Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #541
4 Rivet Member
 
DIR1's Avatar
 
1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 449
Hi Bob, LeeLee, Dusty!!! just found your thread a couple of weeks ago!!! and of coarse, started at the begining until I realized it was from '09... opps... then moved to the end and am working backwards... can get very confusing doing that!!!!

Wanted to thank you guys for sharing all of this... I really need to learn how to post piccys.. maybe you can show me at Jackson!!! I know you explained it to me once, but I may be too dense... need hands on training... And, yes, a slide show sounds great!!! see you guys there...keep having fun and sharing with us all!!! byebye, gail
DIR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #542
Rivet Master
 
FreshAir's Avatar

 
1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,328
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR1 View Post
Hi Bob, LeeLee, Dusty!!! just found your thread a couple of weeks ago!!! and of coarse, started at the begining until I realized it was from '09... opps... then moved to the end and am working backwards... can get very confusing doing that!!!!

Wanted to thank you guys for sharing all of this... I really need to learn how to post piccys.. maybe you can show me at Jackson!!! I know you explained it to me once, but I may be too dense... need hands on training... And, yes, a slide show sounds great!!! see you guys there...keep having fun and sharing with us all!!! byebye, gail
Slide show for Gail. I guess she doesn't drink.
Neil
__________________
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Avatar;
Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #543
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Day 42.

Hi, today we left Sand Point, Idaho and we made it to Gig Harbor, Washington. Things were going pretty smooth until we got to where the North 5 and the South 5 split. The traffic was backed up because the North and South Lanes were shared. People going North had to take a detour and the people going South should have smooth sailing, WRONG!!!! We were stuck for what seemed like hours and finally got to going at a normal speed after we passed a truck that was severely burned. Needless to say we arrived at Gig Harbor at O: dark 30. We had to do a night drop and couldn't get a WIFI code until 9:00 AM. This morning I got on line, but the signal was too weak to post very much. A few years ago while staying at Gig Harbor, I met this nice lady named Jane; Jane is a full timer and lives in an Argosy. Well last night, I walked the camp ground and she was still there. We had quite a nice long talk.

(1.) Wal-Mart in Coeur-D'- Alene, Idaho. Stopped there for supplies.

(2.) I like wind generators and this one was one of many that were very close to a rest stop. The rest stop was at the top of a long up hill pull, so Bob, Lee Lee, Dusty, and the Lincoln needed a break.

(3.) Space #14 at Gig Harbor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5427-25.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	137449   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5428-25.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	137450  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5431-25.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	137451  
__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #544
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Day 43.

Hi, today we left Gig Harbor, Washington and made a few stops in Sequim, Washington. The first stop was for gas and this place was the cleanest and most beautiful gas station in the world. I wish we had taken pictures of it, but we didn't. Next we went to Costco and from there we went through Port Angeles, Washington. I saw a sign on the road and made a quick "U" turn because the sign said it would take us to the farthest point North/West of the lower 48 States. We made it to where we thought it was, but wasn't sure. I asked a local and he told me that we missed the point by about eight miles. We are sure glad that we turned around again and drove to this point. There you have to walk on a path for about a half mile for a fantastic view of this point in Cape Flattery. We took many pictures and I will post few for you to see.

(1.) A view of the camp ground where we are staying tonight.

(2.) This is a view taken from the farthest point of the walking path of the North/West point in Washington.

(3.) Another view from the same place as above.

(4.) This was a very unique looking tree on the path to the point. I think it looks like a candelabra.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5446-25.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	137452   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5467-25.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	137453  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5484-25.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	137454   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5495-25.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	137455  

__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:33 AM   #545
Rivet Master
 
Smartstream's Avatar

 
1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, today we left Gig Harbor, Washington and made a few stops in Sequim, Washington. The first stop was for gas and this place was the cleanest and most beautiful gas station in the world. I wish we had taken pictures of it, but we didn't. Next we went to Costco and from there we went through Port Angeles, Washington. I saw a sign on the road and made a quick "U" turn because the sign said it would take us to the farthest point North/West of the lower 48 States. We made it to where we thought it was, but wasn't sure. I asked a local and he told me that we missed the point by about eight miles. We are sure glad that we turned around again and drove to this point. There you have to walk on a path for about a half mile for a fantastic view of this point in Cape Flattery. We took many pictures and I will post few for you to see.

(1.) A view of the camp ground where we are staying tonight.

