Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
6 pm C of E check-in?

After making good time from Dallas to Arkansas, was told C of E check-in isn't til 6 pm. Shame on me for not knowing, but is that uniform nationwide? So we are sitting at Walmart waiting to see if the folks on our campsite check out at 4 like they are supposed to
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
After making good time from Dallas to Arkansas, was told C of E check-in isn't til 6 pm. Shame on me for not knowing, but is that uniform nationwide? So we are sitting at Walmart waiting to see if the folks on our campsite check out at 4 like they are supposed to
and "C of E" is ...
- Church of England?
- Camp of Enlightenment?
- Caravan of Elves?
- Circus of Elephants?
- Center of Everything?

1965 Avion C-10 Truck Camper (65avion.home.blog)
DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Corps of Engineers...

That is the latest check in I have ever seen.
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Yikes! That is really late!
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
That is late! I know here on the east side, 4:00 P.M. is check in time for C of E. and I thought that was late.
AIR #30685
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #6
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I stayed at a Corps of Engineers park (Old Post Road Park, Russellville, Arkansas) just a couple weeks ago. Check-in was 4:00 p.m. and check-out was 3:00 p.m.

Which park was it that had the 6:00 check-in?
Old 06-11-2012, 05:34 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Wow! Is that fairly common at C of E campgrounds? Does the late check-in apply only if the site is still occupied? I could see how many camping at a nearby park for the weekend may stay until the last minute on Sunday before heading home, but those who are traveling on would likely be gone by mid-morning.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
Check In Time

We stay at Corps of Engineers campgrounds on a regular basis. We have found the check in and check out times vary with location, anywhere from 2pm till 6pm. We make our reservations through the web site reservations.gov and the times are given with the description of the camp site. As a matter of fact spent last week at Kendall campground at Lake Cumberland, Kentucky, check in and check out are both 3pm. Several days after making the online reservation got an email asking if I wanted to pre register. Filled out the pre registration data and went straight to the campsite. Never saw the camp host or ranger the entire week. By the way we arrived at 10am and no one was on the site so we went ahead and set up. No problem.
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #9
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Actually, check-in times vary by campground, and sometimes by season within the same campground (tends to be later in high summer). It depends on several factors, including whether the check-in desk is manned by a Corps employee or a volunteer, whether the sites are improved or primitive, and whether the campground takes reservations or is first-come-first served. My best advice is to visit the campground's web page and find out when the check-in time is, and plan your trip so that you don't arrive any sooner.

fltlevel510 may have arrived early and set up with no problem because the check-in desk was unmanned, but don't count on it happening that way all the time. As often as not, if you arrive early and set up right away you'l be charged for an extra day.

www.CorpsLakes.us - Corps Lakes Gateway - To select a Corps campground, start here. You can search— by state, or by lake, or by activity type— to find just the right campground to suit your tastes. Note: As a courtesy, the Gateway also lists state parks that are located at Corps project lakes. One drawback to this site is that they don't usually provide links directly to each campground's web page. Easiest way to find that is to Google the exact name of the campground you want after selecting it at the Gateway.

To go to the campground's web page, go to the reservations page at
http://www.recreation.gov/ - You can make reservations through this site for many Corps campgrounds. However, as noted above, some Corps campgrounds, especially those with primitive sites, are first-come-first-served.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Oh, Rats. It would be an Arkansas Corps park with a check-in that late. I'm sorry! I've never known it to be that late anywhere else.

Hope you have a great time this week.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote