Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Vintage Kin
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Dripping Springs , Texas
1966 Silver Streak

I am in no position to buy this, so maybe someone here will be interested.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/rvs/5459861291.html

Text of the ad:

Quote:
This is a pristine, 1966 Silverstreak travel trailer. I bought the trailer from the original owner, who at 92 went into a nursing home and gave it to a neighbor for safe keeping. He purchased it from the factory and I have the original bill of sale, list of options, keys, manuals, brochure and warranty books. It was purchased in El Monte, CA from Airstream for $6,253 dollars in 1966!!!

The condition is near perfect, with the original sofa bed and mattresses in excellent condition. New black & white toile curtains, down bed duvets and white cotton sofa/bed upholstery.

The does have a few minor exterior imperfections, but is almost 50! It has always been kept under cover. This gal has not had a new "polish" because the outside is in very good condition.

There is cold A/C, a TV with remote & DVD player, which moves from bedroom to living room with the ease of a button. I has a full size refrigerator, stove, oven and microwave. You can use gas or electricity for the frig.

Kitchen tile is white and cream on the backsplash and maybe you could upgrade the original white formica counters?

Full size shower and toilet. The bathroom floor is wood as well. The storage is fantastic, and all gadgets are in full, working condition.

I have a custom, sway bar system that makes her run steady and with ease. There is an electric winch and new connection chains. There is a spot for 2 cans of gas for those who really are in remote areas. The trailer even has the original "rabbit ears" to pick up television stations without cable access. New tires and very good looking wheels.

The awning is in perfect shape and all connection lights to the vehicle work perfect. There are 2 original chairs for the fold down dining table and fun party lights that came with the trailer

This trailer needs nothing. I am an older woman who has taken trips with the kids, but without my husband and feel safe & secure. Definitely a head turner and have received offers to sell her from strangers at gas stations!

I am not a reseller, just need the cash to start a business, otherwise would never sell.

I'm looking for a buyer that understands how special this trailer is and has the desire to keep the legacy alive. It has been an honor to own this trailer and I will keep it if I do not find the right person or get the right price.

I am somewhat flexible, but not desperate, so please no low ball offers. I know the value and worth of this highly collectable treasure.

This is a truly exceptional Silver Streak and a special opportunity for the person who loves them.
$20,000 OBO
Plus, it's in Concan, which is a beautiful river resort area in the Texas Hill Country.
kmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #2
1987 Avion 34W owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
I love Silver Streaks. That one is very nice. Maybe high on the price, but who knows?
PaulnGina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags