Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2022, 12:17 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinDux View Post
edit of above;

Just to add, Mom's in Graton, CA (Sonoma County) and Eugene OR but all over the west apparently.
That's my 'hood. Anywhere in Sonoma has amazing baked goods, but this place is legendary.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 02:56 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

Post #15:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinDux View Post
. . .
. . . Kinda partial to the bacon maple bar . . .
. . .
Looks good!

https://3mmqa316iwx43pzbg62umd8s-wpe...de-400x400.jpg

Thanks Bob,

Peter
Por Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 08:51 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Huntsville , Alabama
Donut Friar downtown Gatlinburg, Tn.
Streamracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 10:00 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Anchorage , Alaska
As far as donuts, Bluestar in Portland beats Voodoo in my book.
Wild Flour Bread in Freestone, CA (west of Santa Rosa out toward Bodega Bay) is excellent if you appreciate a good loaf of sourdough.
In Anchorage we have Fire Island Rustic Bake Shop which does good sourdough bread, but their scones are by far the best scones I’ve had anywhere. Their chocolate croissants are excellent too.
AKNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:40 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKNate View Post
As far as donuts, Bluestar in Portland beats Voodoo in my book.
Wild Flour Bread in Freestone, CA (west of Santa Rosa out toward Bodega Bay) is excellent if you appreciate a good loaf of sourdough.
In Anchorage we have Fire Island Rustic Bake Shop which does good sourdough bread, but their scones are by far the best scones I’ve had anywhere. Their chocolate croissants are excellent too.
I second this, but be aware that parking can be tight and they sell out early. They use only natural fermentation and every loaf is formed by hand.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 11:14 AM   #26
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Speaking of Pie...

We like all sorts of sweet stuff - but we go out of our way for pie. Any one of the following is worth a side trip. Heck, if you have an Airstream... drive across the county eating pie!

I know Ray asked for address and phone number but I'll post the city, state and web site and let you do the rest.

Baked Pie Company - two locations near Asheville, NC. They offer a "flight" of pie - choose any three from the daily offerings. After experiencing a flight of pie here we've made it a habit to make our own flights at other establishments.

https://www.bakedpiecompany.com/

Koffee Kup Family Restaurant - Hico, TX. Years ago this establishment had a slightly different name but times have changed and I guess business names do to. This was the first place (back in the 1980's) where I had a piece of pie that was worth going out of the way for. Makes me want to get down the road to Hico.

http://www.koffeekupfamilyrestaurant.com/

Neimerg's Steakhouse - Effingham, IL. Don't let the name fool you, these folks know how to make pie and lots of them. Mmmm Good! We made our own flight here and ate the pie before our meal. The customer at an adjacent table leaned over and said "I like how you roll!" We all got a good laugh and swapped stories about pie and dessert in general.

http://niemergssteakhouse.com/

Floozies Pie Shop - Louisa, VA. Great breakfast too. If you like stone ground grits, they have some of the best! But talk about pie - oh my goodness - it's fabulous!

https://www.flooziespieshop.com/
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 09:14 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eugene , OR
BECKIE's Café in Union Creek, Oregon, best pies in the West. For decades. Get the huckleberry pie if it's in season, eat anything at all after that, and buy at least one pie for the road.

Right across the road from a wonderful lodge and cabins.
KellyAndersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 09:26 AM   #28

2014 30' International
Austin , TX
Round Rock doughnuts
Round Rock Texas. Amazing tasty and divine.

roundrockdonuts.com
Phone: (512) 255-3629
moll780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 09:57 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hamilton , Montana
Long beach Washington .Cottage bakery makes something called Sailor Jacks are a unique individual spice and raisin cake with a clear glaze over the top
montana brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:00 AM   #30
Tis Grand

2018 27' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Grand Marais , Minnesota
MN donuts & AZ croissants

World’s Best Donuts in Grand Marais Minnesota. A short walk to a bench on Lake Superior to enjoy them with a view while they are still warm.

And for those who seek good croissants, The Boyer Bakery in Surprise, AZ was worth the wait in line.
Tis Grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:09 AM   #31
Susan McGee

2021 23' International
Stuart , Florida
Best Donuts in North Florida

Swillerbee's in Flagler Beach! Outstanding taste and a huge variety. They even have healthy options, not donuts, if you so desire! 1 block off Rt 100 on 2nd Street North.
Susan McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:27 AM   #32
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Orlando , Florida
Texas Coast Donuts - Apple Fritters in Rockport/Fulton

Rockport Bakery on Hwy 35 in Rockport one of the best Apple Fritters. And it is not just the size, but the crispness on the outside and the slightly gooey inside. They are not overly sweet so you can taste the apple.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...8417066504187/
Corsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:30 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Oak Creek , Colorado
The Blue Heron in Cadillac, Michigan.
the donuts are not great but the Sourdough bread they make is outstanding! especially the olive/Asiago.
Dingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:40 AM   #34
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
When you absolutely, positively have to satisfy that coffee and pastry fix…
Diane’s Bakery & Deli, Silver City, New Mexico…
http://www.dianesrestaurant.com/bakery
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 11:16 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
When you absolutely, positively have to satisfy that coffee and pastry fix…
Diane’s Bakery & Deli, Silver City, New Mexico…
http://www.dianesrestaurant.com/bakery
We will look for that place next time in town. Not an easy place to drive through with the roads being paved over wagon ruts. Will catch it next time.

Then stop at the viewing area for the open pit mine. Wow... and finish off the doughnuts.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:29 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Krispy Kreme- Noland Road/I-70 Independence, MO

Some years ago we were given a coupon for 12 Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Noland Road crosses I-70 and Krispy Kreme WAS on the NE corner. Could not miss it.

Stopped and as A W Warn Post #18 said... "they make them as you watch".

They start out the size of the pit of a peach glob with a hole... and float on hot oil.

As they float, each gets flipped over they become full sized doughnuts with an original hole. The final step is the glaze and into a carton.

It was worth watching all of this. We were heading back to Denver, Colorado... so the Dozen doughnuts would last. They did not last...

By the time we got to Lawrence, Kansas we had an empty carton. Big RAT in the vehicle, I figure.

I rechecked this Krispy Kreme location on the 'Airforum Doughnut Internet Search'... and it is .... Out of Business.

What???? Maybe if they also sold Doughnut Holes, but since theirs were made with the hole at the beginning.... Imagine selling a dozen doughnut holes and the customer gets an empty sack.

With or without a 'whole' coupon. (Get it? If not, leave serious doughnut people alone.)

You have to have the Doughnut HoleNuts... for the kids. Keeps them busy and quiet
Old 03-16-2022, 11:47 AM   #37

Ruckersville , Virginia
Just fantastic

Donut Diva
203 E Fincastle Turnpike
Tazewell, VA 24651
(276) 245-5987
pshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 04:07 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Scones... not the UK type... the UTAH Scone & Watermelon Heaven

***** Salina, Utah (Not Salina, Kansas. OK?)

Mom's Cafe right in the center of Salina, Utah. The waitresses take your food order and make a Scone for you, if ordered. Fresh. If they like you... a large scone. If they think you are a Neanderthal... a larger scone!

Mom had a desk in the middle of the Cafe and would be adding up Tickets and logging them down in her account book. She was a young 80+ at the time.

Mom's Cafe was missing Mom and her desk some years ago. She was very nice. We will all miss her.

****** Salina, Utah
Denny's and three Service Stations opened on the west side of town, just off of I-70 and the DDCBFS... Denny's Double Cheeseburger and Fries and a Soda NO Ice took care of my Boondocking appetite. Good for 20 hours... or less.

No doughnuts... and they serve only Health Food?

****** Green River, Utah
If you want Watermelon and Cant's... along the Green River in Utah... Green River, Utah. Healthier but avoid eating while driving. The Watermelon is 20 pounds or so and will block your vision.

What color do you think the Green River might be? Just checking if you were actually there, or not.

***** Part 2, maybe Part 3, I lose count when typing

The first time we were at Green River, Utah... we knew what Watermelons looked like... but never saw CANTS. Cants. what? Maybe misspelled CATS? So we asked. Ohhhh...

Since we are YaHoos, what do you think a CANT might or can't be? Have you stopped for fuel there? Or CANT you remember?

I will have to mark all of these Bakeries on our Atlases. Sour Dough Bread is getting harder to find, as well.
Old 03-17-2022, 05:53 AM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Flying Cloud
Monterey , California
WA, Seattle, Morsel, 98106, Menu: places.singleplatform.com
Phone: (206) 268-0154; Best breakfast buttermilk biscuits and biscuit sandwiches.

MA, Cambridge, Bagelsaurus, Menu: toasttab.com
Phone: (857) 285-6103; Best bagels in the US, uses sourdough starter, better order ahead, these are in high demand.
RosenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 05:54 AM   #40
4 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Huntsville , Alabama
Ray, here in the SE we have Krispy Kreme shops in most towns and like you say they just don't last long when they are hot. They have an app for your phone that tells when they are cooking and are hot. Since today is St Patrick day they even have green ones.
Streamracer is offline   Reply With Quote