Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Adventures in the Keys

Jenn and I escaped the cooler temps, holiday madness, and ran off to the Keys for the second year in a row. We had a three-day stopover in Orlando to watch the local high school football team play for the state championship (unfortunately they lost), and a visit to Mickey's house (we spent a whole day at Disney and did't spend a dime....ask me how, next time we meet).

In the Keys we stayed at Bahia Honda SP. If you have ever wondered what this park is like, take a look at the YouTube video that I produced:

Although I frequently produce videos of our travels, this is my first attempt at posting to YouTube. I'm practicing for a Canopener production......so, if you're there and camera shy.....let me know in advance that you don't want to show up on YouTube.

Have a great New Year.....looking forward to seeing many of you at Topsail in a couple of weeks.

Chief

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Nice job Ron. You even got a picture of Silverman on Mallory Square. Of all the performers there, he was the freakiest we saw.

It just started snowing here, sorry you're missing it. It's almost 30˚, warmest it's been in weeks. We are so lucky.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Very beautiful job! I enjoyed it immensly. Bahia Honda was one of my favorite places in the Keys. The beach was fabulous. Thanks for the great tours!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
Very awesome video !!! We have a week reserved in April , it seems to be the exact spot you had,, number 008 if i am looking at it correctly, Last year we were in 039 , such a great place to stay
Old 12-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
SilverWanderlust

1980 20' Caravelle
San Diego , California
You did a great job making this video, very professional and Buffett was the cherry on the cake. Key West is my favorite spot in the US, there's no other place like it. I'm keeping this filed to watch everytime I start missing those balmy breezes, sunsets, great food and six-toed cats. Thanks again, Chief.

Lyn (once a Chief, always a Chief)
DTC, USN (Ret)
Lyn Gradwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Venice , Florida
Nice job. We were there in October, windy but nice!
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Chief,
Great job! Haven't been there in a number of years, but from what I remember you sure covered all the bases.
How far in advance did you have to make the reservations?
Dave
PS. we camped last week northeast of G'ville at Gold Head Branch SP and I can say you definitely had better weather.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to meeting you soon.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
Chief,
Great job! Haven't been there in a number of years, but from what I remember you sure covered all the bases.
How far in advance did you have to make the reservations?
Dave
PS. we camped last week northeast of G'ville at Gold Head Branch SP and I can say you definitely had better weather.
Dave,

It was a bit cool for us in Orlando also. Reservations......hard to get.....appears that Bahia Honda ranks right up there with the most difficult. Reserve America has an 11 month window for reservations.......I was on the laptop at two minutes after the window opened and still couldn't get a waterfront site. I actually reserved 14 days, but ended up cancelling the first seven. It is one of those deals that you really have to work at, but persistence pays off......they do have cancellations. A guy in our neighboring site, with a MH, was spending one night (only) in different places for a week......much easier to move with a MH, but still a pain.

Good luck!

Chief

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Classic
CLARKSVILLE , Tennessee
Bahia Honda S. P. video

Great Job! Hope to go there when retire soon. Will look forward to seeing your Can Opener video. Keep up the great work.
Camper Dave
Camper Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Excella
1976 Argosy 24
Olsburg , Kansas
I am envious!

Thanks for the video, my wife and I are considering going there next fall. I am trying to figure out places to stay and when to go. Have a great year!
clydecrashcu is offline   Reply With Quote