(2.) This is a view taken from the farthest point of the walking path of the North/West point in Washington.

(3.) Another view from the same place as above.

(4.) This was a very unique looking tree on the path to the point. I think it looks like a candelabra.
Bob you know you drove within 1/2 mile of our house mid-way between Sequim and Port Angeles. I wish we could have been there to greet you but we are about 3000 miles away. Glad you enjoyed the gas station, which one was it? Is that campground at Sekiu or Klalaloch? A beautiful spot.

Our official family reunion is today so we will soon be back on the road. So far it has been dinners every night and lots of visiting and swapping stories with family not seen for years. It should quiet down tomorrow an we can get back to a more relaxed pace.

Have a safe trip home, Dan
Smartstream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #546
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartstream View Post
Bob you know you drove within 1/2 mile of our house mid-way between Sequim and Port Angeles. I wish we could have been there to greet you but we are about 3000 miles away. Glad you enjoyed the gas station, which one was it? Is that campground at Sekiu or Klalaloch? A beautiful spot.

Our official family reunion is today so we will soon be back on the road. So far it has been dinners every night and lots of visiting and swapping stories with family not seen for years. It should quiet down tomorrow an we can get back to a more relaxed pace.

Have a safe trip home, Dan
Hi, Dan. Hope your family reunion was great. Tried to post this morning, but WIFI was to weak to post anything. Yes, We did stay at the Sekiu camp ground. The gas station was a Chevron station and it was the first one in Sequim coming from the east.

(1.) This was the only picture that we got of the gas station.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5432-25.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	137503  
__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #547
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Day 44.

Hi, this morning we left Sekiu, Washington. On the way South we detoured to see part of the Rain Forest in Olympic National Park. Farther south we stopped for lunch at a beach side rest area. We thought it would be great to stay at or near Astoria, Oregon for a few days, but all of the campgrounds are full. Seems that there is a Sail Boat Race and it's the 125th anniversary's of this race, so all of the RV parks are packed solid. We were very lucky to find a dry camping spot, for tonight only, at Circle Creek RV Park in Seaside, Oregon. Our random trip camping almost didn't work today, but here we are again, and even have decent WIFI. Crossing the bridge from Washington into Oregon is about four miles long; This is quite a bridge.

(1.) Trees in Rain Forest.

(2.) Bridge to Oregon.

(3.) Dusty in his newest riding position, on the consul.

(4.) Electronic flagman at another detour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3462-25.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	137504   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3471-25.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	137505  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5510crop.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	137506   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5521crop.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	352.6 KB
ID:	137507  

__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #548
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnegie1935 View Post
of course we would like a slide show simular to what Lili does on her trips. Always enjoy seeing pictures of folks travel and trailers.. makes us feel like friends to share your good times that we cant go see. Kay
Hi, Kay. I don't know how to make slide shows like Lili has done, but maybe I will learn how.
__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #549
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR1 View Post
Hi Bob, LeeLee, Dusty!!! just found your thread a couple of weeks ago!!! and of coarse, started at the begining until I realized it was from '09... opps... then moved to the end and am working backwards... can get very confusing doing that!!!!

Wanted to thank you guys for sharing all of this... I really need to learn how to post piccys.. maybe you can show me at Jackson!!! I know you explained it to me once, but I may be too dense... need hands on training... And, yes, a slide show sounds great!!! see you guys there...keep having fun and sharing with us all!!! byebye, gail
Hi, Gail. I'm glad that you like our random trip thread; And I will show you how I post pictures at Jackson Rancheria. It took me a while to learn how to do them too. Love to see some of your piccys too.
__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #550
Lili Lettice Leatherby
 
TinCrumpet's Avatar
 
1982 28' Airstream 280
MIDDLE ENGLAND , The Cottage
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 48
(2.) I like wind generators [/QUOTE]

Hi You Two .. I mean Three including the Furry one ..and by that I mean Dusty

oh..didnt mean to hurt Dustys feelings [do all of the US say feelers or is it just you ?..I like feelers best]

I like Wind Turbines too [we call them turbines]
They say..Noise and vibration coming from large turbines are behind an increase in panic attacks..well theres not one within a 10 mile radios of
where I live and I have them anyway..I shoudl stay on the road if I were
you and you could go straight to Casini in April

Found this ickle thing pining and shaking oustide the shops waiting for its mummy or daddy..one scoop of the hand and I could have had him
he's nearly as cute as Dusty..I like the candelabra tree I thought of Liberace when I saw it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0033a.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	137514  
TinCrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #551
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCrumpet View Post
(2.) I like wind generators
Hi You Two .. I mean Three including the Furry one ..and by that I mean Dusty

oh..didnt mean to hurt Dusty's feelings [do all of the US say feelers or is it just you ?..I like feelers best]

I like Wind Turbines too [we call them turbines]
They say..Noise and vibration coming from large turbines are behind an increase in panic attacks..well theres not one within a 10 mile radios of
where I live and I have them anyway..I should stay on the road if I were
you and you could go straight to Casini in April

Found this ickle thing pining and shaking outside the shops waiting for its mummy or daddy..one scoop of the hand and I could have had him
he's nearly as cute as Dusty..I like the candelabra tree I thought of Liberace when I saw it[/QUOTE]

Hi. Lili. You didn't, and wouldn't hurt Dusty's feelers. ["feelers" is a Bob expression] I have heard that the wind generators or turbines [both correct] make too much noise, but even as close as we were, I didn't hear a thing. I didn't feel any vibrations either. Two scoops of the hand and a broken back if you try to lift Dusty. That would be a very long drive for us to drive until Casini, but Jackson Rancheria isn't that far off.
__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #552
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Day 45.

Hi, this morning we hit the road again, seeking new adventures and we had some success. We stopped at a road side pull-out and Lee Lee picked a small basket of Wild Blackberries. Imagine that, free berries, just for the picking! We also passed through a town named Tillamook and almost didn't stop. We stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory; There you can have several free samples of cheese and ice cream. We sampled all of the cheeses and a few of the ice creams. Sample ice creams are too small so we each bought an ice cream cone. As mentioned before, I usually miss the factory action, but today we saw it all. Would you believe that while we were there, some one from Oregon was also there towing a 25' Airstream with a Lincoln Navigator. We drove all along the Pacific Coast in the past few days; Now we can say that we have seen the entire West Coast. Today we went inland towards Eugene, Oregon and our resting stop is at Premier RV Resort.

(1.) Tillamook cheese factory in Tillamook, Oregon.

(2.) Inside of cheese factory.

(3.) Wild Blackberries. [free]

(4.) Where we parked to pick the Blackberries.

(5.) (6.) Lincoln Navigator with 25' Airstream, also at the cheese factory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3475crop.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	137707   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5527-25.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	137708  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5539-25.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	137709   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5540-25.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	137710  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5537crop-25.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	137712   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5538crop-25.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	137713  

__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #553
Rivet Master
 
FreshAir's Avatar

 
1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,328
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, this morning we hit the road again, seeking new adventures and we had some success. We stopped at a road side pull-out and Lee Lee picked a small basket of Wild Blackberries. Imagine that, free berries, just for the picking! We also passed through a town named Tillamook and almost didn't stop. We stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory; There you can have several free samples of cheese and ice cream. We sampled all of the cheeses and a few of the ice creams. Sample ice creams are too small so we each bought an ice cream cone. As mentioned before, I usually miss the factory action, but today we saw it all. Would you believe that while we were there, some one from Oregon was also there towing a 25' Airstream with a Lincoln Navigator. We drove all along the Pacific Coast in the past few days; Now we can say that we have seen the entire West Coast. Today we went inland towards Eugene, Oregon and our resting stop is at Premier RV Resort.

(1.) Tillamook cheese factory in Tillamook, Oregon.

(2.) Inside of cheese factory.

(3.) Wild Blackberries. [free]

(4.) Where we parked to pick the Blackberries.

(5.) (6.) Lincoln Navigator with 25' Airstream, also at the cheese factory.
Ya better eat them berries before you hit the Ag check stop in Ca.
Neil.
__________________
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Avatar;
Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #554
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
Ya better eat them berries before you hit the Ag check stop in Ca.
Neil.
Hi, Neil. Lee didn't get too many and I'm sure they will all be gone by tomorrow. Knowing Lee, she will probably pick some more. We have been very lucky with border crossings.
__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #555
Rivet Master
 
Smartstream's Avatar

 
1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, Neil. Lee didn't get too many and I'm sure they will all be gone by tomorrow. Knowing Lee, she will probably pick some more. We have been very lucky with border crossings.
H[ Bob, take all the blackberries you want and take the bushes too. They take over everything and you can't get rid of them. They are however great for cobbler and ice cream.
I'm glad you found the cheese factory. Their ice cream is the best. Another interesting stop is the blimp hanger just south of Tillamook. A really fascinating structure. I have a picture of a hot air balloon event there some years ago. It shows 27 balloons inflated and floating inside the hanger.
Another must stop is the "vegetable lady" at the roadside stand several miles south of town, a truly unique experience.

Sorry I'm late with the suggestions but you travel faster than I can remember these places.

Cheers, Dan
Smartstream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #556
4 Rivet Member
 
DIR1's Avatar
 
1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 449
Hi guys!!! we live in Astoria now...you could have "dry camped" at our curb!!!! that would have been great fun!!!! the town was totally overrun this weekend from the Regatta event...

and my little cottage is just north of Tillamook by 6 miles.... Yes, I'm with Dan, please take the berries... Oh!!! and they also make great cordials??? is that spelled right??? anyway, a nice sweet after dinner drink... we make it almost every year... and the jelly...yummm... I'll bring you a jar to JR... too bad all this information is a few days too late... Ok, Keep having fun there!!! lovin' this thread... byebye, gail
DIR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #557
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartstream View Post
H[ Bob, take all the blackberries you want and take the bushes too. They take over everything and you can't get rid of them. They are however great for cobbler and ice cream.
I'm glad you found the cheese factory. Their ice cream is the best. Another interesting stop is the blimp hanger just south of Tillamook. A really fascinating structure. I have a picture of a hot air balloon event there some years ago. It shows 27 balloons inflated and floating inside the hanger.
Another must stop is the "vegetable lady" at the roadside stand several miles south of town, a truly unique experience.

Sorry I'm late with the suggestions but you travel faster than I can remember these places.

Cheers, Dan
Hi, yes Dan we move pretty quickly and won't be able to see everything, but try to find something new everyday.
__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #558
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR1 View Post
Hi guys!!! we live in Astoria now...you could have "dry camped" at our curb!!!! that would have been great fun!!!! the town was totally overrun this weekend from the Regatta event...

and my little cottage is just north of Tillamook by 6 miles.... Yes, I'm with Dan, please take the berries... Oh!!! and they also make great cordials??? is that spelled right??? anyway, a nice sweet after dinner drink... we make it almost every year... and the jelly...yummm... I'll bring you a jar to JR... too bad all this information is a few days too late... Ok, Keep having fun there!!! lovin' this thread... byebye, gail
Hi, Gail. That would have been great to stop at your cottage. We almost didn't find a place because of the Regatta. Seems as though whenever we get close to another forum member, we don't have any WIFI, in advance to make that meet.
__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #559
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
Day 46.

Hi, This morning, I traded my Lincoln in for a more efficient tow vehicle. This Focus is slow, but great on gas. Actually my Lincoln developed a radiator leak and had to go to the local Ford dealer to be fixed. My front brakes got very thin and my rotors were already at minimum, so I will get new front brakes too. My shifter was getting sloppy, so the Ford dealer is working on that too. Got a call from the Ford dealer and they are waiting for some parts, so we are stuck here until I get my Lincoln back. The shifter linkage has vibrated loose on this trip. I will extend our stay here until we have a tow vehicle. This is a nice place and only a few blocks away from the Marathon Motorhome factory, so we took the tour today. Also we paid a visit to George Sutton RV, where our Safari was purchased, new. The Marathon factory is down to ten units per year and virtually vacant of workers. I would help them out, but they a just a tiny bit out of my price range. Dusty was couped up all day, so we went for a very long walk through the entire camp ground; Now he is sleeping again.

(1.) New tow vehicle. [rental car]

(2.) Marathon Coach factory.

(3.) Marathon electrical dept.

(4.) Volvo Diesel engine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5541-25.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	137792   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5574-25.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	137793  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5555-25.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	137794   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5542-25.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	137795  

__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #560
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,145
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 55
More pictures from today.

Hi, a few more pictures.


(1.) Jeff Gordon's [#24 Nascar] old motorhome, now for sale.

(2.) Outside television.

(3.) George Sutton's office. [Eugene, Oregon Airstream dealer]

(4.) Ford tractor at camp ground. [maybe I'll use this to tow my Safari home]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5557-25.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	137796   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5575-25.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	137797  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5577-25.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	137798   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5581-25.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	137799  

__________________
Bob 2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent" Small Silver Castle
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How dusty is your vintage trailer? Stefrobrts General Interior Topics 32 11-17-2004 08:42 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.