Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2019, 04:49 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Hi Jeff & Margaret!
Welcome to the Airstream lifestyle! We've been using AllStays RV app since we purchased our Airstream 20' Flying Cloud in 2014. We primarily travel without advance reservations (except Nat. Parks during high season) and hands down the AllLStays app is awesome. The best part of AllStays is that it is literally a massive directory in the palm of your hand as most of the info can be accessed without WiFi or cellular service which really comes in handy as you begin to travel throughout North America ( including Canada). Keep in mind as you use the AllStays filter looking for campgrounds in locations that some states have extensive state parks and others might have many more county parks than state parks; some have very few Army Corp. of Engineers while others might have a great number of options; and don't forget free options like quick overnights at Walmarts, Cracker Barrels, Cabales and even free county parks like in Nebraska that have free sites for up to three nights with water & electric! As others have communicated, Campendium is great for BLM, State & private campgrounds with RV user reviews which are very comprehensive and include info on wifi, cellular, etc.
Although we utilize our VW Touareg navigation for the majority of our travel, we always carry state maps and Atlas for those those rare occasions when our nav lady has no idea where we are....ask me how I know! Congratulations on your Airstream and maybe we'll see you on the road someday!
FCloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
1954 15' Byam Holiday
Vintage Kin Owner
Linden , Michigan
Hands Down

Hands Down "Allstays"

But, if you are traveling on expressways and want to know what is ahead of you on each exit:

iExit - This App is great for gas stations and places to eat while in transit.

Regards,
StevieB
WBCCI #1095
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:26 PM   #23
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
All Stays was reported missing due to a cost of service registration conflict with respect to the APP. At least that was how I read the explaination. Call All Stays directly or access on the web

https://www.allstays.com/
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:31 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Columbus , Indiana
We use the RVParky smartphone app and like it.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Seminole , Florida
RV Trip Wizard. It is cloud based. Saves your past trips. Continuously updates campgrounds and connects to the campsite website and reviews. And importantly, lets you know of any too low bridges near your route. We use it exclusively full timing.
GandW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
I use Allstays which is very thorough. But you have to be careful. I’ve had a situation where they were wrong. I reported it and they fixed the location of a campground. So I have ParkAdvisor as a check (not as thorough). I found it had a few campgrounds that were not on Allstays. So I would probably use a few at least.

But they are clearly helpful in planning trips.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:02 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
Centre County , Pennsylvania
We prefer staying at federal, state, and municipal parks. Ultimate Campgrounds is a wonderful app for those of like mind. We also like Allstays, but Ultimate is our go-to.
Lineolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:22 AM   #28

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokitman View Post
Can't find Allstays in Google Play app store. Where'd it go?
Allstays is only available for apple stuff.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:14 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
Allstays is only available for apple stuff.

Brian
Thanks, Brian. I did eventually find this on the Allstays website:

"Android

Multiple things happened (map fee increase, a app ban/removal and censor of core data) that led to a departure from Android in late 2017. Full data is still on Apple and allstays.com as normal. The Android apps will keep running and anything that goes to the web (website links, images, reviews, etc) will still work and be updated. But major code updates, data adds and deletions will not happen."*
Rokitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:45 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Lewes , Delaware
Congratulations on your new Airstream purchase I know as I do you will love it. I personally use Passport America for my camping destinations it saves me 50% on camping and a great many campgrounds. In my opinion there phone app is tremendous as far as targeting campgrounds in different states and there's many thousands of them available. Oh yes let me add the service is $50 a year but the camping is half price stay two nights anywhere and it pays for the $50 membership for the year. Good luck and happy camping
sandshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2012 22' FB Sport
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraW View Post
Rvtripwizard.com! We love this site and use it exclusively.
You can filter the kind of campgrounds you want to see, set your driving preference by hours or mileage and it shows you a radius from your last stop, can quickly rearrange stops, track costs, easy to make reservations or research campgrounds from site, shows hazards (like bridge clearance) for your rig, etc.
RVTripwizard.com is not free but is the best in every way. Includes Altitudes of campgrounds (most important for staying cool in summer). Has every feature that any free App offers plus ability to share trip details with friends so you can meet up effortlessly. Tracks costs, includes rest stops, cosiders rig size, gas milage, and is the most up to date of any planning tool. Get rvtripwizard.com and be happy.
PaulG_4307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #32
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Richardson , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafeair View Post
We purchased our first Airstream and would like your recommendations for the best RV APP for finding campgrounds as we travel.
Thanks!
Jeff and Margaret
https://www.campendium.com/

REALLY great app for all types of camping and boondocking.

Cheers!
Mike
photomike72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2019 20' Flying Cloud
West Windsor , Vermont
I like Campendium and also use RV Trip Wizard.
harriganp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:25 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

Centennial , Colorado
I'll add in Harvest Hosts website as a way to find fun, free overnight stays. You get to use the parking lots or other open space at a vineyard or farm, and I guess they've added golf courses this year, for the "price" of sampling some of their wares, and presumably making a purchase. Maybe a little off the beaten path, but, hey, isn't that what Airstreaming is about? It does require a membership to join ($79/ year), but one or two nights in a campground, and it's a breakeven.
daytripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Gold Canyon , Arizona
No best single app

We use primarily 2 apps. RvParky is great easy to use and free. Good Sam has a great trip planner though it is not as intuitive. As others have said allstays is good but is designed for use on apple products. It is also browser based which makes it a bit clunky on smartphones.
ewhitney45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:15 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
2004 30' Classic
1972 Argosy 22
Meridian , Idaho

We've been using RVParkreviews for many years. They recently changed their name to campgroundreviews. Same site. Alternatives are rvparky and yelp. All are free apps for either Apple or Android. We also check with Militarycampgrounds for military installations on our route.
When I checked AllAtays is now $20-30 dollars a year. Not $10.
cbburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:30 AM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2019 20' Flying Cloud
West Windsor , Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbburke View Post
We've been using RVParkreviews for many years. They recently changed their name to campgroundreviews. Same site. Alternatives are rvparky and yelp. All are free apps for either Apple or Android. We also check with Militarycampgrounds for military installations on our route.
When I checked AllAtays is now $20-30 dollars a year. Not $10.

Love RV Trip Wizard and use it as our primary trip planning tool. Unfortunately we find ourselves often in spots that make using it impossible and then I go to the apps on my phone. So I guess some of this answer is that you need to assess your internet and cell availability and need some flexibility when on the road. If you plan everything out before you leave your needs will be different than those who just wing it as they go. We are seniors and our understanding of all this connectivity while traveling issue is less than it should be!
harriganp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:16 PM   #38
1 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
White Bear Lake , Minnesota
If you are military or retired military, Allstays has a RV Military app also.
Photo Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:42 AM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2012 22' FB Sport
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo Dog View Post
If you are military or retired military, Allstays has a RV Military app also.
We like to use the free Military Airstreams that can fly us to any country in a transport plane. Airforce provides free ground transportation on arrival. Great for France, Italy, Germany, Hawaii, and Japan. Always feel secure in the Airstream at the Airport. Great way to visit friends overseas. Click image for larger version

Name:	pict9.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	333653Click image for larger version

Name:	pict11.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	333654
PaulG_4307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:36 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic