Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2022, 12:42 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
SLC , Utah
In the buyers eyes? 1946 CW2

Hi everyone! And thanks for your input! This topic is about trailer value and the current market for aluminum trailers.

I may be on the wrong forum topic, but. I have just picked up my 46 Curtis Wright M2 from the metal/restoration shop. It is a complete frame off with new alum. walls inside and out along with new size correct aluminum windows. The only original pieces are the frame, roof, and entry door. The floor is 5/8in marine grade plywood with flooring. Interior is yet to be finished.

I have many pictures of different styled interiors from period correct to updated with modern touches. What is preferred in the market? This trailer had no interior when I purchased her so I have a clean slate.

To get to the real question, what areas of the country would I have a better chance of selling to and is the market holding up with the current economy? I really appreciate any input that you have.

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	93D550C5-8391-469D-9584-E120903949DF.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	449.2 KB
ID:	417237   Click image for larger version

Name:	DEDE51C5-1F60-4195-94F4-D1A3184AA0C8.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	417238  

MojoRisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 11:06 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Apple Valley , UT
California still has a few people with money. Florida might be good. Texas. The hard thing is to design for someone else. So I would say keep it simple but quality materials. You want to have solid necessities but leave room for a buyer to make it theirs. If you plan to sell it. That's a tough balancing act. I'm not qualified to say much more than that. Hopefully someone that buys and sells a lot could give you more advice.
76streaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:26 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
1961 28' Ambassador
1968 26' Overlander
Lakewood , Colorado
Hey Dennis, I'm pretty much in the same boat as I work on my '46 Spartan. On one hand I don't think there's much I can do about the markets and since this is a retirement project I'm not overly concerned (if at all) with how much money I may or may not make. I'm more focused on a project that will have a broader appeal, kind of aiming for something that could be an air BnB. Different from a trailer I have done for myself. Hence, a wet bath, permanent full bed, microwave, TV etc. I think style can be complimentary to the trailers time period, many mid-century trailers look good in Mid-Century decor. Also, in the age of the internet I think it's fairly easy to get your product in front of a lot of people. I think much harder to predict will be overall pricing trends. Two other areas I know fairly well are vintage guitars and classic cars... the premium stuff always holds it's value and sells. Another side thought, I've done two trailers to the halfway point and sold and that has also worked well. Nice looking trailer.
Good luck, Mark D
mrdes8 is offline   Reply With Quote