheri;

Good to hear from you and get all the news from the "Rim" We finally got he footings dug for our house yesterday and the building blocks arrive today. Monday we start to build the footings. We have been staying in a cottage for August but will move back into our Airstream in September. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Q this January. We now have lots of courtesy parking for Airstreamers, so come and visit. Has Lucy calmed down any? Mary is looking forward to taking her for a walk. Keep us in the loop.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #567
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Hi everybody. We are still up here at the RIM. Sheri and I have been moved to a new camp ground. We are at Crook group camp ground. Its just up from Spillway. No co-host... Jimmy is still with out a computer but he and Minn are good. Jan and Richard will be here this weekend with their fishing group to de crawdad canyon lake. Should be a good eating weekend. We have been getting rain every afternoon and the weather has been wonderful. In the 50s at night and maby 78 during the day. see you soon. Mike and Sheri
Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #568
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
We are planning to head up there on Thursday of this week for the long weekend, we are planning to stay at Mogollon again.

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
Old 09-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #569
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
So it's starting to cool down on the RIM. We have had rain every day for about a week and the temp. was 46deg. this morning. As you know Sheri and I are at Crook group area at woods canyon lakes. We really like this campground and have had some nice groups here. Jimmie is getting ready to go to Ca. next month to work on airplanes. I think he is excited as all get out about the winter. We will miss not being able to pick on him, ha ha. Our friend Tony will be leaving Soap Creek in Co. soon. Can't wait for him to get here. Sheri and I aren't sure of what our winter will bring yet but we are planning everyday. We have been offered this campground for next year and have comitted to the company to come back. We are still at least 1 1/2 years from getting our lot in Port Townsend WA. and we need to keep Cooper in the nice dry, warm air for his health. Tha airstream has been wonderful to us. We have been out full time for the last 2 1/2 years now and we are all still speaking to each other. Let us hear from you....Mike and Sheri
Old 09-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #570
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Woke up at 0700...after the low clouds lifted above Kendall Mountain(out our front door), I noticed a heavy dusting of snow on the peak...30 or 31 down here in the 'valley'...time to start packing faster...not yet "sling it in the rig, we'll sort it out later", but that time is gonna be here pretty soon...
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #571
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
Seasons be a Changing

Snow the other day in Northern NM high up. Coolish days in Santa Fe. Soon, the aspens will be changing. Time to think about good friends, tin cans, and good times in Q or the warmer climes. The weather guessers are predicting another la Nina winter.

Y'all travel safe and we will see you soon down by the campfire.

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Old 09-13-2011, 03:38 AM   #572
2 Rivet Member

1984 29' Sovereign
Bancroft , Ontario
Greetings from Canada;

Great to read everyone's entry and know you are well and planning for the winter. We are having sunny warm days and cool nights. Construction is going along very smoothly and we are happy. Love my "bobcat".

We expect to be in Quartzsite the middle of January, maybe sooner, maybe later, who knows? We look forward to Happy Hour with everyone, won't be the same without Jimmy. How will Mary survive without Lucy?

Stay safe and we will see you down the road.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #573
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Well this will be my last post on Jimmie's blog. We are all getting ready to leave the RIM. Minn has been here for a few days and we had a very nice dinner friday night. Our camp ground was full this weekend but that was the last of the reservations. Jimmie is going home for a few days to pick up his tools then on to Ca. for the winter. I hope I am going as strong as he goes when I'm his age. Sheri and I will miss this place. We have met a lot of nice people and have had a wonderful summer. We will see everybody at the big retirement party in Nov. Have a good winter and go camping....Mike
Old 10-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #574
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Miss you guys and looking forward to Nov. rally. Safe travels.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #575
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Have all...ok, ok...MOST of our stuff packed...Max is 1/2 way to Durango and waiting for us to hook him up to the moho...will drain the water lines and winterize tomorrow, then we're OFF!!! Looking forward to reuniting with everyone and meeting the new faces...will take about a week to get to Tucson, then a slow approach to Q...
Old 10-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #576
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Drive safely, everyone, as you all move around for your winter digs. We regert that we never made it up tot he Rim this year. We might have but had a blowout that cut short a trip up that direction. See some of you at Richard's "do" and thest of you when we can.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 10-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #577
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
Drive safely, everyone, as you all move around for your winter digs. We regert that we never made it up tot he Rim this year. We might have but had a blowout that cut short a trip up that direction. See some of you at Richard's "do" and thest of you when we can.
Yah, what TB says. Wish we could get there to participate, but it isn't looking like it is in the cards this year. So far.........
Old 10-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #578
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57 View Post
Wish we could get there to participate, but it isn't looking like it is in the cards this year. So far.........
Unacceptable Barry!! You just better find a way to get down here. I'm positive the winter weather here is better for you than that stuff you have up there.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #579
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr View Post
Unacceptable Barry!! You just better find a way to get down here. I'm positive the winter weather here is better for you than that stuff you have up there.

Brad
FF
I agree, Brad, the weather last year was phenomenal and I certainly felt one heck of a lot better there than here in the cold and wet, and I owe some folks visits that I did not get to do last year - but...............
Old 10-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #580
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Tucson , Arizona
Just got back home from Mogollon campground where Jim and Min are hosts. We got up there for a great weekend in the pines, figured we would take advantage of the great weather. Saw Tony and Mike and Sheri, all are doing well. When the wind changes and blows off the road toward the rim it can be pretty dusty. Very nice weather, mid-70's all weekend with sunny days.

Jimmini are both doing well and look great. We all had a great dinner on Friday night with marshmallows over a fire to top it off. Kids kept talking about getting eaten by bears, I guess I better change their bedtime stories to something more friendly

Stopped at Pecos Park in Chandler on the way home for lunch and let the kids run around a bit. That is a great facility for folks in that area.
Closed Thread