Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 12:09 PM   #981
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Time to add two things to the mix: 1) Independent appraisal, and 2) Junkyard-dog-attitude lawyer that loves going after insurance companies...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #982
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Time to add two things to the mix: 1) Independent appraisal, and 2) Junkyard-dog-attitude lawyer that loves going after insurance companies...
Have talked to a Independent appraiser want $250+ to look and may not come up with one higher or one higher that would cover what he cost.
My insurance said they would take an appraisal from a repair shop.So far the ones I have talked with will not come out since they know it is a total and they will make no money. I found my Ford dealer would do it if I bring to their place but since its not running I can't do that.Would now be out cost of tow truck .
I have talked to lawyers but since I am not hurt have they are not interested.
Have not found a ambulance chaser yet.My wife had one as a bill collector when she was in business, was good bill collector but not a very good lawyer,but he is long dead.
Just had call from State Farm adjuster he is trying to sell me on taking the offer right now if I need the money with out signing a release. Told them no,since I can not buy any kind of replacement for what they offer.They are standing firm on their offer and would not come up.
They wanted me to drop the three top priced and two lower ones off my comparison list and said if I did that it come out the same as the offer. But mileage is still way higher average than mine.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #983
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I had an accident in May, and totaled my 06 Interstate.

Tho I had to stay a bit on my toes, I ultimately got what I felt was a very fair settlement from State Farm.

I thought they should come up some from their offer, they refused to budge.

They told me they were required by law to give me fair compensation, and I felt they ultimately did tho would have liked a little more.

While you never want them to see you sweat, nor appear desperate, you also need to take into account emotional wear and tear on you as this goes on.

You want to move on from this, and get back to your life.

As to them communicating with the other insurance company, I think that is standard, isnít it?

You might ask your Claims person to explain what the process is, what is their role, what can they do to help you, etc.

You will get something from the other insurance company, too, wonít you?

That will help in getting a replacement vehicle.

My two cents.

Maggie

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚
Old 10-18-2018, 02:13 PM   #984
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
I had an accident in May, and totaled my 06 Interstate.

Tho I had to stay a bit on my toes, I ultimately got what I felt was a very fair settlement from State Farm.

I thought they should come up some from their offer, they refused to budge.

They told me they were required by law to give me fair compensation, and I felt they ultimately did tho would have liked a little more.

While you never want them to see you sweat, nor appear desperate, you also need to take into account emotional wear and tear on you as this goes on.

You want to move on from this, and get back to your life.

As to them communicating with the other insurance company, I think that is standard, isnít it?

You might ask your Claims person to explain what the process is, what is their role, what can they do to help you, etc.

You will get something from the other insurance company, too, wonít you?

That will help in getting a replacement vehicle.

My two cents.

Maggie
I like to hear every ones two cents.
yes it looks like they do talk to each other.
Until the other Insurance excepts liability I will get nothing from them.If and when they do. I feel I will get same offer from them since they are talking to each other.( COLLUSION)
Not sure about AZ law but State Farm adjuster told me they can only use local area to get comparison valuations, only 3 fell in the area and all where real low priced and high mileage.
State Farm adjuster has explained all the rules ect. with me.
I will sit till I hear from Commonwealth Casualty.
I have word out to dealers looking for replacement but dealer don't think there is much hope getting one at price I gave them from insurance money
Old 10-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #985
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Without the other party ticketed, as in assigned blame, it may be difficult to get the other insurance company to pay anything to you, but maybe they do offer up something. I don’t know.

Your SF claims person should be able to tell you what is likely to happen.

Good luck, deep breaths, stay calm.

Maggie

Old 10-18-2018, 03:13 PM   #986
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Who would have thought since I am dead end st with no traffic,the SUV had 4 notes on it this AM wanting to buy it. I called them all back and priced it over what insurance offered and one is going to come look at it again.
Will see what happens.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:02 PM   #987
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
wreck

Well the fight goes on.
Just to let everyone know that trying deal with the insurance Co's is harder than trying to dealing with a government bureaucracy.
It looks like I am not going to be a winner right now.Can not replace SUV for the $$ offered.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:03 PM   #988
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Just got call from Commonwealth Casualty Co Adjuster after I had to call AZ insurance board for help after they would not answer my e-mails.
She was real mad,nasty and argumentative.Said they where investigating waiting police report and waiting to talk to witness.We now on day 17 since wreck and have made zero head way.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:49 PM   #989
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It was about 5 weeks after my accident, but just a few days after I accepted their offer, before I had a settlement check in my hand from SF.

They do have to investigate, look at pictures, get estimates of value from whomever they contract with, etc., and we as individuals are not the only ones they are doing this for.

That Insurance Board should be able to tell you how how things are supposed to go, and if the companies must operate within specific time frames.

Deep breaths.

Maggie

Old 10-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #990
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
State farm sent via UPS a check for the $450 that I had to pay for the towing.It got here about 6:30 PM Fri night
Old 10-23-2018, 12:29 PM   #991
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
wreck

Just got a call from AZ Department of Insurance they talked to a Roy Delacruse at Commonwealth Casualty Co and he told them that they had NOT accepted responsibility for the wreck and that they where investigating it.
I looked at 20 pages of ratings/reviews on Commonwealth Casualty Company out of 5 star rating they average 1 1/2 stars.All most all posts had same problems as me. Not many posts over 1 star.
Does not take a rocket scientist to figure this company out,after reading reviews on line.
Fight for my rights goes on.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #992
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Wreck

Fight goes on
Have not heard a word from either insurance co for over a week.
So here I sit waiting.It now has been 21 day since the wreck.
Would think I was dealing with the Government as slow as the insurance co are.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:12 PM   #993
2 Rivet Member

1964 28' Ambassador
Natalia , Texas
Exclamation

Be careful about selling your wrecked vehicle, once you accept payment from State Farm or any Insurance company the vehicle belongs to them, so don't think you can sell it to a third party.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #994
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by wohtex View Post
Be careful about selling your wrecked vehicle, once you accept payment from State Farm or any Insurance company the vehicle belongs to them, so don't think you can sell it to a third party.
Yep, you have to do a buy back from Insurance Co before you can sell to third party. When you do that you most likely will end up with a salvage title to give 3rd party.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:51 PM   #995
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmini View Post
Well here I go again.I want to replace my Zip Dee awning BUT before I put it on I need a new tube that it rolls up on.Right now the only one I have found is from Zip Dee.The shipping is about $300 + the price of the tube.
So I tried to find one in California what a joke, non of the tubing suppliers can find me one.The tube is 23 ft long,3 inches OD and 18 gauge. The nearest that they can find is 11 Gauge and the ID is to small to get the spring in and end caps on. If anyone can help I sure would like to hear from you. Thanks.
The only think I can ever find in this state is high gas prices and high taxes.Life goes on boondocking under the Pepper tree.
From my passed life working for the Libyan Army/Air Force back in 1974/1977.
The old CH-47C is almost the same shape as a Airstream.
YOUR PAST is always out on the internet now days
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Libya my work.pdf (435.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 11-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #996
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
WHO is the WINNER

:Who is the winner in the wreck.
SURE NOT ME. STATE FARM left me short about $2000/$4000 to replace it.
It was STATE FARM that got to a better state being a BAD neighbor, STATE FARM was not there.
The adjuster got a gold star by his name for cheating another customer that has been with them for 40 years.
COMMONWEALTH CASUALTY was even worst, Gave me a claim number and never even got back with me.No adjuster even came to look.

Any one want to buy my Squarestream. I may just sell it since my other car will not tow it.
PM me with your offers it is in Atwater California,670 miles from my home.
Guess it time I cowboy up and get back on the horse and ride into the sun set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wreck 1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	289.3 KB
ID:	327215  
Old 11-07-2018, 04:57 PM   #997
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Tucson , AZ
I hope you are not serious about giving up.....I am in the process of reading your entire thread and you just enjoy the trailer life too much to give it up. If I were retired I would be tempted to go get that trailer for you and drag it back to your house but alas retirement is close but not that close yet.
I wish you could find a good old 99-03 7.3 Superduty with a 7.3 diesel, it would pull your trailer anywhere and they are pretty much bullet proof.

Thanks for the great thread and please don't give it up because of this. Maybe there are enough people along the route to help haul your trailer home in steps.....The woodworking people do this with heavy machinery, the members who help are called "Ruckers"

edit: The earlier 7.3 trucks are good too but not as "refined" as the later Superduties. 2002 & 2003 are the most advanced of the 99-03 generation with more power and quieter cabs than the earlier versions. Low mileage ones show up quite often but they do command a high price.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #998
Rivet Master

2020 30í Globetrotter
Phoenix , Arizona
Hey Jim, sorry to hear about your wreck. I have not been on here for a long time. Iím glad to hear that you are okay. Let me know if there is something we can do to help

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
Old 11-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #999
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHall View Post
Hey Jim, sorry to hear about your wreck. I have not been on here for a long time. Iím glad to hear that you are okay. Let me know if there is something we can do to help
Thanks friend
Jim & Min
Old 11-17-2018, 01:50 AM   #1000
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, Oh Nooooooooo! Sorry to hear about your accident. Please don't give up on your fight for a replacement and don't sell your Squarestream. I had some friends who were a father and son team as insurance adjusters. They told me that I didn't have to accept their first offer. I had a totaled truck and the insurance company sent me papers showing what similar local vehicles were worth. I told them what it was worth to me and why. They ended up giving me a bit more than what I told them was the least that I would accept. Basically, replace my truck with exactly what I have or pay me what it is worth. This has been your life since I met you at the Balloon Fiesta and on this forum; Don't let anyone ruin it for you.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Closed Thread