Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Vintage Kin
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2019, 05:45 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Columbus , Ohio
Avion 63 T27 rear window

We are missing our rear bath window. The P.O. modified it for a window unit.

I have the screen frame and the original window frame is still rivited in place but the window is gutted.

From all the photos I have see it appears the original would have been a two panel Jolous window or possible an escape window.

Can anyone confirm what type of window was in the space originally and possibly where to get a new or used one

Thank you.
MountainMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:24 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
Hi.

I believe your trailer had a two-pane jalousie type window. If all the mechanisms are in place it would just be a matter of getting a couple panels of glass cut. If not, there are actually several places to get parts to rebuild the window to original or just install a fixed pane.

You may want to post your question to the Avion forum aviontrailers.net and maybe give Chuck Cayo a call, his grandfather started Avion and chuck is still in the biz repairing them and is a fount of knowledge. *+1 (269) 463-5068‬

Good luck,
Ian
Iansk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:50 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Columbus , Ohio
Sorry to say my window was gutted. I have talked to Chuck and he does not have any currently.

Chances are it was a Hehr 1009 but that is a guess. It has the lower hooks so it probable was an escape window/Clearview type.

Thank you for your help
MountainMom is offline   Reply With Quote