Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Any Fort Worth campground recommendations?

Hi All,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice campground close to Fort Worth (downtown, cultural district, etc)?

I'm not having much luck finding something based on reviews from rvparkreviews and my other usual resources.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
barrettjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
No such animal my friends. The Corps of Engineers has two parks on Lake Benbrook and there's a private park off I-20 in Aledo west of Fort Worth. The best private park in the DFW area is on Lake Grapevine, The Vineyards and it's fabulous! Good luck.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2001 30' Classic S/O
2001 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel 300 hp w/slide
Helotes , Texas
The lake Benbrook is remote and little or no security, alsobonly couple full hookups Cowtown RV in Aledobis a pretty easy drive to downtown Ft Worth Nice park we stay there often
lsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
We have stayed at Cowtown RV Park in Aledo on several occasions in the past. It is located on the EB frontage road for I-20 just west of the I-20/I-30 junction. The traffic noise is minimal, particularly if you ask for a site towards the rear. Most of their sites are concrete pull throughs. I would recommend it for a visit to FW.

As for the following, I have no firsthand knowledge, only that they exist.

As for in town, the only one I know of is Fort Worth Midtown RV Park. It appears to be a small park in a confined lot where maneuvering might be an issue. The entrance is on W 6th St just west of Currie St.

On the SE end of FW, there is a place called Lakeview RV and Mobile Home Park. It is located on the frontage road at the junction of I-820 and US 287 along the SW end of Lake Arlington.

On the NW end of FW, there is a place called Lake Worth RV Ranch. It is located on the north side frontage road of Hwy 199 about 8/10 mile west of the bridge coming out of Lake Worth just beyond I-820.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Look at Lake Arlington.....It might as well be listed as Ft. Worth.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #6

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
If you're willing to trade "nice" for "close" (to the Cultural District) then in addition to the tiny park mentioned off W. 6th, there are some spaces at the Will Rogers complex. I can't tell from the PDF whether these spaces can be rented at any time, or only in conjunction with an event at the complex. There's contact info on the PDF, but the thing I notice that could be an issue is the fact that they don't take reservations or advance payment, "rent is only accepted when living quarters are present."

The ones listed as "North side of R/B Building" would be the preferable ones, that's the newest section and I think they're full hookups (and DEFINITELY full-priced at $60/night) but you'd be able to walk to the museums or the West 7th district.

Full disclosure: this is just down the street from where I live so I've never considered taking the Argosy over there, I don't know anything about it other than the fact that it's essentially a parking lot right in the middle of the Cultural District.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2011 31' Classic
Nellysford , Virginia
Hi - We've used Lake "Benbroke" and it's really very basic. Find my review on rvparkreviews because it tells you how to avoid getting lost by following your GPS. I like Northlake Village, between and north of DFW and FW, just off I-35W at TX114. O think the address is 13001 Cleveland Gibbs Rd. They treated me well last May and access to the whole area is pretty easy from up there.
TAC VA-18 | Life Mbr ACI 1927 - Spirit of Virginia Club | AIR 53869
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoominC6 View Post
No such animal my friends. The Corps of Engineers has two parks on Lake Benbrook and there's a private park off I-20 in Aledo west of Fort Worth. The best private park in the DFW area is on Lake Grapevine, The Vineyards and it's fabulous! Good luck.
After 50-years in Dallas I agree with this. I'd use another park for the Dallas area, but for the metro area, especially proximity to FW, go with these.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Thanks for the replies. We ended up staying at Treetops RV Village in Arlington. The park was very nice, very close to restaurants and shopping in Arlington, and fairly close to Fort Worth. You can find my review here if you're interested.
barrettjl is offline   Reply With Quote