Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcl View Post
The ban on non essential US travel to Canada was just extended another month to late August, as it has been every month since March. All indications are that it will be extended again at that time, and that even if it is opened, it will be restricted (likely allowing family reunification, but still with 14 day mandatory quarantine).

Our premier was asked today what it would take for the US Canada to be reopened, and he suggested that given the trends in cases in the US it was going to be a long time.

Just my guess, but I agree. Trendlines are telling me things aren't getting back to any semblence of normal this year. Our state tried opening up (in my opinion it had to be tried), but unsafe behavior over the holidays by citizens in general and by tourists/students in particular, have put cases on an upward spiral.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:05 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin and New Mexico were added today to the hot spot list for New York. The plus side is if you were in the state in question for less than 24 hours quarantine will not be enforced. So we're ok with Ohio, Wisconsin, but not Minnesota (since we live here).

Kay
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:52 PM   #23
jcl
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Just my guess, but I agree. Trendlines are telling me things aren't getting back to any semblence of normal this year. Our state tried opening up (in my opinion it had to be tried), but unsafe behavior over the holidays by citizens in general and by tourists/students in particular, have put cases on an upward spiral.
Public support for keeping it closed is running over 80% in Canada, in recent polling. It is rare that so many people agree on something, IMO.

The phrase used by our federal government is that it will remain closed for the foreseeable future. Public health officials have suggested that means the end of the year as a minimum, if not longer.
jcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:39 AM   #24
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minno View Post
Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin and New Mexico were added today to the hot spot list for New York. The plus side is if you were in the state in question for less than 24 hours quarantine will not be enforced. So we're ok with Ohio, Wisconsin, but not Minnesota (since we live here).

Kay
Great news. Minnesota has been removed from the hot spot ist of states that are required to quarantine if visiting New York.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:33 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Yup, got that message from our NY son last evening. I'm not holding my breathe that we won't go back on it though!

Kay
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:19 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This thread could be entitled “Camping DURING the COVID”.

We have been in Wyoming and South Dakota the last month or so, and there are lots and lots of travelers out and about from all over the country.

Everyone is very aware, strangers are automatically maintaining social distance, and masks are required indoor in most places.

That said, our RV’s allow us to be much safer than regular travel where all meals are consumed in restaurants and nights are spent in hotels or other dwellings occupied by an ever changing clientele.

It is good for the economy for us to be traveling, if we keep ourselves and others safe by using the medically recommended precautions.

I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in the galley and use it anytime I come inside from anyplace where I have touched things others must also touch.

Go, be careful, and enjoy.

Maggie