Old 03-10-2020, 02:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 Basecamp
Arlington Heightsi , Illinois
Truma Trouble Solution

Hi,

Here is a solution for the Trouble with Truma.

I'd like to send one each to the first six respondents at no charge. I'd just like your opinion.

My Truma controller went bad after several bouts of moisture. Rain water can enter an open curb side window and/or from frost that melts into water on the inside of the window and runs on the back of the Truma controller. I see much discussion about this on the Airstream forums.

TheBlackDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:36 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2019 Basecamp
I'm not trying to sell you these now but rather just get a few in your hands to see what you all think. I hope that it helps others with the same problem. Took me a few days to work up the die, but now it is easy for me to make more. I could make lots and lots off this die. Seems a shame to do all the work just for my own. I am a retired dentist and have a full workable dental lab at my disposal. The boots are made like a dental mouth guard. The material is medical safe and would not interfere with your green certification. Designed and fabricated in the US.
The boot simply installs between the wall and the Truma mounting plate. The Truma controller then slips into a protected environment. The controller is isolated from the inside wall space and open to breath cabin air from the front.

Can I mail you one to check out and have? I don't want them back. First six requests only.

Regards,
Dr. Todd Powell
drtoddpowell@sbcglobal.net

Old 03-10-2020, 02:39 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2019 Basecamp
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boot For Turma.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	363010
Old 03-10-2020, 10:11 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 Basecamp
Another Solution

I've been told in private message that Airstream has their own solution - a cover. Does anyone have any info on a truma cover?
Old 03-11-2020, 01:51 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 Basecamp
More on Airstream's cover

Thanks to Airstreambud for the attached photograph!

This is the Aristream Truma cover produced in response to the water on the controller problem.

Trouble is mine 2019 came stock with that cover and the water still got in there and left me cold with no furnace one night.

The boot I made fits into the wall and the Truma panel with back cover and all slip into the boot.

I have a few more of the custom boots I have made. I am happy to send out the few more I have to anyone who needs one no charge. That is while they last. These are my reaming prototypes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	truma cover.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	363078