Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Base Camp
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-09-2020, 08:07 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 Basecamp
Delta , BC
Truma ignition issue

Hi all,
our 2018 basecamp has had some recent truma CP plus hot water issues...
occasionally our hot water won't ignite when we try it. we were out two weeks ago and it worked perfectly. last week, i couldn't get it to light.
this happened last year as well, and after much research, i vacuumed out the exhaust vent and everything seemed to be fixed (bugs and spiders get in there and nest.)
after trying everything i could think of while away- generator power, purging lines, different tanks, vacuuming out the exhaust, etc- i arrived home and tried
it again... no luck. so i used my large shop vac to hopefully clear whatever may be in there, and it worked! i made sure by disconnecting house power and trying a few more times, and it worked fine. i shut it off for the night.
so todave.... i could not get it to ignite no matter what i did, and i tried literally everything (no, i haven't quite called truma service)
there were a couple of times when it would ignite, but not stay lit once the cycle was over. i'm stumped!!

anyone else dealt with this?!

thx,
dave
davewear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by davewear View Post
Hi all,
our 2018 basecamp has had some recent truma CP plus hot water issues...
occasionally our hot water won't ignite when we try it. we were out two weeks ago and it worked perfectly. last week, i couldn't get it to light.
this happened last year as well, and after much research, i vacuumed out the exhaust vent and everything seemed to be fixed (bugs and spiders get in there and nest.)
after trying everything i could think of while away- generator power, purging lines, different tanks, vacuuming out the exhaust, etc- i arrived home and tried
it again... no luck. so i used my large shop vac to hopefully clear whatever may be in there, and it worked! i made sure by disconnecting house power and trying a few more times, and it worked fine. i shut it off for the night.
so todave.... i could not get it to ignite no matter what i did, and i tried literally everything (no, i haven't quite called truma service)
there were a couple of times when it would ignite, but not stay lit once the cycle was over. i'm stumped!!

anyone else dealt with this?!

thx,
dave
Hi davewear,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Old 06-11-2020, 09:45 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2018 Basecamp
Delta , BC
Solved!

well, it got solved...
i ended up trying the "quick open" method for opening my propane tanks (i'd been trying the "open slow" method), and then running the stove burners for a fair while, which i found as a tip on the web.
i also tapped the regulator a few times, so that could be part of it...

seems i must've had air in the lines, and it wasn't purging itself properly.
anyhow, if it happens again, i now have a few versions of what to do.
get out and enjoy!

dave from davewear.com
davewear is offline   Reply With Quote