Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
I don't pray much, but for these two, I do. Makes all the "gee, I can't get my exhaust fan on" posts seem rather trite and shallow.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #42
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Well, I'm still interested in how these folk are doing. The rest of you can polish away.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #43
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Yes my prayers and thoughts are with these two.I have been out on the road with a seriously ill husband and well I don't know what to say. But If they check in I will help them anyway I can.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Jo View Post
But If they check in I will help them anyway I can.
Same with us.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNAX View Post
I tried to PM you, Mike_Leary but I was unable. Check your profile comments.

Forgot some stuff about NOISE:

If you've done the "tone ring mod", then reverse it. And you can lose the Cold Air Intake. Even an 11,000-lb Airstream won't need it running any grade any where you choose. Baker, Raton, the Gorge, irrelevant. If you have a tuner, you don't need it either. EGT's won't change enough to matter. The stock box is quieter, and I have yet to see anyone prove better numbers.

After all, an Airstream needs 20% less power to yank around the countryside. There's guys doing it (no joke) with Jeep Wranglers (JK model; some of our Canuck friends). Cadillacs, other-stuff-you-wouldn't-believe. The (deleted) pulling wood-framed square boxes probably need more help than the latest "go fast" gizmo can give them.

As to the other end of the horse, the stock exhaust is fine; or, a 51" DONALDSON is said to be good. I'm running a resonator AND a ROKKTECH "Silent Might" on mine. Xero, zero, nada drone.

Quiet is a state of blessedness.

Lot's of folks looking to hear from you. (Check the number of views this thread has had).
I have no clue what you are talking about, I have people's health on my mind, not some speed freak gibberish. Hopefully, the mods will dump this crap.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:59 AM   #46
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
thanks guys for the prayers .. sorry for not checking in. Spent the morning talking to a Dr that was not happy we took off like this but he is not the one that has little time to have a life doing what he planned with his wife. Gregg was ok enough that he did push on to Santa Rosa,NM and is freaking me out a little but alternate plan is to call in the Marines in Amarillo which is my nephew (who is upset with us now) and 2 of his buds they just got back from Iraq so they are on call to jump a plane and put Gregg on one back to Dallas. We tracked his health all the way, we were to do this in Vegas but he wanted to go on. Mike he added the Grand Canyon to his bucket list he saw a train depot or something before the exit for the KOA. He did start to feel bad again and I tried to get him to stop but he said he can make it. I maybe wrong but I fear he will push this which will only make matters worse. I know time is not on our side but slowing it down seems like it would be better. It has been a whirlwind but we now have the things we need to fullfill his bucket list... well I need to go let my Yorkie friends know where we are that so far we are ok and there is a plan. One good thing about this happening is that now we realize we HAVE to have a plan on when he needs medical attention and plan trips where there is the right medical care his illness is with his liver and heart and those Drs are not just anywhere we have found out. During my rush to get the trl and all the other stuff I failed at the possibility of needing a Dr. Thank God for the Marines though, they taught my boys well.

Again THANK YOU so much for the support ... it is heart warming since I am a total newbie here and clueless still...

Many hugs to all

thinking maybe we should have just done planes and hotels to do the things he wanted but he wanted a old AS to restore but no time for the restore... I so hope I am doing the right thing as it has been all me doing it ...
Victorialhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:14 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
I hope that you both get to see and do all the things on your bucket list. Thanks for letting us know where you are. Please try to take it just a little slower and I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:26 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
1962 24' Tradewind
Vincennes , Indiana
Glad to hear things are ok.

Godspeed,
Trent
TV4: 2005 Dodge 3500, 478,000 miles, 4spd auto
"Too much of what I once knew I now know not" Me
blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:53 AM   #49
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Glad you made it, we almost sent out the cavalry.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #50
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Glad to here you are still going for it .Yes with sickness unfortunately you do have to take it into consideration.Don't let it slow you down to much it will take a little before the two of you realize when you have had enough for the day. It is not the destination but the journey.One nice thing by pulling your trailer.you are always at home just pull over .
Jo
Old 11-18-2009, 07:35 AM   #51
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Parkdale , Oregon
Glad to hear you are ok. You've been in my thoughts and prayers.
darlingbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #52
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Antlers , Oklahoma
I am very glad you checked in - If I can help in any way just let me know. I can leave in a moments notice and travel anywhere. I work fulltime but to heck with work - My AS friends are second in my book - Girlfriend is first - lol. Would love to see pics - but if not - that is ok too. I agree with Gypsy Jo - "It is not the destination but the journey" - Happy Trails

2006 GMC 1500 SLE Crew Cab
5.3L V8 Towing Package
Equal-i-zer E2

AIR # 40365
TAC # OK-3
mwells4654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Glad to hear the Marines have landed.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #54
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Victorialhq
Hope you get a chance to check in and let us know how things are going.
Jo
Old 11-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #55
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
The Marines did indeed land and they got the trailer to Sandy Lake and no way am I staying here ...nopers that will not happen, can't even put the awning out with the screen room for the dogs and me to have a ciggie can't see smoking in the AS. Well the US of A did not train our fighting boys on RVing that is for sure ... there is a dent in the pick up and the trailer where someone turned to tight not sure how they did this but lost a lens cover... then hooked up the fresh water into the black tank flooded the bathroom then used my brand new towels to soak it up ... Well then we call for a RV service guy bet he thought we were friggin nuts but he said the non draining toliet was operater error that is how I know they hooked the water up wrong. But the trailer has to go to the shop as it sat 3 yrs and it has leaks so there goes the money to make it look like the trl DH wanted but I think that is ok because time appears to be going and we will leave for FL .. he wants to deep sea fish so I am searching for a reasonable place to go... I am PRAYING so please pray that we can stay in FL for 3 months at least... then off to NC will be close to that base as by then Army nephew (they are brothers) will be home from Iraq but the dang Army will not give a time frame (neither did the Marines) ticks me off anyway that way DH can see his Fav nephew but the Marine one did point out that the Marines are the ones to save him. Well that is the plan for now....
Guess I better be praying nothing else is wrong with the AS ... I knew there could be issues as there always is ..but he wanted a older AS ... If you guys want to pray again let it be that I didn't buy a twinkie load of trouble here...
Here is part of our rescue crew.... never call him to hook you up or cook in your microwave ....though you will regret it.... nor do you let a group of Marines play with your laptops they play weird games and put gross music on your stereo or is it I am getting old oh but you do get to learn about big guns and stuff I really didn't care about learning .. glad I do have a brain injury as most of the talk is no longer in my memory

Oh forgot DH did get to the Dr but they did not have to put him in the hospital but we go back in the AM after we drop the trailer off.

Oh gosh I just saw the requests for pics .. I did not have my camera .. did do some with my cell phone they are on Facebook sort of did a mobile diary for friends that disagreed with this trip and the plans oh well ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blake 2.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	91291  
Old 11-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #56
4 Rivet Member

2004 31' Classic
lubbock , Texas
Uh.....

Wow.......
jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #57
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
You made it, that's the main thing. As they say, "everything else is peanut butter".
Old 11-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #58
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Glad to hear the marines saved the day.Although with afew dings.Give them an A for effort. I guess the US marines don't think training for rv hookup and travel is needed .Take a deep breath sit down for a couple minutes. Then see what else you can get into.lol
Jo
Old 11-21-2009, 05:39 AM   #59
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
oh I found what else lol... it rained and the seals on the windows have dry rotten Now where is that jelly... prefer blueberry.... well we go back to pick our baby up this morning the guy is ordering seal things from AS but I am thinking can silacone not seal the windows for now as I want to get Gregg to FL while he still can... I know we just had a nightmare but I want a few things for him even if it is just one trip and before this rv service guy takes all my money.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #60
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Don't sweat the small stuff, if the running gear is in good shape, the applicances work, get moving!