Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2023, 11:27 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1964 30' Sovereign
Ione , CA
Best Campground Near Three Sisters, Oregon?

My wife and I are thinking of visiting the Three Sisters Mountains area near Sisters Oregon. We would like full hook ups in a nice RV campground in a forrested area with close(r) access to hiking trails and lakes for canoeing and streams/river for fly fishing. Larger campsite and fewer crowds are desired.
Have a 1964 30' Sovereign which we tow and use the 4WD Dodge Ram for day trips. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2121.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	439095  
Trowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 01:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
It has been some time but we have stayed at Bend/Sisters Garden RV Resort located on highway 20 between Bend and Sisters. They had a large pond/small lake on the property and I do believe it was set up for fishing. You can also head south into and past Bend to access the Deschutes River for fishing and floating. South of Bend on highway 97 you will find a state campround at LaPine. The Deschutes runs through it and you can fish the banks all along the area.
Sounds like a fun trip. Have a good time.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 07:45 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Boise , ID
Thatís a rather popular area. You might need to take a trip in a Time Machine 5 years to find a spot. At 30í, youíll also have some trouble fitting into many of the places that come to mind north of bend. As mentioned, there are a few state parks and rv campgrounds south of bend. My favorite is Tumalo SP, but I bet there are only 3 spots big enough for you. Sun Outdoors Bend is very nice and has some trees, but is in town and costs a bit much. I also liked The Camp, but that is urban camping and not for everyone.

Good luck and let me know what you find because Iím always looking for a good place in that area too!
Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 09:36 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1964 30' Sovereign
Ione , CA
Reply from Trowbridge

Thanks both of you for your recommendations in the Three Sisters area. From a search of websites and boards, it seems that the Bend/Sisters Garden RV Resort is the most likely spot in that area for our preferences. I'm researching four loop trip options for my wife to choose from for next Summer, and that would be one of two options exploring Oregon (we live in Northern California). Another loop is to Western Colorado and back across Nevada and Utah. And a third possibility is up through Oregon and Washington over to explore Victoria Island. I'll look forward to learning what she chooses
Trowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 11:38 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Petoskey , Michigan
I stayed at Creekside Park, walking distance to downtown Sisters. It is rustic and fills quickly but it might fit your needs. It is a city park and is below most of the RV-radars but is worth looking at website (below). I believe they are closed for the remainder of this season.

https://www.ci.sisters.or.us/creekside-campground

Keep us posted on your decisions and please post any reviews.
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 05:46 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Seattle , Washington
Creekside versus Garden RV

My wife and I visit friends in Sisters often and have stayed at both Creekside and Bend/Sisters Garden RV Resort. Creekside is a county park a couple of blocks from the center of Sisters on a walking/bike trail. Garden RV is a little more upscale, with a pool, but is not within walking distance to Sisters.
SEA Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote