Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2021, 09:16 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
At that price and restrictions it’s not going on any of my lists...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:16 AM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Williamsburg , Virginia
I grew up in Key West, and hadn't been back in sometime. We took our FC27 to Blue Water Key last July...what a great experience. Great people, lots of privacy, and a beautiful space. There were three other AS in the park while we were there (dwarfed by the Tiffens!). Pricey, but we don't do that sort of thing often. Highly recommended!
AgBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:43 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

1991 32' Excella
1999 25' Safari
High Ridge , Missouri
I don't know if this helps, but we just returned from the keys with our 25 footer, we stayed at Jolly Rodgers RV park. The sites were large, for the Keys, and we were very close to the waterfront. On a side note the dogs loved the grass all around the park.
Blomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:12 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blomb View Post
I don't know if this helps, but we just returned from the keys with our 25 footer, we stayed at Jolly Rodgers RV park. The sites were large, for the Keys, and we were very close to the waterfront. On a side note the dogs loved the grass all around the park.

Glad to hear that you liked Jolly Rogers. I would like to take Brenda and our two beagles there next year as she has never been to Key West.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:33 AM   #45
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corelni View Post
Has anybody stayed at the Blue Water Key RV Resort in Key West with a 25 before? The technical rules on the website are nothing shorter then 24 feet, not including hitch or bumper. Apparently they feel that rigs under this length tend not to have self contained bathrooms and kitchens, which is obviously not a problem. I think this rule would but us a foot short. That said they are the only availability during the dates we are looking at and I have seen several Campendium reviews that listed the rig they stayed at Blue Water Key in as a 25 ft Airstream. I was wondering if anybody had experience with the resort and if they got measured or turned away?
Corelni,
I just wanted to thank you for starting this thread. We never would have seen or heard of Blue Water Key if you hadn’t. We are in for next March. Site on the canal. Hoping to switch to February if something opens up.
This is way out of character for us. I’m used to spending a bit less on sites. More like $15 to $20 a night. Hey you only live once, right?
Thanks again!

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:26 AM   #46
1 Rivet Member

2017 19' Flying Cloud
2019 25' Flying Cloud
Louisville , Colorado
We just got back from our trip to Blue Water Key and it was gorgeous. Such a unique campsite experience to be right on the water with your own tiki hut, definitely recommend trying it.

They didn't question us about our length once. We were 1 of 8 Airstreams in the park, so I would say it was very Airstream friendly.

Thanks for all the advice and personal experiences!!
Corelni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:30 AM   #47
1 Rivet Member

2017 19' Flying Cloud
2019 25' Flying Cloud
Louisville , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
Corelni,
I just wanted to thank you for starting this thread. We never would have seen or heard of Blue Water Key if you hadn’t. We are in for next March. Site on the canal. Hoping to switch to February if something opens up.
This is way out of character for us. I’m used to spending a bit less on sites. More like $15 to $20 a night. Hey you only live once, right?
Thanks again!

I think you're going to love it!

It's about a 25 minute drive into Key West. Highly recommend renting a boat or jet ski if you get the opportunity. We rented a boat from Backcountry boat rentals, which is only 5 minutes from the Rv Resort and it was amazing to swim & snorkel on the sand bars in that area.
Corelni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:38 AM   #48
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corelni View Post
I think you're going to love it!

It's about a 25 minute drive into Key West. Highly recommend renting a boat or jet ski if you get the opportunity. We rented a boat from Backcountry boat rentals, which is only 5 minutes from the Rv Resort and it was amazing to swim & snorkel on the sand bars in that area.
Expect a PM shortly. We will be looking for things to do. The site we reserved is at the end of the canal.. So, I’m guessing it’s one of the least desirable sites. However, I’m pretty sure there are no “undesirable” sites there. We are signed up for 10 days, so we have time to see a lot. We’ve never been to the Keys before, and aren’t really sure what to expect, but we do like beach time and the water. We do love to snorkel, and I’m hoping we can kayak to some decent spots. (We are taking the kayak and bikes)
This is a really big departure from our usual camping style.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote