Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2023, 09:05 AM   #1

2020 22' Caravel
Streamwood , Illinois
Airstream Service in the Charlotte, NC area

Greetings!

My spouse and I have recently relocated to the Charlotte region and are searching for a reliable service shop for general maintenance tasks. We would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights on the matter.

Thank you!
wynntrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 11:05 AM   #2
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Out of Doors Mart close to Greensboro is a AS dealer. I have not had service done there, but have bought parts there. They have a very good parts department with lots in inventory.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:42 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2024 20' Basecamp
Lake Norman , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRH View Post
Out of Doors Mart close to Greensboro is a AS dealer. I have not had service done there, but have bought parts there. They have a very good parts department with lots in inventory.
Out of Doors Mart sold out to RV One. Still in same location close to Greensboro in Colfax, NC. That’s where we bought our Airstream.
Old 03-17-2023, 05:24 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Another vote for Out of Doors Mart (now RV One) in Colfax, NC just outside of Greensboro, NC. Purchased new 2019 FC 25' RBT (heck of a deal, pre pandemic) and have had first class service with them since. Recently had them send me couple bottles of Walbernize Super Sealer. Had it at the house in 3 days. Perfect.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:14 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Gold Hill , North Carolina
RV one, (ODM) Greensboro is my go to parts and repairs. Over the years, I have used their service for repairs and their parts department for parts. They can handle anything Airstream/Argosy for professional repair work.
n89217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 09:56 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' Flying Cloud
Wake Forest , North Carolina
Personally, I will drive the extra hour or so from Raleigh area to go to Airstream of Virginia in Ashland, VA when needed. So far, I am not impressed with RV One nor all the changes made at Out Of Doors Mart. They used to be an Airstream only family run operation. Now you can see a few Airstreams on their lot, but mostly SOB trailers, and now it is run by a Corporate Conglomerate. (Which, btw, has already been bought out by Blue Compass. They are in the process of changing names...

https://mergr.com/blue-compass-rv-ac...ne-superstores
27ftToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 10:19 AM   #7
Rivet Master

I've had RV-One (ODM) do some work on a 1996 34', I'm not going to spend all the time it would take to write-up how bad the work was done. Just glad that I inspected the work before pulling the trailer off the lot. After reviewing with the service manager all the bad work, he assured me that it would be done correctly. I returned about two months later and everything was done correctly, to the point, I would use them again, but would go over in detail what I want done, how I want it done and let them know a full inspection of the work will be done at pick-up. This past fall, I think they were $175 an hour. Not great, but not bad.

Good Luck,
Old 03-18-2023, 11:34 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Oriental , North Carolina
I would have said Out of Doors Mart since they have been there for eons. But, hearing about their downward corporate slide, I would look elsewhere. Ashland Va is actually about 3 hours N of Raleigh. It is up above Richmond. We have AS friends who have dealt with a company in SC but I don't know which one.
Captn.Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 11:49 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Greeneville , Tennessee
Out of Doors Mart, Colfax, NC or Knoxville. Also in Lexington, SC. Years ago I bought an Airstream at a dealer in Raleigh, NC but I'm not sure they are still in business but worth a check.
Happy Camping
jimfa440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:58 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
According to an article in the latest Blue Beret Airstream Magazine a standalone dealer is coming to Charlotte, Nc sometime in the future.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 05:12 PM   #11
Zippy and the Chief

2021 30' Globetrotter
Chapin , South Carolina
Airstream service near Charlotte

I would recommend Johns RV in Lexington SC. We've had good experiences with both standard maint as well as body work on the banana wrap. We have a 28 RBT and the previous owner didn't understand the decal arrow pointing to jacking point. They jacked at the arrow until it jacked no more. Highly recommend Johns and its an hour and a half straight South of Charlotte on I-77
ScottOldre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 07:24 PM   #12

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Tobaccoville , North Carolina
I recently went to RV 1 in Greensboro. They are going through a lot of changes and are under staffed in their service dept. hopefully they will get thing figured out. They were excellent in service before they were bought out.
Cbullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:00 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Globetrotter
Boerne , Texas
While not a AS dealer, check out Golden Gate Trailers in Concord. We used them for the 15 years we lived in Charlotte to service our campers, flat-bed trailers and our horse trailer. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff.
thealy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 03:33 PM   #14
Phodeaux

2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Greenville , South Carolina
We bought an used Interstate from John's RV, now Airstream of South Carolina. When checking out the unit, the technician discovered a couple of issues and said he had to order parts. That was a year ago. The dealership changed hands and numerous calls have resulted in NOTHING!
I would continue looking and avoid Airstream of South CArolina, formerly John's RV!
Old 05-04-2024, 04:47 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2023 22' Caravel
Herndon , Virginia
Stay away from Blue Compass RV

I used Airstream of Greensboro (Blue Compass RV) once and never again.

They did an upgrade to lithium batteries on a 2023 Caravel 22FB. They did not attach the heating terminal on Battleboro batteriies

Service Tech claimed -> "The heater switches are optional . Heaters are only needed at -4 degrees"

disagreeing with manufacturer who said -> "the heating terminal should have been connected, and also a on/off switch should have been installed"

I was a rookie but found out early that some Airstream dealers are not very competent.
gokayaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 11:28 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Oriental , North Carolina
You are correct about the level of competency. I needed new batteries and went to an AirStream dealer, thinking I would get the same, high quality batteries that came with my trailer. No, they installed the cheapest things they could get and charged an enormous fee to do so. When I tried to hook up my truck I found the jack was nonfunctional. They had not wired the new batteries properly. I had to show the technician how to do it. I told the service manager that I needed a refund on the labor when I had to teach the service tech how to do his job. Who can be trusted?
Captn.Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 05:15 PM   #17

Pisgah Forest , NC
Disappointed in Charlotte Airstream!

Our back stabilizer jack fell off on the road. We brought it to Airstream Charlotte. The process was not really smooth from the beginning. I feel like they are friendly and have heart, but needs to smooth out some rough edges. We brought it into the service guy and he wrote our request on a legal pad. In addition to the stabilizer jack remount, we requested a wash and a latch part to take home. He said he’d email the invoice contract. This was Friday and they said we could pick it up on Monday. We chose to come back the following Monday due to schedule-3 hour drive.

We didn’t get an email so we contacted them. The invoice wasn’t correct when we got it and took several calls to correct the invoice. We called Friday afternoon to finally confirm the work order was accurate and said we’d be picking up on Monday. The Service Manager said we’d need an appointment which was never mentioned when we dropped off. We made one for 11 on Monday.

We arrived at 1100 and the rig wasn’t ready for 30 minutes. They didn’t have the part (latch) we ordered and they didn’t wash the rig. The Service Manager said it had rained. (It hadn’t rained the day of pick up at all- beautiful) She said, “It would get dirty again”

This isn’t so bad, but when we got home our FRONT stabilizer jack was completely bent and unusable. That wasn’t how we left it. We will call tomorrow to see how they respond but their customer service in the Service Department needs some work.
saltshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 03:58 PM   #18

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
MOUNT HOLLY , NC
I found Quality RV in Belmont and they used to be Airstream employees. They did some repairs for us and they were great
704-827-9299
719 Cason Street
Belmont, NC 28012
CloudChick is offline   Reply With Quote