Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #961
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Jimmini, I’m just darn glad YOU survived the experience. The TV is just pranged hardware...inconsequential compared to your life.
I am so old and tough it did not even hurt me.Just made me
Old 10-12-2018, 09:30 PM   #962
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Boondocking with jimmini

At our age, rage is sometimes more dangerous, but yep, being irritated at the fool that jumped in front of you is appropriate. Hope he was insured.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #963
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
wreck

Hate to say it BUT the fight is on with the insurance co. They offered 1/2 of comparative SUV $$ that I have and 2 of the 4 they used for comparison here cheaper models.
One other NOTE make sure that your insurance covers a rental car.My agent failed to have it on my police.
Check how far they will pay for towing.It was 120 mile tow for mine and insurance only covered 30 mile and Good Sam only 10 miles.I had to pay $450 cash out of pocket.
Just remember you think it will not happen to you.BS some idiot will get you some day. Adjuster that came to write up report had some idiot coming down the divided freeway the wrong way head on to him on his way to do the report of mine.CHECK your insurance policy .
Also they will not pay for your lost time from work while you wait on them to do their job.I now have lost 9 day's so far and have no vehicle to get to work with in CA.
Life is a fight right now and I will win one way or another.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #964
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
You hang in there. Insurance seems nothing better than necessary racket sometimes. Apologies to anybody in the insurance industry. Similar thing happened to me in the past. other driver was at fault and waited 11 days to call her insurance company and the meantime I had 0 nothing nada. Next time I will make my insurance company open the claim, get the rental car through them and then they will work on my behalf maybe. I'll worry about the aftermath. seems all Insurance wants to do is collect your money. When you have a question they want to direct you to the claims department. Claims department is already dealing with liability so they don't want to tell you anything.

I recently asked what is the value of having an "insurance man" when the man can never give you the advice or the answers to questions you might have. I was told that when you buy a TV and it no longer works you don't go back to the original salesman and expect them to handle it. I wasn't getting the correlation but I know in general what they meant.

Hittenstiehl
Old 10-16-2018, 07:37 PM   #965
diesel maniac

Airstream - Other
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
Next time I will make my insurance company open the claim, get the rental car through them and then they will work on my behalf
This is exactly what we did when we were rear ended by a tractor trailer in a dust storm on I-8. Our insurance took care of everything then went after the other guy's. We came out very well even though I did have to prove our vehicle was worth nearly 10K more than they tried to say it was as first...they use JD Power for valuations.

When it came to the personal injury part we dealt with the other guy's insurance and that worked out well once I convinced them to pay me enough that I wouldn't have to bring in an attorney. They gave me what I asked for and didn't try to dicker.

Jimmi I certainly hope the other driver was cited and they are not trying to screw you because you hit him in the rear.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #966
diesel maniac

Airstream - Other
Tucson , AZ
Fixed.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jimmi's truck.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	383.8 KB
ID:	325406  
Old 10-16-2018, 11:27 PM   #967
John the Basque

2016 30' International
Chaska , Minnesota
When you get it fixed or replaced look up fusion bumpers in Idaho. Would have saved your rig.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:04 AM   #968
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSNO60 View Post
This is exactly what we did when we were rear ended by a tractor trailer in a dust storm on I-8. Our insurance took care of everything then went after the other guy's. We came out very well even though I did have to prove our vehicle was worth nearly 10K more than they tried to say it was as first...they use JD Power for valuations.

When it came to the personal injury part we dealt with the other guy's insurance and that worked out well once I convinced them to pay me enough that I wouldn't have to bring in an attorney. They gave me what I asked for and didn't try to dicker.

Jimmi I certainly hope the other driver was cited and they are not trying to screw you because you hit him in the rear.
I was not hurt so NO lawyer are interested.
NO Drivers cited.Trooper should have cited them for failure to yield right of way coming off on ramp and unsafe lane change when they cut me off.Hit left rear corner of there PU when they where at 15 to 20 degree angle to me.
I questioned why no citation was issued through DPS Office and Trooper said "When citations are issued I have to base it on the evidence on scene,and both drivers statements.I was unable to determine who caused the collision based off of those facts."
This part still on going with AZ DPS since trooper also failed to take statement from my witness who was in car behind me. DPS only got it after I got it and sent it to them.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:07 AM   #969
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSNO60 View Post
Fixed.....

Thanks,nice, how did you do it?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:06 AM   #970
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmini View Post
On my way back to work in California on AZ I-10 mile post 52 when some
@$%# came down the on ramp from a rest area,came across #2 lane right into #1 lane cut me off an I hit them in LF rear corner of their pick up bed,they where at a 15/20 degree angle to me.They failed to yield right of way off an on ramp,Made unsafe lane change and pissed me off. I now have a BIG V in the middle of my TV.Took out radiator and all in front and behind it.Fenders still good
Photo right side up in file why not here, how do I turn it over here?
I was NOT towing trailer. Was going speed limit 75 MPH,Lucky had seat belt on since airbag failed to deploy.
My TV only has 114,624 miles on it. Insurance co thinks it is total but still looking at it since low mileage and I want it fixed since I can not find one online as good as it is. 2 wheel drive V-10 engine.
Sorry to hear of your accident, and I can really sympathize since I had a similar one last spring.

I was struck in the front and from the side, tearing the front clean off, and the Interstate was totaled primarily because the frame was bent, which yours may also be.

I carry AAA RV, which included tow and rental car coverage, but I upgraded after the accident to Premier RV because for very little more money they include one tow of up to 200 miles and the $1500 rental vehicle coverage.

My insurance is thru State Farm. There were a few bumps with both entities, but with perseverance on my part they both paid up and I was satisfied.

https://chicago.aaa.com/membership/p...aspx?zip=61761

If you edit your pictures down in size a bit, they should post correctly.

Good luck in resolving this, and getting yourself back on the road.

Maggie
Old 10-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #971
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
If that didn't activate the airbag, I wonder what it takes?
Old 10-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #972
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Sorry to hear of your accident, and I can really sympathize since I had a similar one last spring.

I was struck in the front and from the side, tearing the front clean off, and the Interstate was totaled primarily because the frame was bent, which yours may also be.

I carry AAA RV, which included tow and rental car coverage, but I upgraded after the accident to Premier RV because for very little more money they include one tow of up to 200 miles and the $1500 rental vehicle coverage.

My insurance is thru State Farm. There were a few bumps with both entities, but with perseverance on my part they both paid up and I was satisfied.

https://chicago.aaa.com/membership/p...aspx?zip=61761

If you edit your pictures down in size a bit, they should post correctly.

Good luck in resolving this, and getting yourself back on the road.

Maggie
We both have the same insurance co.
I have been looking at AAA our daughter has had it for years.
I did not read the fine print in the Good Sam that I had so it was a real let down when it turned out to be useless.
Here in the west some tows can be miles,well over what you have insurance or road side help for.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:40 AM   #973
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
[QUOTE=Mollysdad;2169134]If that didn't activate the airbag, I wonder what it takes?[/Q

YES you hit something at 80 MPH you would think it would go off.SEAT belt did work well. I have been trying to find out more but not much luck.GM has had problems with them but not so much Ford.There are a few post on the internet about Ford but not much.Since I was not hurt the attorneys are not interested in talking to me.
Few years ago a Ford PU hit a Elk where I was camp host, it hit so bad that it knocked the engine loss and airbag did not go off and that driver was hurt.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:10 AM   #974
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We have had AAA for 16+years, and it has never let us down, tho this was the first major accident.

You do need to read the fine print, as their vehicle rental insurance is only good for the first 72 hours after an incident, which they didn’t tell me when I called so paid the full allowance anyway, even tho I wasn’t within that timeframe.

Aside from the roadside assistance, that card will get you a lot of discounts and not just at campgrounds or other travel venues.

I needed a turbo hose replaced out west last year, and them being a AAA approved service provider took a couple of hundred dollars off my bill.

Good luck,

Maggie
Old 10-17-2018, 11:00 AM   #975
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Read the fine print

Just talk to AAA the premier plan for AZ gives you 1 free tow per year up to 200 miles to HERE YOU WANT IT TOWED.
Sure need that out in the West.
Reading the standard Good Sam plan, under Unlimited distance towing FINE print has,"Free towing TO THE NEAREST NETWORK SERVICE FACILITY,even if it's hundreds of miles away." Not to where you want it to go.This for towable RV & autos, motorized RV under different plan.
IF I am wrong PLEASE let me know.
Amazing what you learn AFTER the fact and when it's to late.Need to read the fine print not just the big print that makes a plan look good.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #976
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
One of the things I told AAA earlier this year, in my written case for reimbursement to the maximum allowable amount , was that we RV’ers are a large and growing group, who share information and talk to each other...making it in their best interest to do the right thing.

And, after reviewing recorded calls to confirm my story...they did.

Maggie
Old 10-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #977
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
One of the things I told AAA earlier this year, in my written case for reimbursement to the maximum allowable amount , was that we RV’ers are a large and growing group, who share information and talk to each other...making it in their best interest to do the right thing.

And, after reviewing recorded calls to confirm my story...they did.

Maggie
Yep need to stay tough with them.
Just had talk with them they are now going over and checking website that I used for comparisons values that I gave them.
Never know how much a fight it is till it happens to you.
It is giving me a pain where a pill cant reach and a doctor would not dare.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:44 PM   #978
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yep, just take a deep breath, and repeat after me...this is a test, which I will pass.

Maggie
Old 10-17-2018, 05:33 PM   #979
diesel maniac

Airstream - Other
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmini View Post
Thanks,nice, how did you do it?
Just take a screenshot (I used Windows Snipping Tool) and save it to your pictures, then open it, rotate it and save it. easy peasy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	325505  
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #980
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
wreck insurance

I hate to keep up this posting on here,But it might help some other unfortunate person that has a wreck.
Since my SUV is a total loss per the insurance co, the settlement offer from State Farm is relay low.They used 3 very low $$ comparisons to come to the amount they offered.Some of the ones they used where not even equipped the same as my SUV, ALL had way more miles.
I gave them 8 comparisons ALL equipped the same as mine, all but one had more miles than mine.There is a $2000+ difference between what they offered and what I think is fair.
I filed a claim with Commonwealth Casualty CO the other parties insurance CO and all I have got from them in the last 10 days is a claim number.
State Farm insurance CO has been talking to Commonwealth about the claim, is that not COLLUSION?(Hate to use that word)
So it looks like I will have two to fight now,BUT the fight goes on.