Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Vintage Kin
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2020, 01:09 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Highlands Ranch , Colorado
What I would use depends on the tongue and over weight of the trailer. If it's low enough, my 2013 Polaris Ranger 900XP might do it. I've used it to move very heavy single axle diesel generators down dirt roads. The Ranger certainly isn't rated for that much weight, but it did it with no evidence that the belt was burning up.

If you can find someone with a full size Bronco or Blazer with a receiver hitch on the front, that could also work. A large enough lawn tractor could also work.
HRTKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #22
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Has this thread not died the death it so deserves yet? It's a SOB and a woman that can't figure out how to move it. HIRE someone to do it!

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:59 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
East Lansing , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiegirl View Post
In a moment of insanity, I purchased a 25' Fireball travel trailer, double axel, to use as a tiny house/airbnb rental. It's beautifully renovated, and guests love it. It is currently sitting in my driveway - I'd like to move it into the yard, where I can have a sewer hook-up and access to water and a 20 amp outlet. The problem is that I have to fit it through a narrow driveway to get it into the yard, then move it under the power line to my house, around a curve and over some flat grass to it's final home in the back of the yard.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to get anyone killed, and my friends are in their 50's and 60's so there isn't much brute strength I can rally. Could we use a Bobcat or some sort of trailer dolly? thanks.
There are several walk behind, battery powered, trailer mover's that are used to move trailers in confined spaces. You might see if a local rental company has one available. Or purchase one, use it and re-sell it!
SnowWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:06 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
Has this thread not died the death it so deserves yet? It's a SOB and a woman that can't figure out how to move it. HIRE someone to do it! I've
I've seen these 'rotators' do some great boom work in tight places......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 3.58.57 PM.png
Views:	45
Size:	886.2 KB
ID:	359477  
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:05 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
High River , Alberta
A small farm tractor, like a Kubota, might work very well. Even a larger garden tractor e.g. 18 to 20 hp, might be sufficient.
AlbertF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:55 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
San Jose , California
I found a solution: I'm selling the big trailer and buying a small one that will fit through the driveway. I might even be able to drive it myself.

Thanks to everyone who commented.
Cookiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:22 AM   #27
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
So, for you folks who follow later with same questions and task.

Call the local rigging company. They move heavy equipment. And they move it through 8 ft hallways. They lift, drag, push, haul, rotate and locate stuff. They do it without damaging floors. They go through windows. They rig stuff into places it was never intended to go.

Crane companies sometimes have these services or would know the team that can do the job. Our best was connected to a local moving company.

Given no such folks, the next best resource is the wrecker company that knows how to retrieve expensive cars from storage. The key is to find the folks that move things without causing more damage.

But, I really do like the OP's solution. It's easier to move small, each and every time. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote