Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Vintage Kin
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #1

Vintage Kin Owner
Fenelon Falls , Ontario
1979 Travelux - Where to Repair

Well we have a 1979 32ft Travelux Trailer, we bought it two years ago and have upgraded more and more each year. This spring we are going to tackle the dreaded Exterior...Dunt...Dunt...Duhhhh. Well the previous owners semi repaired the front left corner when a tree came into contact with it.. The panels are curved and riveted and only a few require replacing, I was wondering if anyone knew of a place in Ontario Canada that I could get them replaced? A great fabricating place?? I will post up some pics shortly!!!
Also the awning might be the death of me.....I don't want East West awning stripes..I want North South..and apparently they aren't readily available.. I found one awning company in Toronto named Pikes and they gave me a ball park quote of $1800.00..YIKES and that is only for the material Again if anyone knows of somewhere I can start search that would be greatly appreciated
I have bought a few vintage parts from Peterborough RV...they keep a lot of older items ...and the gentleman there really knows his older stuff!!
Happy Hunting
Brandy
Travelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
x

XXXX , XXXX
Hi Brandy and welcome to the forums from a fellow Canuck and Ontarian. If you are willing to wait until spring I know a forum member here in Ontario that may be able to help you. He is in Strathroy. His screen name is Shacksman. If you do a member search for him you can send him a private message to ask him for help. He has helped me replace several panels on my airstream and really knows his stuff.
What brand of awning do you have? Replacement fabric is available for most brands and for a lot less than $1800.00.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
Hi Travelux cool name lol.

The panels on your trailer are all made of flat aluminum with a bead rolled in the edge. It is possible to buy the aluminum and make the panel. The best place to start looking for help, might be Peterboro airport. It is basically the same as repairing an airplane.

If the panel is not crashed in too bad it is sometimes possible to iron out the damage without replacing the whole panel. There are a couple of threads on this if you do a search.

I have a Travelux Princess and would like to see your trailer some time.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Howdy Travelux and welcome to Airforums.com!

We are sure all eager to see photos of your trailer!! I've read a bit about Travelux, but have never seen one up close.

I know fo a really good fabricator, but he's north of Kingston (off Perth Road), so you may want to try one of the guys already suggested, since they are a bunch closer to you, especially Peterborough.

Good luck, and please post photos as soon as you can?
Old 05-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Pefferlaw , Ontario
Is your travelux trailer on hwy 35 across from Highlands Propane ?
1968Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1979 travelux, 32'