Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Photography
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2005, 10:02 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
more to the story

Quote:
Originally Posted by scf31
The Pictures and stories were Awesome !!!
I posted the pictures of the second leg of our trip on this thread, if you want to see a continuation of our journey!

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=17222

I had given the short story last time. Here is a little longer version for those interested. Not only is this trip for Angela's recuperation and health, but we wanted to check out of the "rat race" and find something a little more slower pace. We decided that we would use this trip to also search for that ideal piece of land, or the perfect home, where we could settle down affordably, start our family, and enjoy that which we love most - the great outdoors. Well, after 8 years of dreaming about it, planning for it, and working extremely hard towards it, we have finally found the property of our dreams - and earlier on in our AS road trip than expected! On Monday, our real estate agent let us know that the seller accepted our offer!!!! We are incredibly excited. On the property, we will build the timberframe home that we designed until 4 am in the morning the night Angela and I got engaged. This will take 3-4 years of buildout as time and money allows. To raise funds, we are selling shares in our guest room for those who would like to visit and partake of some of the area's wonderful champagne powder skiing, ice climbing, rock climbing, mountain biking, fly fishing, horse riding, golfing, wine drinking, wine drinking, did we mention wine drinking, and of course, wine drinking. The IPO for our guest room will occur in the Spring of 2006 and listed on NASDAQ under the symbol BRK (Broke as hell!) So send money now!!!!!

Enjoy the photos of the property! No need to sign in or join to view the photos.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=xl8k1ah.bezymt91&x=0&y=9seadn

p.s. we are continuing our Airstream trip after we close escrow and will be back in San Francisco around Sept or Oct. We can only afford a cardboard box under the bay bridge, but we will be happy working as indentured servants until we pay off the property and construction loan. So we will go back to the rat race for a little while, but at least we know now what awaits us at the end of the tunnel! Remember, please send money now!!!

- Mike & Angela & our dog/son Kenzie
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:17 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Man, that is a sweet piece of property you have there. I love the Breckenridge area. By the way My girl friend and I will be passing by next spring in our 19’ CCD on the way to Fruita MTN Bike Festival and 18 hour race. Post pic’s of your Motolite when yopu get a chance! LOL
chipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:51 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
fantastic pictures

Congratulations on your maiden voyage and a big THANK YOU for bringing us along! I had a wonderful time on your vacation. Gorgeous scenics, stunning reflections, interesting and unusual people (and dog) shots and a bit of humour, nice span of images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmimi
Hello everyone!

My wife and I are on our maiden voyage, and about 4 weeks in to a 6+ month road trip. I loaded a ton of low res photos onto ofoto.com (a lot easier than trying to put onto a gallery on this forum). Feel free to view the photos at:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=0&y=-v34jyd

You don't need to join ofoto. Just double-click on the photo of the airstream and it will start the slide show. (Warning: 145 photos or so). If you want the whole story behind our trip, PM me! I'll responde whenever we have internet access.

Also, if anyone has advice on the following thread, please let me know:

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=16895

Thanks! I'll post more photos as the trip progresses. We are currently in Santa Fe NM and on Saturday head to Durango CO. We also met our very first airstreamforums members, Mary and Gary from Texas, while we were at the KOA in Albuquerque NM. Nice to see some of us out there!

- Mike & Angela & our son/dog Kenzie

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:48 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
Titus pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipw
By the way My girl friend and I will be passing by next spring in our 19’ CCD on the way to Fruita MTN Bike Festival and 18 hour race. Post pic’s of your Motolite when yopu get a chance! LOL
Chip-

Here's a pic of the Titus!

Some specs: Chris King head set, XTR hubs and wheels, XTR Cranks, SRAM X.0 grip shift and X.0 front and rear derailleurs, Candy Ti pedals, Fox TALAS 90-140mm, Fox RP3 rear shock, Marta SL hydraulic brakes, Easton Monkey Lite low rise handlebars, Thompson stem, WTB seat. baby weighs in at 26.4 lbs. Sweetest ride I've ever been on, and the single track around Breck is absolutely incredible. I almost like the bike as much as our Airstream!

Drop me a line on your way through Breck next spring. If we are here, you can park on our property and we can share a ride! The Colorado trail is about 1/2 mile from our driveway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tituslake.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	13967  
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:57 AM   #25
1 Rivet Member

Sweet bike! I almost went with a Titus raerx last year, ended up with a Santa Cruz blur but now have come full circle back to a hardtail! LOL

By the way here are a few pic's of our airstream in action at the Odysee one day Adventure race this year:

http://www.waramos.com/displayimage.php?album=69&pos=41
http://www.waramos.com/displayimage.php?album=69&pos=43

http://www.waramos.com/displayimage.php?album=69&pos=44
chipw is offline   Reply With Quote